Author Topic: Role Play Ideas  (Read 3576 times)

Mathy Stockington

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Role Play Ideas
« on: March 18, 2009, 07:20:08 am »
We could use this thread to write down ideas for role-plays that could be used in game. This could also be used to help develop a personality for your character as well. 

Some examples that have been done:

Tournaments
Wars
Auctions
Weddings

Another idea was to put on plays in game where some players could entertain others. This could be something that could happen on a regular basis so many could take part. What I am hoping to do here is talk about role plays that will last a long time – an on going story that many can participate in.  This is a great way to bring the role play community together and have fun.

This is hopefully will be a good way to help the new role player in game. Any thoughts?

« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 09:01:52 am by Mathy Stockington »
Life is lived forwards, but understood backwards

enderandrew

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • Caamasi Disciples
Re: Role Play Ideas
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 07:43:52 pm »
I think players will create most of those events on their own when they want to tell those types of stories.  However, what I would like to see is a few more animations that make it easier to act out these scenarios.
http://caamasi-disciples.com - A SW:TOR Republic guild focused on casual players who want to play "the Good Guy."

Mathy Stockington

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 07:54:59 pm »
I just thought we could discuss some new role play ideas that could be used in game.

Prolix

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2009, 08:07:41 pm »
Anyone had a funeral lately? What about Mardi Gras at the stone head?
Lolitra was looking for some domestics at one time did she ever get any?
What about dwarf bowling? How many Xacha can you knock down with a rolled dwarf?

enderandrew

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • Caamasi Disciples
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2009, 11:25:11 pm »
I apologize if I came off negative or flippant.  Encouraging in-game events is a good thing. I was just saying that I'm not sure we need much from the devs to make those things happen.  If players are interested in events like that, for the most part they can make them happen.

Weddings can be performed in the temple for instance.  Players could simply gather together and perform them in game.  I took part with a guild of marching in formation for wedding processions in Ultima Online many years back (around launch!).

If you want everything to be pure text, then just roleplay in IRC, a mud, or a forum.  However, Planeshift is a 3d client, and to that end, I would like to see some more animations to help with that aspect of visually representing roleplaying major events.  That being said, animations are very difficult, and not many people do them.
http://caamasi-disciples.com - A SW:TOR Republic guild focused on casual players who want to play "the Good Guy."

Mathy Stockington

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2009, 10:47:37 am »
I did not think you were being negative or flippant enderandrew therefore there is no need to apologize. I made this thread to see if anyone wished to post role play ideas. I agree it would be great to see more character animations. Prolix had some ideas though I hoped to get more. 

Akkaido Kivikar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2009, 03:39:01 pm »
Civil War in the Hydlaa region of the Dome (our current game world).

The Octarchy due to unforeseen circumstances flees socio-political unrest in the area, and all the factions start recruiting and fighting for control.

Some factions/guilds, such as the Warriors, will fight for peace, and would favour the return of the Octarchy to the area.

Others would seek to stop such a thing, and gain their own little patch of land.

If rp'd well, different factions would run different towns, alliances would be made and broken, and it'd be the most fun experience in a long time.

It all ends when the GMs get bored and bring back the Octarchial NPC's and rules in a sweeping reinvasion to regain control two or three weeks later.

Also, to prevent newb/merchant unhappiness, maybe the wars could take a rest for a few hours each day. Just an extra idea.

verden

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2009, 03:47:34 pm »
Same stuff over and over again. All done already. No new RP is possible. Don't agree? Go in game and prove me wrong.

Mathy Stockington

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2009, 03:53:23 pm »
I think new role plays are possible verden. We have to put our heads together to think of them.

Akkaido Kivikar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2009, 04:04:59 pm »
Why the negativity... WHY?!

If you seriously think there are no new rps possible, no new ideas...

If you think it's that bland...

Why associate yourself with PS?

Donari Tyndale

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2009, 04:15:38 pm »
* Donari Tyndale proves Verden wrong "A mine." 'nuff said.

Mathy Stockington

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2009, 04:18:02 pm »
That is not a negative comment. The thing is that wars have happened before in PS. We are talking about something orginal - a totally new role play. Your war is fun and I hope you and your fellow players are enjoying it. Again this is not a negative thread. All I hoped to do was come up with a new and orginal idea.

Akkaido Kivikar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2009, 06:58:47 pm »
I haven't started my war.

And the fact is every war PS has had has been a guild war. Not an all out civil war.

Mathy Stockington

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2009, 07:57:47 pm »
Then your role play has a new twist and that is great!!

Has anyone ever tried an election to be maybe be a mayor of a town? He could try to get people to vote for him. He could say he would make changes and doesn't. The people find him to be corrupt and try to get him out of office. Then a new person has to replace him.

What do you think?

Akkaido Kivikar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2009, 10:02:49 pm »
I like it very much.

Another idea, an entirely RP 'court' system.

We talk in /group ooc, but act out parts in the court (that way we aren't handing out punishments to anyone that doesn't want to partake...)

It would help solve the violence in Hydlaa problem if RP'd well (most violence in Hydlaa is by RPers... make'em accountable for their RPs I say)