Author Topic: Buying Mounts  (Read 1317 times)

Buzzurks

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Buying Mounts
« on: January 09, 2010, 11:17:29 am »
It would be nice if you could buy one mount per character. You could name the mount, and only the person who bought it could ride it. There could be different species, and if you decide you want a different species, you could sell your mount and buy a different one. When you log off, it might log off with you, to prevent spamming. Just an idea, but I think it'd be a nice one. :D

Dermathil

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: Buying Mounts
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 12:58:17 pm »
There are already mounts. (You just can't get one yet.)
When the problems found on EZ-PC (like griefing) are fixed, they'll be available.
(If I'm wrong anywhere, feel free to correct me).

Proud owner and founder of the Khazadi Bookshop.

ThomPhoenix

• Testers
  • Forum Addict
  • A Phoenix, what'd you expect?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 01:10:13 pm »
Perhaps we'll have mountable pets :D
We're not evil. We're simply amazing.

Koios

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 11:38:18 am »
Reciting some various info from www.planeshift.it

"Object to buy: Healthy, trained Pterosaur - 45,000 Tria"
" The Elite Way of Travelling - The fastest way of getting over remarkable distances in a short time is using flying animals: Pterosaurs and Megaras."

"The Pterosaurs are reptiles with organs adapted to flight, such as their membranous wings and long tails, which they use as a rudder. The Pterosaurs' dimensions vary from three to six meters, not including their tails, and their wingspan is directly proportionate to their bodies. From the moment they are born, Pterosaurs begin training to carry a person sitting in a saddle buckled between the animal's shoulder blades. Pterosaurs must be at least three years old and fully trained before they can actually carry a person, which makes them precious, coveted, and very expensive to keep. Only extremely wealthy people can afford these lizards, but no matter how wealthy a family is they may only legally own a single Pterosaur. The law forbids owning more than one of these animals in order to avoid dangerously crowding the limited air space.

The second flying animal is the Megaras, which is similar to a giant bat. Scientists believe the Crystal has genetically mutated the Megaras, since they reproduce only in Yliakum. These bat-like creatures are not as docile as the Pterosaurs, but they are stronger and more efficient, making them perfect to carry heavy but not too delicate loads, such as food and building materials. As with the Pterosaurs, each mercantile society is allowed to own only one Megaras."

Hope that clears it up :)
Going to the Iron Temple makes you as much of a Laanx follower as going to Harnquist makes you a furnace.

* Talad made Laanx's boobs fall off by accident

Akkaido Kivikar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2010, 05:47:49 pm »
We all had fun playing with the Rivnaks and Drifters during the test period, the devs have assured us they'll be back as soon as they're put into a player friendly format.

Sarras Volcae

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2010, 06:02:14 pm »
wow seems like no one read the thread title. it says BUYING mounts. will players be able to BUY mounts? public use mounts don't make any sense lmao...

RlyDontKnow

• Associate Developer
  • Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2010, 06:55:10 pm »
just my habit opinion: they will neither be buyable, nor free for all, yet available to those who wish

Yaniel

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2010, 09:33:10 am »
It would be cool to be able to leave your mount to pasture nearby while doing something else and call it when you need it again.(like talk to npcs, rp with players, fight, mine, etc... of course, one should be able to talk to npcs while mounted (not sure if that works), but I hope you get the idea)  And summoning it if it is too far away(>half of ojaroad1) or you have just logged in. So the mountable pets idea is quite a good one IMHO.
Just throwing in my ∆2.

Enonel

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2010, 05:34:32 am »
It might be soon. Several people got to ride a pterosaur, (Myself included) around hydlaa plaza today. Fun

Mounts should be something like a familiar. You use a magic ring or something along those lines to call it and send it away.

Akkaido Kivikar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2010, 05:52:42 am »
My guess is that the devs are trying to decide the best format to put mounts in. Realism vs. Playability and then also factor in the amount of griefing allowed by each option.

Mordaan

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2010, 11:39:42 am »
They will probably be available through a quest...though yes, that would contradict that statement quoted on the website.  But such settings are subject to change.  If it makes the most sense to have them be summoned like pets, they will set it up that way.  That also doesn't mean it will be the final arrangement.  We have a long way to go before having to decide that.

Also, lot's of details have to be worked out:
What if they are left somewhere?...are they logged out when the player logs out, will there be a time out if unmounted, and if so how much time?  Can you leave one somewhere...unsummon it no matter where you are then where will it be when you resummon it?  Once all things like that are decided, it all has to be programmed.  Certainly not an overnight process.

It would make the most sense to have the quest belong to Pevrin, the animal trainer.  But personally I hope not.  I am still holding off on those bronze door quests until I get me a mount, but if it goes to a winch NPC, I'd be screwed.   :P

But hey, whatever is decided is ok by me...as long as it gets done in the end.
--Overseer, Explorers Guild.

Lanarel

• Testers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2010, 01:24:39 pm »
If they were implemented as pets and someone else mounted my pet and I dismissed it, would that char be bound to my ring?
Whatever way is used to get mounts in game, it is never as easy as it sounds :)

ThomPhoenix

• Testers
  • Forum Addict
  • A Phoenix, what'd you expect?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2010, 02:32:54 pm »
Lanarel: Obviously, yes! :D (One ring to bind them...)
We're not evil. We're simply amazing.

weltall

• Associate Developer
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://weltall.heliohost.org
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2010, 04:12:55 pm »
i've captured lanarel :devil:

Akkaido Kivikar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2010, 04:20:54 pm »
That's why WoW has such a simple use of mounts. You cannot dismount without unsummoning the mount, and when you summon the mount you automatically mount it.