Author Topic: Nominate your favorite Role Player  (Read 3339 times)

Mathy Stockington

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Nominate your favorite Role Player
« on: October 09, 2008, 12:13:17 pm »
Rules:

Write only up to five choices.
It does not matter if the player still plays.
You may state in a short paragraph why this player was so important to you.

My choices are:

1) Indygo
2) Einnol
These two players taught me how to role play and I have never found anyone like them again.

3) Agara
No one made me use my imagination quiet like her. This made role play a challenge that was well worth it.

4) Noriin
5) Velh
It is a disappointment when you are not in game when I go in because it is so much fun to role play with you guys.

Let’s see who you nominate. If enough people join in maybe we can ask a forum moderator to make this a pole to see who wins the top spot.

Please stay on topic.

Life is lived forwards, but understood backwards

neko kyouran

Re: Nominate your favorite Role Player
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 12:32:49 pm »
zorbels
kary
cado
drey
kada

(in no particular order)

:)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 03:14:42 pm by neko kyouran »

Mordraugion

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Ex Dev and GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 12:42:15 pm »
Vexonee
Rilar
Zorbs
Lolitra
Cado
No longer a member of the PlanShift Development Team
Hokinon or Hoki on IRC

PS is not a democracy, nor will it ever be -- Karyuu 2006
http://www.hydlaaplaza.com/smf/index.php?topic=21049.msg230947#msg230947

Rayken

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • postcount--;
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008, 01:37:46 pm »
Netrhys
Rilar
Aislyn
Nilaya
Karyuu
(in no particular order)
"Here's to lowering caskets of old friends choice and consequence we'll birth a new day with the death of an old and start over, start over.  Here's to burying hatchets in those who you'd never call your friend...we'll birth a new day with the death of an old day and start over, start over!"

Arerano

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2008, 02:24:37 pm »
Grai
Ileresa
Lolitra
Yadili
(in alphabetical order)

There are more, indeed, but those four I have had the most fun RPing with recently.
I guess that's not exactly the kind of "list" you expected, since they're all still playing. Of course, there are plenty I miss, however things move on and currently those who I have great RP and fun with currently, are those you find on the list.

Nykolai Raskaniov

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2008, 02:31:19 pm »
Proglin, Easton, Einnol
"Skiing combines outdoor fun with knocking down trees with your face."

Ryiel Fohpaws

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2008, 03:32:52 pm »
Lolitra
Lolitra
Lolitra
Lolitra
Lolitra

Everybody else sucks  :innocent:

Gharan

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2008, 03:41:19 pm »
Proglin
Indigo
Agara
Easton
Gwinn Ravenn
Sov Hed
Farren Kutter
Nurahk

(8 but you didn't notice.)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 08:03:57 pm by Gharan »

RoberetGoldsmith

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2008, 04:14:00 pm »

Nurahk
 Indygo
 Duraza
 and errrm
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Hwnae

Thats my list for those who ive had the most RP fun anyways :D

Kerol

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Assets > Asshats
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2008, 07:52:30 pm »
After relisting a couple times I don't think I can press it into a list of 5, so here's a list of 14 - the people who influenced my char's story most, there are those who influenced my style early and later on.

Hokinon
Jjairr
Ralas
Rioth
Nethrys
Sefron
Zorbels
Nilaya
Lolitra+Husband
Karyuu
Crystal
Dylia
Leonor

And thinking about who I'm missing I recall another dozen names who could/should be listed, but that'd bloat the list too much.

retired GM leader

Mathy Stockington

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2008, 08:02:35 pm »
Kerol you are Head Game Master, so I not going to say YOU did not follow the rules :)
(OK on second thought post as many as you all wish)
If you wish you may post more then once.
Thank you for posting.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 10:02:56 am by Mathy Stockington »
Life is lived forwards, but understood backwards

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2008, 02:32:43 am »
So many names I read, so many times I can only agree... Still I'll try to mention a few myself.

- Maanahr, one of my first city guides and still present, the "Explorer template"
- Zorbels + Dylia, they dragged me into roleplaying
- Lolitra + Hoody, one of the greatest source of creativity
- Shauri, Zinn, Illysia, Solita, Lesiros - my "family"
- Yadili + Ileresa, such a unique couple (although I once compared them to Hassadria + Miaua)
- Grai, Arerano
- Anumesa, Akashani, Aiwendil (the "A Team")
- Eliseth/Sarine and the Waddling Yulbars
- Rilar, Ralas, Einnol, Arka, Agara, Lordbug (disappeared and missing)
- Farren, Saelan, Proglin, Bodacher, Zwenze, Meredee, Quq, Haraun, Shurrim, Rinenud
- Xillix, Donari
- Cha0s, Cha0s and Cha0s

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Farren Kutter

• Veteran
  • Death is only the beginning. Then true life begins
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2008, 07:12:13 am »
Well if we're all breaking the number rule....

Underthemoon - The BEST roleplayer in Planeshift. No one can devise a twisty turny and keep-you-guessing plot like Underthemoon, and no one can pull it off. He does amazing things with roleplays, he makes them enjoyable and can usually get lots of people involved. He is one of my... Mentors, for lack of a better word.

