Author Topic: [Event Q&A Thread] The Octarchal Society for Progress  (Read 6219 times)

Donari Tyndale

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: [Event Q&A Thread] The Octarchal Society for Progress
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2009, 08:21:57 pm »
The outlaw characters got Alwydia :P. Besides, when will the Octarchy collect the letters?

Prolix

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2009, 08:49:54 pm »
Has there been no actual support for this initiative other than chatter or are people submitting their briefs other than in the thread set aside for them?
A-ha, they must be doing so in the game....

Dajoji

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2009, 11:32:37 pm »
Players have until the 24th to submit their ideas in-game. I reckon it can take a few days to come up with something worth a guildhouse and a good share of money. I am confident there will be many guilds interested in this.

And regarding the evil counterpart, yes, we are planning one. I'd personally like to see how this one goes first.

If you already got your proposals ready, look for me on IRC #planeshift-gmtalk. I have been offline a couple of days because I had the great idea to install Vista and, obviously, that didn't work. Hopefully I'll be back from the MS realm (with the vista penalty) by tomorrow night.

Arerano

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2009, 09:51:08 am »
I did not reply untill now, for I am speechless.

I am really curious and looking forward to this event(s) and I hope that those ideas which benefit RP most will make it.

(And my fellows and I will take part too, of course)

Orgonwukh

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2009, 05:19:41 pm »
1.  :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Awesome!

I have asked Dajoji to write a counter-event for outlaws to cover the wilds, so expect that also soon and know that we consider bad guys as well.
Counter-event for outlaws? Why that? This suits well and we Outlaws intend to apply. Is there a reason we should not? :P

Dajoji

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2009, 10:15:53 pm »
1.  :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Awesome!

I have asked Dajoji to write a counter-event for outlaws to cover the wilds, so expect that also soon and know that we consider bad guys as well.
Counter-event for outlaws? Why that? This suits well and we Outlaws intend to apply. Is there a reason we should not? :P

Not at all. If you can get a solid cover for your guild you should absolutely apply but some other evil guys like to be less subtle. We just want to give them options.

Xillix Queen of Fools

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2009, 09:19:05 am »
No reason at all you can't do both, and I don't mean "Outlaws" the guild.

I mean evil people or people whose events can't be approved by the Octarchy.

Farren Kutter

• Veteran
  • Death is only the beginning. Then true life begins
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2009, 09:39:33 am »
Something for the evil and maybe not so evil, but non-antidisestablishmentarianists would be nice... I intended to do something for this one, but besides the fact that my guild hasn't the members to support my ideas yet, my character, Farren, is also not so fond of being under government control in any way. It is not to say he dislikes the government, but he doesn't wish to always work within it. So a wilds one would be nice, though if just for evil guilds it wouldn't help me much :P

Prolix

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2009, 11:17:35 am »
Hmm you've got me wondering how evil the evil one will need to be. Could a generally neutral kinda guild take advantage of it? Guess I'll have to wait and see. Sounds like that one will be outside the towns.

Orgonwukh

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2009, 01:17:51 pm »
No reason at all you can't do both, and I don't mean "Outlaws" the guild.

I mean evil people or people whose events can't be approved by the Octarchy.
The Outlaws are outlaws. And I think outlaws (and The Outlaws) do not necessarily have to be evil. But I agree, that their true motivations and goals would not be approved at all.

Xillix Queen of Fools

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2009, 01:29:19 pm »
it was just an easy term to use to make distinction between outlaws and Outlaws, my original post is pretty clear unless you are and Outlaw wondering why your name is being used.

Non-Octarchal will be sufficient.

Farren Kutter

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2009, 05:37:00 pm »
Ah, okay, so Rangers would be able to do it :)

Waylander

• Veteran
  • Constantly correct since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2009, 03:12:34 am »
I'd like to just point out that in the interest of equality good guilds should not avoid applying to this because they "Don't want to be under Octarchal control".  There are many guilds that can't apply because their ideas are along the lines of "Slave Trade!" or because their members are accomplice to illegal happenings.  Just a minor point.

In keeping with the spirit of uniting guilds I was wondering if a proposal brought forth by two guilds would be accepted as one application?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 03:15:25 am by Waylander »
<Jeraphon>oh khado
<Jeraphon>you so khrazy

Xil|sleeps: I love cadoras

Waylander, A.K.A: Cadoras, Khado, Nurahk, Armeen, Nostra ... God.

Farren Kutter

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2009, 06:12:47 am »
Rangers aren't a 'good' guild, they're technically 'true neutral'. The members within it are an entirely different story, but the guild itself is neutral, and the leader as well. And he dislikes the thought of the Octarchy even snooping in on his dealings.

EDIT: Incase you were slightly referring to my own post two (of my) posts back, Waylander.

Dajoji

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2009, 09:23:30 am »
(...)In keeping with the spirit of uniting guilds I was wondering if a proposal brought forth by two guilds would be accepted as one application?

Yes. Organizations and guild alliances are allowed and the same requirements and obligations apply to all candidates.