Author Topic: Some observations  (Read 5626 times)

Sillamon

Re: Some observations
« Reply #75 on: August 15, 2010, 10:54:03 am »

With all due respect Neko,  I have to wonder where you have been during the last 3 to 6 months or so while this was being discussed. Its not the fault of us players who have spent much time trying our best to promote good rp We asked for simple rules to support quality role play. Thats all. No code changes, no art, nothing too involved - just a matter of policy adjustment. We would have even helped to write that policy. We got no support regarding this, just a cold shoulder.  I wont repeat what we, the community asked for. Its been written and most of it remains on the forum. Its a dead horse now.

Regarding the RP Covenant that Xillix spearheaded, that was never enforced, it was just an attempt to temporarily pacify the community. With Xillix gone it means even less now. Furthermore, the recpetion of it was lukewarm. If you look at your second link there were a lot of snorks in the mix. Not much enthusiasm about it. For some it was a shard of hope. The covenant as far as I know ( correct me if Im wrong ) was created by Xillix for the players - not by Players ;)

Anyhow .. the problems with RP on planeshift are deeply rooted. I would guess that the root of all this mess is the fact that the team developing the game is not really that interested in roleplaying. Again, this too has been discussed and details can be found on the forums using the handy-dandy search button  :sorcerer:

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 15, 2010, 11:01:24 am »
if the player base sees these acts go on in game, and does not report them, then they have only themselves to blame for the way the game's community evolves.

Might be true ... unfortunately, those who failed finding the correct way to report it to the correct people eventually left the game. Was it too hard to find? Or did they just insist in their "wrong" ways of reporting? Well, doesn't matter anymore. They decided.

What was the international sign of sarcasm again? I can't remember it. But I will remember to use "/report" in case of nuisances, and then trust in the GM team to handle it and ignore the nuisances further on.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

troyyer

« Reply #77 on: August 15, 2010, 11:18:49 am »
Interesting Verden,
in this thread you wrote:
[...] The fact remains that running around pissing on things is not acceptable RP.[...]

I found this in another thread:
Considering we have an issues where people think that good RP means pissing on and raping chickens,[...]

Please, do not fabricate such stuff!
Claiming false things is certainly not warranted.
Or should i say it is insulting...

« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 11:48:01 am by troyyer »

Roled

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 15, 2010, 10:17:32 pm »
8-15-10
Friends and PS Community:  MY APOLOGY and CLARIFICATION

It was brought to my attention that some folks may have inferred meanings from my original post that I didn’t intend. Specifically some think, from reading my post, that I was accusing Eelin of the issues in my items two and three. That wasn’t and isn’t my intention at all.

My first comment was in direct response to Eelin’s post.   I still believe it to be true that role plays change, no matter how much planning happens, and that there was never an OOC plan or agreement to include torture or rape in our engagement rp. Eelin and I and I think everyone else involved concur on that. It wasn’t planned.

My second and third comments DO NOT refer to Eelin/ Ahriman. I am truly sorry if anyone has drawn that conclusion. I did not intend to accuse Eelin or his player, or anyone specific, of these issues. I meant my comments about using rape as entertainment as general comments. I meant my questions as to 'do we know who we play with' as general questions, as cautions to us all as responsible people.

I am truly sorry to you, Eelin, that you have borne the brunt of this misconstruing of my general meanings.

Comment 3 was also meant as a general comment. Please don’t assume that I was calling anyone a predator. That is certainly not what I meant. My comment was about generally behaving as caring and humane people.

Finally I am retracting my entire comment about my PS virtual character being ‘nice to slime buckets’ because that was taken wrong too apparently.  Roled as you know is a goodie two shoes mostly. I am sorry for any hurt feelings I have caused by his spouting off and bluster. And for my responsibility as his player for allowing him to do so.

I do stand by my final sentence in the original post.

Please let’s act like human beings and not sociopaths.

On that note I apologize again, to Eelin, to anyone I have offended in character or ooc, through my flawed humanness and my mistakes. I am truly, truly sorry for any mistakes I have made, any untrue rumors about anyone especially Eelin, and any hurt players have borne from me opening my mouth.

And as I told Eelin today, Please know that everything I have said, I said out of a place of love and respect. I may be wrong in my assessment of the impact of what I was saying, and I may have been clumsy and unclear in my expression. But please know my intention was/is to contribute to making our little game world more loving and more respectful.

I am truly sorry for all the ways that I have failed in fulfilling my own intentions.

Sincerely,

Roled and
Roled’s player

************** also posted as edits to my original post ***********************************
"RR is a PieSexual" ~ Monala

Eelin

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 15, 2010, 10:30:54 pm »
And as I told Eelin today, Please know that everything I have said, I said out of a place of love and respect.

