Author Topic: My ideas...  (Read 4639 times)

Vakachehk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: My ideas...
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2010, 12:34:43 am »
My opinion to this is a great idea. in Dsar Kore there is a Mercenary Recruiter. It could be possible to buy off him some stuff.

The only thing is I would not let it be a popular thing and have it very expensive to keep the player to player trade going and good RP.
You maybe roleplaying but you could still be OOC.

Catlemur

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Death or Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2010, 06:51:16 am »
Thanks. Numerous factions control various places (a quote I found in the Alganon MMORPG website).And something like this for the creatures: http://www.regnumonline.com.ar/index.php?l=1&sec=1&subsec=7
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 07:20:46 am by Catlemur »

Catlemur

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Death or Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2010, 07:14:48 am »
Reinforcing weapons and armour (seen in Aika).Waiting for a dev. to see this thread.

potare

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Potare the great
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2010, 11:11:17 pm »
hehe a merc pet

Catlemur

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Death or Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2010, 07:04:22 am »
Battlecries for thugs and rogues (seen in Morrowind and Oblivion).

RlyDontKnow

• Associate Developer
  • Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2010, 07:40:33 am »
Waiting for a dev. to see this thread.

don't worry, this thread is seen. just... erm..
1) the ideas here aren't ellaborated at all, just raw ideas
2) most of them would take rather long to implement :x

anyway, generally a somewhat interesting list of what could be done on the long run (read: a lot more than just some months)
maybe some of those could be worked out better by the skunkworks team, so there are more ellaborate specifications of what exactly needs to be done, how it should be like in the end, ...

now to some/most of the ideas:

Battlecries for thugs and rogues (seen in Morrowind and Oblivion).
sort of been started - check the Trepors on ojaroad, they shout at you while fighting :D (without sound atm, but still)

Reinforcing weapons and armour
I suppose as in reinforcing/enchanting items after they've been done/adding it during the crafting?
if so, that's planned, however will still take quite some time till it's done as it needs changes to the crafting system engine wise and also some other tweaks to modifiers, db layout, etc.

hehe a merc pet
no idea what's that supposed to mean. a fighting pet? that's already present. being able to train it? planned, but will take a lot more time.

And something like this for the creatures: http://www.regnumonline.com.ar/index.php?l=1&sec=1&subsec=7
rather hard to implement, there's the estimation of the enemies strength in the description, but as you may know, it's not that accurate. merging that down into a simple color/word is even harder, as it also depends on your strategy, etc. if the NPC is easy for you or not

Numerous factions control various places (a quote I found in the Alganon MMORPG website).
it's slowly building up. think of BF/laanx/Talad temple and DR

More stuff for people married in game I mean something like this: http://eo.91.com/informat/courtship.shtml
maybe something for polishing once the core parts are really working. also requires a many animations (of which we already have too few as you may recognize with the many emotes that don't have an animation atm). even worse for those is that you don't just need one per race, but also cross-race ones (e.g. 2 dwarves kissing would be quite different form a dwarf and a kra kissing)

Something like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsYl5XxKn-s for the lockpicking craft.
mini-games for such things are nice in single-player games, but too exploitable for multiplayer ones imo. also this is 95% about the player skill rather than that of your character, so not sure it's very well suited. (I still liked it a lot - played oblivion so much xD)

Creating a farming system
unfortunately with this a rather big one comes: (many) player owned areas
it poses issues in several parts.
1) if many players want a farm, we need a lot more space for those to reside on (a farm is rather big after all) which highly probably exceeds the amount of space that can be created by artists. therefore some way to create (nice looking) bigger areas is required (e.g. automatically create spaces similiar to the roads between towns which would be connected to the roads or something like that)
2) those maps have to be delivered to the clients if there are many new areas
3) it requires some automatic way to hand those out to players (e.g. one should be able to buy his land from a NPC or something like that)
4) it needs some sort of delivery system in case you need bigger tools/addable buildings (e.g. a barn/stable)
5) a farm tends to have many dynamic objects which require more performance to be processed (e.g. due to dynamic lighting) than static ones

so... all together... quite complex. at least imo. there may be easier solutions to get something like farming working, but I something half-heartedly done wouldn't be really nice I think :-\

PvP itself is fine the way it is...and you obviously don't grasp how horribly, terribly, braindamaged the combat mechanics are from a RP+PvP perspective anyway.  (PvP is for all practical purposes dependent on three things: 1) lag 2) ping 3) player skill, which makes it useless for serious RP work; I'd rather use the PvP mechanic, but it just doesn't do what I need it to!)
would prefer something round-based like in drakensang? or just button hitting like in most hack'n'slay mmos? :P

I like the seasonal fruit idea, but they have to fix the whole time scenario before that can even work out.
I like it, too :thumbup: maybe should be brought to the attention of settings guys to make a draft which ones are seasonal, etc.
however, the question is how practical it is given that time is a rather fragile concept in-game atm :/
if there'd be some real conversion between real time and in-game time, it'd be surerly possible, tho

Being able to participate in combate while using a mount
you can already fight while being on a mount

creating diseases
would be possible already I think (engine wise). e.g. you could randomly catch a disease entering a certain area which could then be added as debuff to your inventory. then you could cure it by means of taking some medicine, seeing a healer, ...

