Author Topic: PVP outside of cities  (Read 2831 times)

Bonifarzia

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: PVP outside of cities
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2014, 04:50:19 am »
If I need to spend all my time training HA and stats so I don't get tragically impaled from behind while typing, then I don't have time to RP.
It is actually worse than that, maxed out skills and stats don't have such a big impact as very rare equipment, which is near impossible to find these days. That does not necessarily mean that game balance is broken, but it implies that open PvP does not work quite well. I think PvP is fun if both parties agree on some fair rules in advance, else you might get one-hit-shot from a few kilometres distance.

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2014, 05:22:51 am »

Quote from: Peacer
with proper macroing you can prepare some statements, and you can create events in the client that makes your character say something pre-defined on death/near death/battle initiation.

For some of us, this would reduce role playing to clicking macros. It would defeat the whole purpose of role playing. The use of macros like this would akin to me telling you to just hire someone to play the game for you.

Eonwind

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2014, 05:33:43 am »

with proper macroing you can prepare some statements, and you can create events in the client that makes your character say something pre-defined on death/near death/battle initiation.

For some of us, this would reduce role playing to clicking macros. It would defeat the whole purpose of role playing. The use of macros like this would akin to me telling you to just hire someone to play the game for you.

I agree. Albeit some too verbose RPed actions kill my personal excitement and tension about the fight, those kind of macros are not very satisfying to me too... if I have to die I wish to do it in a spectacular and case specific way. :)

Peacer

• Veteran
  • I've got balls of steel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2014, 05:57:49 am »

I agree. Albeit some too verbose RPed actions kill my personal excitement and tension about the fight, those kind of macros are not very satisfying to me too... if I have to die I wish to do it in a spectacular and case specific way. :)
Maybe I should have been more specific, with death I meant if you want your character to make a comment if your ally dies, if you yourself die you could get a gui box that waits for you to input something. ex.
I'll get you another time
character says: I'll get you another time

\/me glares at his killer with hatred (had to use the backslash to show the normal slash without activating the forum action :p)
character glares at his killer with hatred

you could also just press ok and it will output something you have predefined.

Making some after-match RP won't be hard to implement with this, it's more the pre-match RP that will be hard, implementing events is probably the best thing, and you can prepare it before you decide to rampage about the outlands.

only in open pvp scenarios where you have to use the in-game battle system, as I said before the only hard thing will be to type out the before-hand battle scenario, although you could create a piece of paper which you hand to your victim if you decide to ambush him with guards around. That's the only difference you'll have with requesting duels and having open pvp, if you wish to roleplay the whole battle you probably won't need to do it in an open area anyway, you can make "imagine" that as well (did it before house of purrty got the in-game interior of the house they rp'ed at.)

The Guardians of Power

left the game, looking in now and then to check progress, if you want to contact me use the email attached to the msn contact on this forum account