Author Topic: The Invisible Foe  (Read 10822 times)

Morla Phlint

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Rrivaln hrraln mo hetakh! (Enkien)
    • View Profile
Re: The Invisible Foe
« Reply #75 on: April 29, 2008, 01:18:15 pm »
Well, just a link for those that would like to read it off the forums or print it out:

http://rapidshare.com/files/111326534/The_Invisible_Foe.pdf.html (pdf-file)

Mathy, let me now if you don't want it to be uploaded there and I'll remove it.

I have printed the story out and I'm reading it now. Will take some time but I want to enjoy it and don't rush ;).
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 01:23:21 pm by Morla Phlint »

since 0.3.019 Crystal Blue || Sometimes a ragequit is the right decision.

Mathy Stockington

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 29, 2008, 04:24:00 pm »
Morla Phlint,

I hope I can entertain you with my story and I am honored that you made a pdf file of it. Please let me know what you think.

Humbly Yours,

Mathy Stockington.
Life is lived forwards, but understood backwards

Wavan Levironk

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 11, 2008, 09:41:14 am »
Well, just logged in here to comment your story. First I have to say that it was amazing. It hit me deep inside. I just can say I loved it.

It was a challenge reading it since english is not my native language and some expressions where just higher than my level.

However, I'm glad of myself for getting the message between the lines of such a great story.

Life is love, love to others and love to that special person who makes your stomach hurt ( :) ). Even when your life looks crappy, it's enough with having one person who loves you there. If you loose the hope of being loved, even if your life is great, you die. Touching meaning in a touching story. As I said, amazing story, as good as life can be.

My most sincerely congratulations for you and your high writing skills.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 09:47:41 am by Wavan Levironk »
"The same moment that you are seen as the best, the fastest and somebody that cannot be touched, you are enormously fragile." - Ayrton Senna

Rachela

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 05, 2008, 08:43:11 am »
Wow.   \\o//
I started to read this yesterday whilst at work and I couldn't finish it so I bookmarked this page so I could finish reading it today!!
Mathy I loved this.  And yes I cried at the end as well.  At work!! hahaha.   I would have preferred a happy ending though.  I'm a sucker for those!!!

The feelings you get when you read about these two characters is amazing.  You really feel connected to them both.  Well done!!  and please please write some more stories.  I for one, would love to read them :D

Mathy Stockington

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 05, 2008, 10:15:08 am »
I want to Thank You for your kind words Wavan and Rachela. I am very glad you enjoyed the story. Thanks to all of you have read my story and enjoyed it. It is an honor to have so many say how much you really liked my first attempt at writing. I must say I enjoyed writng it for all of you (now that it is done).

Humbly Yours,

Mathy.

Jekkar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 08, 2008, 10:02:09 am »
I don't like it.
"A new day will come when those who rudely interrupt are swept away!" -Lereal

Wavan Levironk

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 08, 2008, 05:07:08 pm »
I don't like it.

Congrats if you wanted a record now you're the one and only who didn't like it. Sorry I ate the pie I had as a prize  \\o// \\o//

Edit: If you find my post unpolite, I found yours too. If you didn't like the story you should say why to help the excellent writer Mathy is. Your post is completely worthless as a review.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 05:10:21 pm by Wavan Levironk »
"The same moment that you are seen as the best, the fastest and somebody that cannot be touched, you are enormously fragile." - Ayrton Senna

A_Traveller

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 09, 2008, 01:53:38 am »
Hi all mathy, Sorry it took me so long to reply, was busy moving, ANYWAYS, to summarize what I thought of this... FANBLOODYTASTIC!!! a big thumbs up, I hope to read a good deal more of your work in the n ear and not so near future! as does my beloved, whos name I will not mention, but she enjoyed reading it, (and she is not a heavy reader XD)

Raa

• Veteran
  • Halp meh...!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 18, 2008, 12:52:43 pm »
I liked it. Didn't expect the ending to be so tragic.  :thumbup: Needed more blood 'n gore, though... :p

Timmothy Perriwinkle

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • I see u lookin' at mah Periwinklez.
    • View Profile
    • The Depot that's also a Warehouse
« Reply #84 on: July 24, 2008, 02:02:15 pm »
Gotta say, I'm surprised. This story actually held my interest for the thirty-some pages I read, and I'm not a big reader (I haven't read anything of substance for at least a good six months now). Kudos to you for writing such a great story.

One thing I noticed while reading the story though is you only used quotations for dialogue once near the start of the story. Did you specifically try not to include it because that's the style you were aiming for, or did it just happen? Personally, I think I story can be a lot greater when it has dialogue used properly. Though, if it's used improperly it can take away from the story.

Either way, great story! Keep it up.

[12:05am] XilliX: I <3 you that much

Mathy Stockington

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 24, 2008, 03:20:52 pm »
Timmothy I am please you enjoyed reading my story. This was not an easy thing to do. I can say that. Many a late night I found myself typing in front of my computer. Writing it in first person was a big decision. In my mind it was a story being told that made it not only harder to write, but concerned me because if I ever posted it I was unsure if it would be hard to read. Grroww, being the first person to read it, told me that he liked it and that helped me a great deal to continue. I was very honored by Zorbels comments because she is one writer that I greatly admire. Actually it was Zorbel’s and Arka’s stories that inspired me to write mine. Anyone who enjoyed reading this story owes a ‘Thank You’ to Donari because without him I promise none of you would have ever read it.

This could have been a short story leaving out many details that some have told me were boring, but I felt that to build on it, it was needed. Of course making it fit into the settings of the game was difficult also. I anguished over how to end it very a long time. I sent two endings to Grroww to see which one he liked best. Of course he left that up to me. I did not want this to be a violent story so the ending was very difficult. I do hope that my efforts paid off. Of course the very hardest part was killing Leama. I had played her for so long it was like a part of me died with her. Writing a story like this was all consuming for me. All I can do is hope that people will over look the many errors in my writing and enjoy it anyway. Maybe my next effort will be better. Thank you Timmothy for your kind words and taking the time to read it.

Gwinn Ravenn

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Gwinn (ravenn) Frawd
    • View Profile
    • Sapere Magi current events web page
« Reply #86 on: August 05, 2008, 02:04:48 pm »
A wonderful Story Mathy. Thank you for gifting us with this delightful tome.
* Gwinn Ravenn bows

Edig

« Reply #87 on: August 29, 2008, 04:20:13 pm »
I'm a little confused here... 
I've received PM's that suggest that Mathy has been bashed considerably and publicly in this form for her story?

I don't see it.  I also don't see the need for it. 

This is one excellent story.   :thumbup: