heh heh heh

What Can I Say?

\"For You, Death Is But A Minor Invonvenience\"

Adeli

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #226 on: November 24, 2004, 09:21:33 am »
I like the idea of guns, it seems most people who oppose are thinking of Uzi 9mms or Colt M4s.
I think dwarves look cool with Blunderbusses! Guns didn\'t ruin the medieval setting of Warcraft now did they?
Flintlock pistols are very nice dueling weapons for nobles as Seytra pointed out.
I fail to see a problem with them.

As for the bow vs. guns... the bow requires much more skill to use, not to hit, but to use in general. Those who do have little dexterity can fire a gun in close range and hit something.

Myrtl, give a reason. How will guns \"totally ruin the game\"?

I like Red Jelly Beans!

Hatchnet

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #227 on: November 24, 2004, 09:54:32 am »
flintlock pistals would be right but then we would also have to have flintlock musketts wich were invented first.

If you want to introduce guns into the game in a historical manner you will have to start with the mathlock rifle (blunderbus) wich if given any real acuracy would be totaly unrealistic. And it would have to be made more acurate than it acctualy was in order to make it worthwill for any single player to use.

Adeli

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #228 on: November 24, 2004, 10:28:16 am »
Why not leave it inaccurate? It was used in the past, obviously some people found it worthy. It should only be a novelty anyway.
I have no problem with including flintlock muskets (however they were not necessarily invented before pistols in Yliakum).
My only want, is that these guns are highly prone to failure, as they are experimental.

I like Red Jelly Beans!

Hatchnet

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #229 on: November 24, 2004, 10:46:00 am »
in that case we would have to say that matchlock pistals were invented alongside the matchlock rifles

Seytra

• Forum Addict
  • No system can compensate lack of common sense.
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #230 on: November 24, 2004, 02:47:34 pm »
@ Zellgadess: I really like your image, it should be the splashscreen for CB! :tup: :D

Zellgadess

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #231 on: November 24, 2004, 03:15:38 pm »
Thanks Seytra :D
I Dont really care about guns anymore..... pphh
i just had fun maken the image :P
I Just Have A Nice Image Of Saber In One Hand And Flintlock Pistol In The Other :D
But I Dont Know If Thats What I Want For PlaneShift. I Think The Idea Of Flintlock Pistols Fits With The Beautiful City They Built Us ;) And The Races. Just I Dont Want To Make People Unhappy... But They Dont Need To Use Guns If They Dont Want To???, Only A Small Amout Of People Would Use Them.
The Thing is, Do People Want Choice? Or For Everyone To Be Exactly The Same As They Are??  :)

dfryer

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #232 on: November 24, 2004, 03:20:02 pm »
What I Don\'t Understand Is Your Capitalization Of Every Word, Because I Think It Makes You Look Stupid.  Perhaps That\'s Just My Opinion, But Then Again I Feel That Way About The Entire Thread.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Myrtl

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #233 on: November 24, 2004, 03:31:58 pm »
Originally posted by dfryer
What I Don\'t Understand Is Your Capitalization Of Every Word, Because I Think It Makes You Look Stupid.  Perhaps That\'s Just My Opinion, But Then Again I Feel That Way About The Entire Thread.

A hahahaha...

How much extra time does it take you to put the caps in every word? :P

Zellgadess nice pic  :)
Non nobis Domine, non nobis sed Nomini Tuo da Gloriam
Not for us O Lord, not for us but in Your Name is the Glory

In-game: Myrtl Shift

Join The Knights Templar at
http://www.freewebs.com/the-knights-templar/

Zellgadess

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #234 on: November 25, 2004, 12:50:28 am »
Its A Habbit, My Left Pinky Has A Weird Facination With The Shift Key, Personaly, I Think It Looks Very Formal : P

Hatchnet

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #235 on: November 25, 2004, 12:54:09 am »
my advice drop the all caps thing

people can have choice without adding guns from what I\'ve read they already tend to have a large varity of weapons