Author Topic: Now Recruiting  (Read 5161 times)

kougaro

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Re: Now Recruiting
« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2008, 01:48:40 pm »
On the recruitment page, it is written that you need a portfolio to apply to the art team, could we have more informations about that? Do we need to send one or two images / models? a dozen? more?
I have been willing to apply for a bit of time, but what's written on that page scare me a bit  :)

Edit : Thanks fpr the quick answer Caarrie
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 03:00:00 pm by kougaro »

Caarrie

• Forum Addict
  • We want no UNFIXED bugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • PlaneShift3dMods
« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2008, 01:55:43 pm »
On the recruitment page, it is written that you need a portfolio to apply to the art team, could we have more informations about that? Do we need to send one or two images / models? a dozen? more?
I have been willing to apply for a bit of time, but what's written on that page scare me a bit  :)

Thank you in advance.

send your best art to be considered, the more the better if best quality the better the chance, the fewer pieces you send the less of a chance you could have to make the team. But if you send in 2 pieces that are really great that could be enough so it is up to you, but imo if i was applying i would not send any less then 5 to be reviewed.

bilbous

« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2008, 07:54:11 pm »
It would seem to me as an onlooker that if you can show a variety of styles it would also be helpful.

Ver

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 21, 2008, 10:49:50 am »
I sent my application to the 2d art department several days ago and still no one has reviewed it. ???

steuben

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #64 on: January 21, 2008, 10:56:28 am »
arts is currently under a big push right now, so it may take a bit longer for review then usual.
may laanx frighten the shadow from my path.
hardly because the shadow built the lexx.
the shadow will frighten laanx from my path.

Ver

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 21, 2008, 11:33:46 am »
Is Karyuu AWOL from the whole PS project now?

neko kyouran

« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2008, 11:45:24 am »
no, I know exactly where she is.  :D

Phinehas

« Reply #67 on: January 21, 2008, 04:10:23 pm »
Is Karyuu AWOL from the whole PS project now?
As far as I know, she's not actually contributing to PS anymore... could be wrong... And she doesn't really come here anymore... But she's still alive and well.

The Only Joey

• Wayfarer
  • I am the one, that is not the other!
    • View Profile
    • Morton Black
« Reply #68 on: January 24, 2008, 12:29:26 pm »
Is the position for Music also taken?
And if it is open, am i the only musician/composer or do i work together others.

I also will make the music for the Plainshift Trailer (already hired for that ;))

Caarrie

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
    • PlaneShift3dMods
« Reply #69 on: January 24, 2008, 12:56:47 pm »
Is the position for Music also taken?
And if it is open, am i the only musician/composer or do i work together others.

I also will make the music for the Plainshift Trailer (already hired for that ;))

As far as i know there is no active members of the music dept, so i am not sure how things will be handled if people do apply to join.

The Only Joey

• Wayfarer
  • I am the one, that is not the other!
    • View Profile
    • Morton Black
« Reply #70 on: January 24, 2008, 01:09:22 pm »
The thing is, i am very interested in making music for Plainshift but i need to work on the parts alone.
And if more people are on the job i want to be supervisor.

I work for 5 years now in the music scene (As a Composer, Musician and Producer-to-be) and have a lot of experiences with writing music (now busy with writing for a dutch orchestra)
I am also Owner of a Studio Project called Morton Black that focuses on all kinds of Metal.
And i am Main Developer and Music man for the new Indie game studio Thorworks.

So can i get more info about the job, and if i would join have the capability of using the original tracks.

Caarrie

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
    • PlaneShift3dMods
« Reply #71 on: January 24, 2008, 01:18:55 pm »
With the little insight i have into the development process in planeshift, it takes from months to years depending on work load before you get be an official dev. Once you make the team you are a team member and work along with others and do not lead any team unless the team leader steps down then it is up to Talad to pick a new leader for that team or a temporary leader as the case maybe.

ThomPhoenix

• Testers
  • Forum Addict
  • A Phoenix, what'd you expect?
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 24, 2008, 01:23:02 pm »
As there's nobody doing music, the project leader Talad would likely give you assignments. If you do that well you will become a WTB-developer and a full developer after that.
We're not evil. We're simply amazing.

Jeraphon

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 24, 2008, 01:26:17 pm »
before you get be an official dev.

Official dev, yes. However, there's a step below that called WTB, which doesn't take as long. If you can show a commitment, and seeing as you'd be pretty much the only music guy around, arrangements can be made to "speed you along." With your credentials, there shouldn't be a problem. By all means, apply! I'll support you in any way I can. :)

bilbous

« Reply #74 on: January 24, 2008, 01:29:59 pm »
Just make sure to read the legal agreements before you sign them. Always good advice ....  Right?