Treasure Hunting is done, however it's more of a quest now than anything. Add a Shovel, a few treasure maps, and there you go.
well, there is a shovel. however it'd be more about making repeatable quests where you get some map to a random location where the item is hidden(would have to be created automatically) which you have to dig up or something
however, that's not possible atm. could turn out quite interesting if it'll be worked out better on how to create such quests/what's need technically.

NPC merceneries  (a way to kill a tesufang without risking it)
that one should be more generalized imo. i.e. generally rentable NPCs of some sort (e.g. guards to protect you which could be controlled similiar to pets, merchants that you can put up to sell stuff while you're away, ...)
that - again - requires quite some effort technically as you need some restrictions (to make sure the world won't be overcrowded with player-owned NPCs) and a lot of work on the npc system, so they can actually be controlled by players.
also quite some balancing rules wise (e.g. how much should such a rented NPC cost you? should it be possible to also buy one permanently? (e.g. some sort of apprentice), ...)

Catlemur

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Death or Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2010, 08:53:32 am »
Thanks a lot for the answers.
Some new ones:A fast mount that can carry two or more players (so the mount owner can be something like a taxi driver).An atheist faction and political factions like in real life (for example anarchists,nazis just naming the in a different way).
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 12:34:13 pm by Catlemur »

Vakachehk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2010, 05:33:34 pm »
Thanks a lot for the answers.
Some new ones:A fast mount that can carry two or more players (so the mount owner can be something like a taxi driver).An atheist faction and political factions like in real life (for example anarchists,nazis just naming the in a different way).

Go here: http://www.hydlaaplaza.com/smf/index.php?topic=36881.0
It talks about wagons and carts being attached to Rivnaks
You maybe roleplaying but you could still be OOC.

Catlemur

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Death or Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2010, 12:04:38 pm »
Hm never saw this thread so I vote for your idea.Ok some more now:The tame skill:reduces hostility of aggresive creatures and gives the ability to control non hostile creatures (only one a time limitation).The ability to build your house (I know that it needs tons of work but still).Collaborating with other MMORPGs.And something else about farming:to plant a lemon tree for example you need to forage for seeds or buy the from NPCs and then you plant them in the garden you own (player owned houses with gardens by the way) and wait till they grow up.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 12:26:03 pm by Catlemur »

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2010, 06:20:59 pm »
This thread is cute but really, it'll be 50 years and yesterday again before anything like some of this stuff can be implemented. <Insert rants about why the team looses help but doesn't get concerned enough> Shame though, seasonal fruit was a really cute idea. :)

Catlemur

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Death or Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2010, 08:04:51 am »
Recruting in univercities,summonable elemental creatures for each magical way,cretures retreat when badly wounded,NPCs attack agressive creatures when they come close to them but the player will get 0 loot and experience when thet happens ( the last 3  ideas were seen in Crowns of Power).

Catlemur

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Death or Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2010, 06:48:38 am »
Each character receives special abilities and skills related to the day their character was born (seen in Oblivion and Ether Saga).Alliance System – Clans can group up into Alliances in order to combat difficult monsters or even other Alliances (seen in Ether Saga).CityConstruction – Guilds can occupy locations, set up merchant stores to gain profit and branch out with their own cities(seen in AoC and War of Angels).Gambling(seen in DDO).Powerful creatures that can cast spells.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 07:09:58 am by Catlemur »

RlyDontKnow

• Associate Developer
  • Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2010, 11:00:59 am »
Each character receives special abilities and skills related to the day their character was born (seen in Oblivion and Ether Saga)
you get different things based on the month you were born in, could be extended to days I suppose.

Alliance System – Clans can group up into Alliances in order to combat difficult monsters or even other Alliances (seen in Ether Saga).
we already have alliances :) guilds can form an alliance together to make coordination easier, etc.

CityConstruction – Guilds can occupy locations, set up merchant stores to gain profit and branch out with their own cities(seen in AoC and War of Angels).
would probably require something similiar to farming alas something for the very long run

Gambling(seen in DDO).
you may gamble with the local gambler in Hydlaa - also there are some gambling events held by one of the big guilds quite often (aside form the obligatory lottery during the markets :D)

Powerful creatures that can cast spells.
that's probably something to be done once the magic system is more stable and once there's actually a way to defend yourself against magic (aka anti-magic) ;)

Catlemur

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Death or Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2010, 08:52:13 am »
Slave and drug traders as evil factions (Skooma traders from Oblivion).

Overtherainbow

• Hydlaa Resident
  • I see you lookin' at mah rainbowz.
    • View Profile
    • EBONWUMON DOT COM
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2010, 05:47:18 pm »
I remember when Rigwyn did slave trading.

That was kinky.