Zhai - My most prized member ever in the Rangers of Yliakum, I remember getting Zhai (ICly) from Xillix, who'd referred her to Farren and the Rangers. Zhai was fresh and new and had great potential for RPing, and it grew, eventually leading into the Dwarvesbane-Dwarven Star war, where Zhai's RP became superb and finely honed. I really wish I could say I had more to do with her development, but I do not think I had much to do with it beyond the initial RPing.

Duraza - Duraza is likely just under UtM for his plots. I've seen people accuse him of 'godmoding', but then, I've seen the same people call other players 'godmoders' for doing the same things (or in some cases, worse). However, Duraza is very good at creating interesting plotlines that, while people may find them the same over and over, that is PART of the plot. You'll see his genius someday, non-believers. All in all, I find Duraza's characters to be interesting and find him fun to RP with in general.

Lolitra - Lolitra is a very nice person, never aims to hurt anyone OOCly or anything, and in general tries to bring fun to everyone with her RPs. She accomplishes for the most part by creating smooth, mostly stress-free, and creative RPs, and she manages to bring in many groups, even the small ones like my own Rangers of Yliakum.

Saelan - I haven't known Saelan as long as I've known the previous people on the list, but in a short time he has become one of my greatest RP allies in Planeshift. His RP style seems similar to my own, quite compatible to say the least, and his character(s) are interesting and fun. He seems to be budding in the RP plot creation area, and while he has not yet attained a status of fame like UtM, or even like Duraza, he certainly has the potential. He is new(er) after all, compared to the other great RP plotters. Recently, his character and my character have become sort of like best friends, and thus, RPing with him is a blast, fun and exciting.

Suno Regin - If you do not recognize him by this name, you may recognize Mitaki, but this was one of my earliest RP friends, back before Farren was who he is today, back when Farren used two longswords, not two shortswords. Ever since, he has always been my friend, even when he didn't play PS, and when he came back, he might not have been the BEST RPer, but he put out the effort, and improved all the time, and became much better. He is one of my favorites because he is fun to RP with.

Proglin - I tend to forget him in these kinds of things, but I believe he was not only a great RPer, but he brought fun to everyone with his RPs. They weren't plots and such, but were a different sort of RP.

Kaerli - While Kaerli may seem to have trouble RPing realistically sometimes, he has a few problems that I understand and aren't necessarily his fault. People seem to think badly of him, and it isn't truly fair. I cannot explain why he might have certain trouble with things, it is not my place to do so, and he may personally disagree with my opinions on it. Either way, despite whether or not he is a 'good' RPer, he is still one of my favorites because I can always depend on him to make my own RP experience more fun and most importantly... Less lonely.

Valiki, Eretelien, Nalelack, etc. (Waddling Yulbars, basically)
- This little gang, even when they're not getting themselves hunted by evil people, are fun to RP with simply because of the nature of their characters and guild. I can't say much else about them, and don't think I really need to.

Note: If you're my friend and I didn't add you... It simply means your name didn't pop up in my mind while I was typing this. Nothing more. It doesn't mean you suck at RP... It might, but not necessarily. Don't fret over it, i will likely add more to my list if I think of any big ones I missed. Oh, and thank you for you two who added me :) I mostly didn't add you to mine cause I haven't thought of a good reason to type up yet, but I do enjoy RPing with you the few times we meet Gag, and Gharan, I'm not sure if I've RPed with you in a long time o.O

EDIT: Oh crap, forgot one that I meant to add....

Xillix - Xillix, back when he RPed, played a slightly fanatical Laanx high priestess person thing that wore a jester hat and was funky looking. But Xillix promoted RP and RPed very well, also helping newbs [not to be confused with n00bs] learn to play the game in a roleplayed fashion. I donated all of my money to the Vespers of Laanx (that's why my character is broke these days) and was at one time a member of the guild. In the end, Xillix's RP affected me I think, ad perhaps influenced the way I RP.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 03:20:57 pm by Farren Kutter »

Eathon

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2008, 10:22:45 am »
In absolutely no order at all:

- Noriin:
  Amazing RP of a constant standard, and incredible characters. Nothing much more to say than that...
Except that however much Eathon came off worst in those RPs, I still enjoyed them.  :D
- Parallo:
  ...Great books, really interesting RP - and, of course, some great OOC chat- and amazing characterisation. Without those RPs, Eathon wouldn't have stayed long at all.

- Rinenud
  Again, incredible characterisation, and what RP we've had has been brilliant. Rinenud, Tzaen and Eathon together are just... As soon as I think of a word, it'll be here.

- Lolitra
  I am getting repetitive here, aren't I? Again, what RP we've had has been brilliant- and the RHoP has acted as catalyst for a good number of my other RPs.

- The Waddling Yulbars
  Every single RP I've had with the Yulbars has been incredible.. Although I can't understand half of what some of them say.

I'm afraid i haven't said nearly enough about anyone, so any one of the above can fill in the sentence below:
____'s character ___ is an ____ example of roleplaying, and I have really enjoyed the ___ RP and hope to see ___ again soon.  ;D

Earl_Listbard

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2008, 08:15:50 pm »
Aradia