Author Topic: -Starting you're own buseniss-  (Read 381 times)

Kenny

• Traveller
    • View Profile
-Starting you're own buseniss-
« on: March 22, 2003, 09:11:04 am »
I don\'t know if people postet this before, but this is my idea:

I came up with the idea when i saw the Job \"Builder\" (like i\'m gonna be :))

Before i forget a question, can you have multiple jobs?
Couse i\'d like to be Animal Trainer also, this should be availible.

hehe, now i got more idea\'s just let\'s go on with this one.

With jobs you should be at you work place on a time (that\'s shown on you\'re screen, mabey a \"work time\" button) you should have 2 clocks in the game or more 1 for real time, 1 for you\'re job when you needa work and mabey another one for you\'re other job, and it can\'t be like (military time) 12:00 to 15:00 the Builder job and 14:30 to 19:00, like you proberly think, thats long yes it is, but you should earn allot of money.
Or the jobs should be so that you first need to be done with a task and then go away.

And how will you get payed? cash after job is done from the work giving person, hour, per day, week, month? (discuss here :P).

And now to my real idea:

You should be able to start you\'re own bussenis, like woodchoppers company, you first have to get a building, then you place stuff in it (with a map you can select stuff, you select build map or something and click on a table and click on the map were it should be and sometime later NPC\'s come in you\'re house and place it.

When you\'re done with you\'re building you go to a building were you can ask to sponsor you\'re company, they will almost always say yes, and if they say yes you get a paper and you get a pencil or something to draw you\'re picture of you\'re company, and you will see some billboards hanging somewere (you pay for them for each board (like 500 tria 1 real life week for 1 board).

And people clan click the billboard then and they get a map automaticly and it shows the way to you\'re company.

You need real people to run you\'re company.
So you needa have about 20 real people to have a Woodchoppers company, like 5 people chop wood from forrests and 5 people use animals/cars (wood with horce) to get the logs, 5 other people make it to plates and 3 people place them in the building and 2 people stay at the bar to sell them, if those 2 people arent there they cant sell anything, the leader of the company gives the tasks to players that work for you, they can\'t do anything else (they need a key to go trou doors, they got the ones they were given).

And the leader pays the people that work there, the leader does everything, the employees just do there job, the leader gives the cash to the players, he says how much, so watch out what job you pick and what leader runs it!

And with other jobs the leader has it easyer or harder.
Like if you start an hospital it\'s easy.
But with a builders company it\'s hard (then you just need a \"club house\" to talk and give jobs) and none NPC\'s ask it to you.

I hope you\'ll have understood this, but i axcectly said what i was thinking.
But this idea is very realistic and this would get the game high on the \"Best MMORPG ever\" list :P.
Becouse noone ever has done this before. (not strange, it\'s so hard to make this)

Ravenmaster

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2003, 12:49:31 pm »
It sounds like an interesting idea, but very complicated.  Players could easily do most of that without the devs doing any extra programming.  I think customizing a shop and making billboards is a little extreme.  Perhaps there could be some built-in shops that people could rent or buy.  Or there could just be a marketplace where there are some little open-faced shacks for people to sell stuff and it\'s first come, first serve.
You are here,
You will always be here,
You will never be there.
Although you may strive to get there,
upon reaching there you will realize you are really here.
And there is everywhere else.
-Spoonjoppa

Kenny

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2003, 02:46:49 pm »
Yea :).
I know it\'s hard.

The easy thing thats also cool is that PS place like 10 buildings in the world that you can rent and stand there and place youre stuff in the safes there and sell or do stuff.

Or like someone orders an house (he came to the \"house\" you rent) and you make it in sometime and he pays you for it.

Renting a building is just like making you\'re company more known to players.

And there should really be market places, were you can rent a tent or buy one to put you\'re stuff in there, and stand outside and sell stuff.
And place many stalls there, you can also rent (only) and you place you\'re stuff on it (nobody can steal it) and someone comes to you and you click \"Trade with .....\" and the buyer sees all the stuff you placed on the market he selects it and says what he will pay for it and you can accept it or decline.

What i also was thinking of is that you can make standard prices for you\'re stuff you sell, so you don\'t have to accept or decline everything, what also is possible is that he can give you \"extra money\" or an item.

Standard prices can\'t include objects, you can only ask objects for something you sell if you trade with the Accept or Decline button.

This should be a very big menu (that uses 2/4 of you\'re screen).

Kenny

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2003, 12:09:22 pm »
Well....

krythonthegreat

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2003, 06:28:27 pm »
I like the idea there should be a market and it should be divided into sections like Potions and brews wepons and armour fishing and farming ect... and also i think since a lot of people would run their own busness what if (i am a armour smithy) when you build your house you can make the bottom floor a buisness where i store and sell armour ban mabey i could have my own anville so i can repair stuff also i think that there needs to be protection for whe people want armour repaired so evil smithys dont steal armour, because that could hurt business for good ones.