Author Topic: pslaunch.exe error  (Read 3657 times)

Khaki

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: pslaunch.exe error
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2010, 12:23:01 pm »
In this case, you need to update your graphics drivers.

Siteri Kidachi

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2010, 01:33:15 pm »
I have the newest drivers I could find. Thus I figure my computer just can't handle the awesomeness of the latest version of the game.

chiha

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2010, 01:21:13 pm »
Hi, I have windows vista ultimate 64 bit OS. When i install i get the pslauncher has stopped working error. Ive  reinstalled like 4 times but no diffrence, the thread starter said he solved it butr he didnt say how, Could some1 help me out here pls? my brotherts computer( windows xp) can install without problems but the 64 bit ver seem to have many errors

Sen

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2010, 01:38:58 pm »
Hi,

what is the exact error you get?

Sen
.....also a saddle that won't pinch the tail. One day!

chiha

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2010, 01:54:03 pm »
when i start PSlauncher the ps screen gets white and a windows error come up saying Pslaucher has stopped working'
i tryed to repair files and all using commandpromt and i did, it uptaded for about 25 min but it still errors at start i have the same error as host, the guy should have said HOW he fixed the problem when he did

Sen

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2010, 02:22:29 pm »
Hmmm, in case no one else knows that problem:
I would start planeshift (psclient.exe) in a command promt (dos box) and see what the output is. Best thing would be if you could paste it here or on pastebin.com or something similar.

Sen
.....also a saddle that won't pinch the tail. One day!

chiha

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2010, 03:42:43 pm »
when i open psclient via command promt it starts with a black screen and then closes again, and you get the vista error sound

kalawind

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2010, 01:23:17 pm »
I find it funny yet frustrating as well that none of the dev have come up with a response to what the problem is. Many of you have tried different ways to count the problem but it still persists. I've done the repair bit and that went fine and downloaded the missing file. Running as Admin for Win7. Downloaded the game about 3 times now and still gives me the same problem with psclient.exe crashing after click the button "play" So Tell me what is going on with your program, you don't send out a program that doesn't preform correct to the public. You make sure to test it, and triple test again on different OS if have the money. But, if your a good programmer your able to get past that with pirated software or other devices. Before I rant some more please inform us on the problem.

RlyDontKnow

• Associate Developer
  • Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2010, 08:33:39 am »
you don't send out a program that doesn't preform correct to the public. You make sure to test it, and triple test again on different OS if have the money.

You do realize this is a free game devleoped by volunteers during their spare time, don't you? of course we try our best to make sure it works as well as possible, however our ressources are limited. we only have a limited amount of testing setups (basically just the boxes already owned by the developers and testers), so it's not that unusual problems occur during the actual release that didn't occur during the testing phase, especially if they're related to certain hardware combinations or even just the drivers. additionally we cannot make sure the user has proper graphics drivers, etc. installed. that's your own responsibility after all.

if you want to get your issue fixed, don't just complain in here getting unfriendly or even trying to motivate law violations ("to get past that with pirated software") - instead get in contact with a tester or even better a developer and try to find the cause of your issue in order to get it resolved.

we're all on irc regularily, so just poke us there and chances the issue is spotted will be a lot higher than just an "it ain't no werk" in the forum...

kind regards,
RlyDontKnow

chiha

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2010, 03:10:38 pm »
I still havnt solved the problem so it doesnt work but im not angry with the crew. Sure its a little bit frustating to not be able to get this program work even when i ask for help but its not a pay game and its developed as he said the guys free time so dotn have standards like its gonna be WoW. Beside sis there really nothing else too do or should i just give up?I mean there gotta people with windows vista that plays this game

Elvicat

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • My site
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2010, 04:53:06 pm »
seems theres more than 1 now that has a similair problem of not getting ps to start on a vista based system, i know 1 atleast and untill i read this i thought it only was one, ps just refuses to run just errors out, mind you this is not me.

RlyDontKnow

• Associate Developer
  • Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2010, 08:56:28 am »
did you have a look at http://www.hydlaaplaza.com/smf/index.php?topic=36710.0 btw?
also if all fails, you may retrieve just the updater there:
win32
win64
(just extract the zip into your ps dir)

on a side note: yes, there are people who got it to work under vista. the win binaries were actually compiled on a 32bit vista ultimate ;)

novacadian

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2010, 06:51:21 am »
Hope this is a good thread to ask for help tweeking my pslaunch. So far the game works well in cities and towns. In the wilderness areas between them it is reduced to a dark mud brown. It was suggested to me in #planeshift that it is my crappy standard issue IBM ThinkCentre graphics card. However the errors are making me hope this may not be the case.

When starting up pslaunch and then quiting quickly out of it the following errors appear in the terminal window under Fedora 13:

