Author Topic: My ideas...  (Read 4636 times)

Catlemur

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Death or Glory
    • View Profile
My ideas...
« on: August 02, 2010, 09:03:28 am »
NPC merceneries  (a way to kill a tesufang without risking it),seasonal fruits (it is more realistic) ,treasure hunting (a fun way to gain money) and wars between NPC guilds for example blue way followers vs red way followers (the more pvp the better).
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 09:19:57 am by Catlemur »

Trikitiger

• Traveller
    • View Profile
    • Teriki Tora's Portfolio
Re: My ideas...
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 05:59:09 pm »
NPC Mercs (seen on Everquest) is a good idea for richer yet weaker characters (Make them pets XP), but it would probably be best that the devs work on the main items before implementing Mercenaries.

Seasonal Fruits is another easy-to-program thing, as they already have NPCs going off of a time basis (it's 8PM, time to take a break till 6AM). It could be done via items as well.

Treasure Hunting is done, however it's more of a quest now than anything. Add a Shovel, a few treasure maps, and there you go.

But I will say one thing that is not a good idea. PVP... The reason why I quit WoW? All PVP no PVE. Everyone wanted to do PVP, but no one wanted to do PVE. PVP's fine in moderation, but Blizzard Entertainment took PVP and shoved it up everyone's arse and told you to keep it there. If I truly wanted a game where I was doing PVP all the time, I would play button-mashing fighting games, or Savage (free game, it's all PVP, and a little bit of strategy)

I'm Kurora on the IC server. Don't get upset about her attitude, that's just how she is. I'm not really like that X3

Catlemur

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Death or Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 03:04:57 am »
Thanks for your opinion.Some more:Being able to participate in combate while using a mount,creating diseases and getting religion more interesting (getting permanent stat  bonuses for offering Laanx ten apples e.t.c. or getting cursed for not offering anything).
P.S. I saw the NPC mercenary idea in DDO
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 03:13:25 am by Catlemur »

Phage

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 06:54:38 am »
Give me few days and I will check some of those other mmorpgs. I am sure they contain tons of ideas to be cloned for PS will be a unique chimera!
Over there, lurking from safe distance.

Catlemur

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Death or Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2010, 07:33:43 am »
When the game will be fully developed there can be a civil war between the races with castle assaults.Well I will try... :woot:

Geoni

• Veteran
  • -
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2010, 11:00:48 am »
I like the seasonal fruit idea, but they have to fix the whole time scenario before that can even work out.

-sig by sarras

kaerli2

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2010, 06:07:25 pm »
PvP itself is fine the way it is...and you obviously don't grasp how horribly, terribly, braindamaged the combat mechanics are from a RP+PvP perspective anyway.  (PvP is for all practical purposes dependent on three things: 1) lag 2) ping 3) player skill, which makes it useless for serious RP work; I'd rather use the PvP mechanic, but it just doesn't do what I need it to!)

Catlemur

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Death or Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2010, 01:56:13 am »
Event idea:Ojaveda Fest the beer festival (Octoberfest in real life).

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2010, 03:41:33 am »
Not a new idea at all. People keep trying to offer in-game analogies for real-life holidays and festivals. Sometimes it happened and worked well (e.g. a Beer Fest already happened this year), but sometimes it just caused issues when it scratched the Settings too much or went unfair due to poor planning, execution, or simply misunderstanding the purpose (see: Xiosiamas).

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

bloodedIrishman

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2010, 04:46:26 am »

Catlemur

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Death or Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2010, 10:19:07 am »
Creating a farming system and woodcuting craft.

Catlemur

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Death or Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2010, 07:34:50 am »
A parental control system like in WoW.

Jekkar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2010, 08:13:43 am »
NPC merceneries  (a way to kill a tesufang without risking it),seasonal fruits (it is more realistic) ,treasure hunting (a fun way to gain money) and wars between NPC guilds for example blue way followers vs red way followers (the more pvp the better).

Sounds logical. I think the developers might be able to do something with this.

NPC Mercs (seen on Everquest) is a good idea for richer yet weaker characters (Make them pets XP), but it would probably be best that the devs work on the main items before implementing Mercenaries.

Seasonal Fruits is another easy-to-program thing, as they already have NPCs going off of a time basis (it's 8PM, time to take a break till 6AM). It could be done via items as well.

Treasure Hunting is done, however it's more of a quest now than anything. Add a Shovel, a few treasure maps, and there you go.

But I will say one thing that is not a good idea. PVP... The reason why I quit WoW? All PVP no PVE. Everyone wanted to do PVP, but no one wanted to do PVE. PVP's fine in moderation, but Blizzard Entertainment took PVP and shoved it up everyone's arse and told you to keep it there. If I truly wanted a game where I was doing PVP all the time, I would play button-mashing fighting games, or Savage (free game, it's all PVP, and a little bit of strategy)

Your signature is disturbing.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 08:16:06 am by Jekkar »
"A new day will come when those who rudely interrupt are swept away!" -Lereal

Catlemur

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Death or Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2010, 10:25:56 am »
Something like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsYl5XxKn-s for the lockpicking craft.

Catlemur

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Death or Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2010, 01:02:10 pm »
More stuff for people married in game I mean something like this: http://eo.91.com/informat/courtship.shtml