Author Topic: After compiling the PlaneShift source, the programs have a strange error...  (Read 2273 times)

Gergon

• Traveller
    • View Profile
After I compilied them, the programs did not have any icons, I thought well, maybe theres not sposed to be any, and I ran pssetup.exe, and it rapidly flashes black and white on the inside of the borders.
I used MSVC 9.0 to compile, I'm currently recompiling it, it takes a while.

Note:

In build -> Configuration Manager, under active salution manager I selected Release (with static libs), do I need to select something els?

Thanks!
Gergon

Gergon

• Traveller
    • View Profile
I've build it 3 times, and got this everytime
Code: [Select]
appupdater - 3 error(s), 4 warning(s)
========== Build: 16 succeeded, 2 failed, 7 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

And these  were the errors and warnings I got,
Code: [Select]
Compiling...
cl : Command line warning D9035 : option 'Wp64' has been deprecated and will be removed in a future release
updaterconfig.cpp
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\include\ws2tcpip.h(502) : error C2632: 'int' followed by 'int' is illegal
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\include\ws2tcpip.h(502) : warning C4091: 'typedef ' : ignored on left of 'int' when no variable is declared
updater.cpp
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\include\ws2tcpip.h(502) : error C2632: 'int' followed by 'int' is illegal
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\include\ws2tcpip.h(502) : warning C4091: 'typedef ' : ignored on left of 'int' when no variable is declared
registryfile.cpp
registrycreator.cpp
registry.cpp
psupdaterengine.cpp
pawsupdaterwindow.cpp
pawsupdateroptions.cpp
pawsserverlist.cpp
md5.cpp
fileutil.cpp
download.cpp
changelist.cpp
change.cpp

ThomPhoenix

• Testers
  • Forum Addict
  • A Phoenix, what'd you expect?
    • View Profile
Self-compiled Planeshift does not have any fancy icons for the executables, they just have the standard windows app icons.

Besides the "Output" tab there is also a tab for Errors and Warnings in MSVC, could you show what errors you are getting?
There are some known compiling issues with Trunk Planeshift at the moment, I think you can fix one of them by grabbing revision 395 of pscelclient.cpp, but there are still many others. You shouldn't encounter errors when using Stable.

Also, you shouldn't see these errors: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\include\ws2tcpip.h(502) I'm wildly guessing here, but it might be an issue with your MSVC installation or the install of the SDK.

And, although Release (with static libs) should work, can you try using Debug (with static libs)?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2007, 03:14:44 pm by ThomPhoenix »
We're not evil. We're simply amazing.

Lanarel

• Testers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Also, if you are using msvc, be sure to check out this bug report, as without the (not 100% sure correct) fixes in there, you won't be able to compile and link everything.

Gergon

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Well, I just made a big switch from Windows to Linux.
When I get the needed tools, I'll try to compile it with the Linux guide.
Thanks for helping though.