Code: [Select]
[booner@booner PlaneShift]$ ./pslaunch
WARNING: could not load plugin 'crystalspace.syntax.loader.service.text'
ERROR: Couldn't load plugin with class 'crystalspace.syntax.loader.service.text'!
WARNING: failed to initialize plugin 'crystalspace.graphics3d.shadercompiler.xmlshader'
WARNING: failed to initialize plugin 'crystalspace.graphics3d.shadercompiler.weaver'
ERROR: Couldn't load plugin with class 'crystalspace.syntax.loader.service.text'!
WARNING: failed to initialize plugin 'crystalspace.graphics3d.shadercompiler.xmlshader'
WARNING: could not load plugin 'crystalspace.level.loader'
WARNING: could not load plugin 'crystalspace.level.loader'
WARNING: Can not load default shader vars, no iSyntaxService available
Opening GLX2D
Checking for updates to the updater: Using mirror http://planeshift.clevertech.net/Updates/ for updaterinfo.xml
ATTENTION: default value of option force_s3tc_enable overridden by environment.
Creating Context
Video driver GL/X version (direct renderer)
Visual ID: 0x00000021, 24bit TrueColor
R8:G8:B8:A8,
level 0, double buffered
NOTIFY: Applied: Intel DRI: Disable texture compression
NOTIFY: OpenGL renderer: Mesa DRI Intel(R) 945G GEM 20091221 DEVELOPMENT  (vendor: Tungsten Graphics, Inc) version 1.4 Mesa 7.8-devel
NOTIFY: Using windowed mode at resolution 1024x768.
NOTIFY: Pixel format: Color: 24 Alpha: 8 Depth: 24 Stencil: 8 AccumColor: 0 AccumAlpha: 0 MultiSamples: 0
NOTIFY: Multisample: disabled
NOTIFY: Using VBO with 64 MB of VBO memory
Default shader /shader/std_lighting.xml not available
Default shader /shader/std_lighting_portal.xml not available
WARNING: could not load plugin 'crystalspace.renderloop.step.generic.type'
Failed to load plugin crystalspace.renderloop.step.generic.type; pandemonium will ensue.
WARNING: could not load plugin 'crystalspace.rendermanager.unshadowed'
No rendermanager set!
Mounting skin: /planeshift/art/pslaunch.zip
Texture Manager parsing /paws/launcher/imagelist.xml
Thu Jun 24 14:03:26 2010, <src/common/paws/pawsimagedrawable.cpp:66 PreparePixmap SEVERE>
Thu Jun 24 14:03:26 2010, Could not open image: >/paws/base/maps/leather/top_left_1.png<
Using mirror http://planeshift.clevertech.net/Updates/ for updaterinfo.xml
Thu Jun 24 14:03:26 2010, <src/common/paws/pawsimagedrawable.cpp:66 PreparePixmap SEVERE>
Thu Jun 24 14:03:26 2010, Could not open image: >/paws/base/maps/leather/top_right_1.png<
Thu Jun 24 14:03:26 2010, Could not open image: >/paws/base/maps/leather/bottom_left_1.png<
Thu Jun 24 14:03:26 2010, Could not open image: >/paws/base/maps/leather/bottom_right_1.png<
Thu Jun 24 14:03:26 2010, Could not open image: >/paws/base/maps/leather/left_1.png<
Thu Jun 24 14:03:26 2010, Could not open image: >/paws/base/maps/leather/right_1.png<
Thu Jun 24 14:03:26 2010, Could not open image: >/paws/base/maps/leather/top_1.png<
Thu Jun 24 14:03:26 2010, Could not open image: >/paws/base/maps/leather/bottom_1.png<
Thu Jun 24 14:03:26 2010, <src/common/sound/system.cpp:36 Initialize SEVERE>
Thu Jun 24 14:03:26 2010, Failed to locate Sound renderer!
DEBUG: Initializing OpenAL sound system
DEBUG: Retrieving available devices.
DEBUG: Available OpenAL device: PulseAudio Default
DEBUG: Available OpenAL device: ALSA Default
DEBUG: Available OpenAL device: Null Output
DEBUG: Default OpenAL device: PulseAudio Default
DEBUG: No device specified
DEBUG: Falling back on default device
DEBUG: OpenAL context frequency: 44100 Hz
DEBUG: OpenAL context refresh: 21 Hz
DEBUG: OpenAL context uses asynchronous (threaded) context
DEBUG: OpenAL context should support 255 mono sources
DEBUG: OpenAL context should support 1 stereo sources
Couldn't locate resource Examine Background in the current skin!
Couldn't locate resource Examine Background in the current skin!
Using mirror http://216.6.227.163/updater/ for updaterinfo.xml
Using mirror http://216.6.227.163/updater/ for updateservers.xml
No updates needed!
Checking for updates to all files: No updates needed!
DEBUG: Closing OpenAL sound system
DEBUG: Closing OpenAL sound system

Do they look like a graphics card issue or perhaps something missing in the skins?

Any insights would be appreciated.

- Nova

[ Update : Looks like a similar questions was asked and not answered at http://www.hydlaaplaza.com/smf/index.php?topic=37302.0;prev_next=next . Hope better results are found here.  :D ]
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 07:15:15 am by novacadian »

RlyDontKnow

• Associate Developer
  • Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2010, 07:14:27 am »
"NOTIFY: OpenGL renderer: Mesa DRI Intel(R) 945G GEM 20091221 DEVELOPMENT  (vendor: Tungsten Graphics, Inc) version 1.4 Mesa 7.8-devel"

That's the issue - it's an intel card. as you can read in PS#3453 it works for some mesa version while it doesn't for others.
(straight form that bug report: "I personally use a 965 on Linux, and it doesn't exhibit this problem (when using Mesa >= 7.6.1).")
you could try updating mesa and hope this works, though I''m not sure 945G will work at all as it's below the minimum requirements as well (our minimum is an X3000 for intel).

novacadian

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2010, 07:40:47 am »
Thanks for the feedback, RlyDontKnow. The mesa package has been updated to 7.8.2 and the same errors are being displayed at launch; so it looks like only a hardware upgrade will fix this issue for me.   :'(

- Nova