Roled,
Thank you for clearing that up. I know where your heart is and I maintian my utmost respect for you!
Qata says: Eelin, you know not of what you speek

novacadian

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 15, 2010, 10:44:52 pm »
I maintian my utmost respect for you!

Ditto

- Nova

Eelin

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 16, 2010, 07:46:57 am »
When. for Dakkru's sake, are we going to marry? I'm sorta tired of waiting. Really.

Kirna...Is that you? You ruined my surprise! Oh well, our secret is out, order the dress!
Qata says: Eelin, you know not of what you speek

verden

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 16, 2010, 10:57:20 am »

So you deny the fowl allegation that you are a chicken predator?

Its terrible the liberties that forum trolls take, just terrible. But it is still a prime example of what happens when you post something that should have been taken care of directly with the characters in question. It is the responsibility of your character to work out any issues with other characters within RP.

If you attempted to piss on the chicken and got "banned" from the tavern by the proprietor, then you should work it out with them. Not come up here and say, I got banned for trying to piss on a chicken, but wait those other people... they were doing a rape RP! Considering there was no real ban to begin with, it becomes ludicrous quickly.

The behavior of others is a separate issue. Any infractions of the user policy that you observe in game should be logged and reported to the GM team directly. So if you observe henious RP being committed, use the /report command and inform a GM. There is no point in posting hearsay in the forums, it does no good, and it detracts from any point you were trying to make.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 10:58:58 am by verden »

troyyer

« Reply #83 on: August 16, 2010, 04:38:49 pm »
[...]
So you deny the fowl allegation that you are a chicken predator?
[...]

I will just refer to what i posted above:
Interesting Verden,
in this thread you wrote:
Quote from: verden on August 13, 2010, 07:54:54 PM
"[...] The fact remains that running around pissing on things is not acceptable RP.[...]"

I found this in another thread:
Quote from: verden on August 13, 2010, 07:57:30 PM
"Considering we have an issues where people think that good RP means pissing on and raping chickens,[...]"

« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 04:43:23 pm by troyyer »

sashia_mennar

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 16, 2010, 04:42:30 pm »
When. for Dakkru's sake, are we going to marry? I'm sorta tired of waiting. Really.

Kirna...Is that you? You ruined my surprise! Oh well, our secret is out, order the dress!

Sure, love!

* Kirna grins

But...
Are you sure we can afford what I would like to order?
Please send me a groffel soon, we need to talk.
Lotsa love, everyone!

Caraick

• Veteran
  • I liked PS before it was cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 16, 2010, 07:02:36 pm »

Sure, love!

* Kirna grins

But...
Are you sure we can afford what I would like to order?
Please send me a groffel soon, we need to talk.

*Caraick is now even more worried for his friend*  ;D
Hey look kids, it's the antichrist Marsuveus!
What? Doesn't he just look huggable? Aw, c'mon, give him a hug.

Catlemur

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Death or Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 17, 2010, 01:31:20 pm »
According to some African tribe traditions the man who pissed on the chicken shall now marry it. :devil:

verden

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 17, 2010, 03:48:28 pm »
Its gonna be a white wedding...

Geoni

• Veteran
  • -
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 17, 2010, 04:18:20 pm »

made by the players, for the players.

Sadly, the players have tried over and over again to enforce RP, or at least try and teach a lesson to those new to RP, about the what should and shouldn't be done. Very few people agree and learn, many people pick fights and call names *coughs* the E word *coughs*, and most don't want to read what they should, out of laziness.

made by the players, abused by the players.

-sig by sarras

Caraick

• Veteran
  • I liked PS before it was cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 18, 2010, 09:06:52 am »
According to some African tribe traditions the man who pissed on the chicken shall now marry it. :devil:

;D ;D ;D

made by the players, for the players.

Sadly, the players have tried over and over again to enforce RP, or at least try and teach a lesson to those new to RP, about the what should and shouldn't be done. Very few people agree and learn, many people pick fights and call names *coughs* the E word *coughs*, and most don't want to read what they should, out of laziness.

made by the players, abused by the players.

Then how about instead of bashing it on the forums, and lamenting over how it's been "abused" by the players, you get out and try and help others to learn it, or learn to rp? :) I've played with you before Geoni, and I know you're a great RPer, even just the example of someone RP-ing can bring others into the roleplay...

Also,  I don't think it's being abused, per se, but I would say that in the case of a large number of players, it is being ignored... That's a tad different then being abused, just my thoughts though, for what it's worth :)

Hey look kids, it's the antichrist Marsuveus!
What? Doesn't he just look huggable? Aw, c'mon, give him a hug.