Author Topic: PS Launch not playing ball?  (Read 10879 times)

Drey

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
PS Launch not playing ball?
« on: January 13, 2010, 12:37:15 pm »
Just a little something for me to spam in irc. Plus I get more post count which is always nice.

Windows:

right click the the icon, click properties,  add --console to the end of the target line.

Mac

From /Applications/Planeshift/ in terminal use: open ./pslaunch.app --args --console

Linux

./pslaunch --console
<Rux> i wish i could say that narrows it down, but the internet is one freaky place

Thufir Hawat

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Re: PS Launch not playing ball?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 02:26:48 pm »
On a Mac running OS X 10.5.8, using the command you specified returns the result:

open: unrecognized option `--args'

... Any ideas?

Barike

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 09:02:34 pm »
Further updates would be awesome. I can't find any '--args' command anywhere for the mac...

Drey

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2010, 02:08:48 pm »
New download on planeshift.it these days, start from there now.
<Rux> i wish i could say that narrows it down, but the internet is one freaky place

s13495

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 06:02:48 pm »
If you are using windows 7,
try right clicking and running as administrator  :D
"Meh, Wasnt Me"

Awlena

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2010, 10:49:46 am »
I actually have a few questions.

1.) When I attempt to launch the pslaunch it reads: "An update is available but you don't have permission to continue. Please restart the program as an admin."

2.) And the psclient freezes when I attempt to open it. I am unable to type or click anything.

If anyone can help me with what is going on, greatly appreciate it. I'm getting bored of WoW and need something remotely interesting to play on my mac. XD

Thx All

Awlena

Sarva

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2010, 12:07:34 pm »
Have you moved the Planeshift game folder from the dmg that you downloaded into your applications folder? If not you have to do this and run the launch application and the game from the game folder in your applications folder. You can't update the game when running form the dmg you downloaded since the dmg is treated like a hard drive that you have no ability to write to.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 10:38:12 am by Sarva »

Geoni

• Veteran
  • -
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2010, 01:52:24 pm »
I tried running as administrator on my windows 7 and it didn't respond at the moment I logged onto the server and then when I closed it out it didn't want to play again, as in, I pressed play and then it went back to the main menu over and over again no matter who I ran as: the normal client or the administrator.

-sig by sarras

senasthus

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2010, 05:16:07 pm »
ok heres the problem ive updated it successfully checked it twice and i just downloaded it today the problem is that when i press start on the launcher itll launch the game but the loader picture doesnt come up itll exit then just reopen the launcher ive done a redownload 2x now and its having the same problems wat do i do??? :'( ??? ???

Minks

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2010, 09:11:06 am »
Hello senastus,

some more info needed her:
operating system, graphics card and driver date, did you download th 32 or 64 bit version? Are there any error messages?

Best,
Minks

DoctorLes

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2010, 08:36:16 pm »
I have the same problem as Awlena.  Yes, I moved everything into the Apps folder

Thanks

Sarva

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2010, 08:53:39 pm »
For macs the pslaunch app has never worked in starting the game. But you can run the game by directly opening the psclient. Just use the launch app to get updates and set some graphics settings and if needed to run repair.

NoriMori

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2011, 08:05:05 pm »
I have a bit of a "not playing ball" problem, too. For quite a while now, at least two weeks if not longer, pslaunch fails when trying to check the mirrors for file repairs. It used to check one mirror, download updaterinfo.xml, and then after a minute it would tell me if all files passed the check or not. Now it checks one mirror twice and then a different mirror and then says "Failed to download updater info from a mirror!" and "There are no active mirrors! Please check the forums for more info and help!" So here I am, checking the forums, like it told me to do. Didn't find any specific info on it so thought I'd post it here.

weltall

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://weltall.heliohost.org
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2011, 11:56:31 am »
Unfortunately, we have update server issues for quite a while now.

Theoretically, running pslaunch should retrieve fresh files with URLs to a new updater server.

Practically, chances are that just this source of the URL update is unavailable. I ran pslaunch ~30 times until I got a new URL, and I can't guarantee for its status.

See also here.
2 times is enough provided you've admin access (or the install folder doesn't require admin privileges), obviously provided the update server doesn't show 404

NoriMori

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2011, 10:09:13 am »
Unfortunately, we have update server issues for quite a while now.

Theoretically, running pslaunch should retrieve fresh files with URLs to a new updater server.

Practically, chances are that just this source of the URL update is unavailable. I ran pslaunch ~30 times until I got a new URL, and I can't guarantee for its status.

See also here.
2 times is enough provided you've admin access (or the install folder doesn't require admin privileges), obviously provided the update server doesn't show 404

What does that mean?

And really, what is the deal with the update servers? If there's a problem should there not be a sticky topic about it or something? Or a news posting on the main page? "Hey, people, update servers aren't working! Don't worry, nothing's wrong with your computer, we're just having weird problems right now." Something like that. I dunno, that seems like the responsible thing to do, but maybe that's just me.

EDIT:

Okay, now I have a new problem. Since I couldn't just update from pslaunch cuz of the stupid servers not working (and the solution of changing to the "sajut" server didn't work), I downloaded the whole 0.5.7 update from the torrent, but pslaunch won't stay open. It keeps quitting as soon as it launches. And when I manage to keep it open long enough to click "repair", nothing happens, and then it says that no servers are available. What the heck, people?! And when I start psclient, I briefly get a message at the top of the window that says "crystalspace.pluginmgr.loadplugin: could not load plugin 'crystalspace.sndsys.renderer.null'" The game itself runs fine, but the message is obviously not supposed to be there and that's annoying!

PlaneShift is really ticking me off lately. First the update servers stop working, then pslaunch won't run, then psclient has a stupid message at the top that I haven't seen since 0.5.4. Rrrrrr!!!!

*sigh*…
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 03:28:14 pm by NoriMori »