Author Topic: Dangers of judging who is a PLer  (Read 1642 times)

Prolix

Re: Dangers of judging who is a PLer
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2009, 01:16:43 am »
One thing  that I find common is that things can be said that can be taken as both IC and OOC.

For example:  "I went to the trainer for metallurgy and repair weapons wasn't ready for further knowledge at the same time"

As far as I am concerned this example is completely in character because the guy I was training with also had repair training I might have received but it is quite possible for what I said to be taken as OOC.

This actually happened and it pretty much ended the conversation. Of course it might just have been that I was not very interesting at the time....

Sometimes it is hard to tell and all people do not have same level of English comprehension.

Mythryndel

• Testers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2009, 01:57:26 am »
I also have seen, since we are bringing up OOC vs IC... where many people take ALL actions as directly aimed/targeted at them (the player), not their character. This opens up a whole new world of hurt feelings and misunderstandings, mostly, unrelated to RP vs. PL ... :(

Lhaa

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2009, 12:36:39 pm »

EStripus

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2009, 10:12:00 pm »
Ok, the thread has drifted to RP topics.  As an RPer I know the difference between IC and OOC behaviors/conversations and bending/breaking settings of the world. To those that gave constructive responses and definitions of what GMs/devs consider PL versuses acceptable/reasonable leveling: Thank you.
Don't godmod me and we'll get along fine.