Author Topic: about the water glyph  (Read 1827 times)

Chessire

• Prospects
  • Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
about the water glyph
« on: November 06, 2010, 07:58:55 pm »
SPOILER WARNING: In this thread i include information about glyph combinations for spells... in case you want to discover them ingame.

I've been troubled by this for a pretty long time and i thought its best fit for the complain department although i guess there must be a reason for every thing.
A search on the forum about it didn't reveal any similar topics to me.
Still, i want to ask, why is the water glyph so rare? it can only provide mostly realm 2 spells and it is necessary for three of the five blue way spells (of which only freeze works currently) if we exclude frozen ground that requires another GM glyph... Alright, rinse can give mana which makes it a valuable glyph i suppose. But what happens of the characters that actually want to include blue way in their attributes? I play a nolthir and i consider it reasonable for her to have some talent in the blue way... i can still train it with the freeze spell but i can't actually use it for anything else than kill off rats. And of course, there are several people that have a character that wants to study blue way.

I'm pretty sure everyone knows of these things so i won't keep babbling about them, i just want to ask why the certain glyph is so rare... of course it is nice when some glyphs are rare and can be rewards for GM events but the particular one is taking out of the gameplay a whole way. Lava glyph is a much better case... offers great power so its wanted by many but red way is still playable.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 08:01:17 pm by Chessire »

Ruya

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Re: about the water glyph
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 09:13:29 pm »
I have the same gripe.   I'm curious if there is a good reason.   I level up BW because it seems settings-appropriate for my Nolthrir main, but it pains me every time I shell out the tria.   Even without the Water glyph issue, why are there so few Blue Way glyphs, period? 

Dracaeon

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • KJ website
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2010, 09:17:59 pm »
About why there are so few BW glyphs, I thinks it may just be that people are more interested in the generally more explodey/useful ways such as RW, DW and CW, which are therefore more developed.

bilbous

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2010, 11:39:53 pm »
maybe it is because there are no underwater quests where it would be appropriate to award them.

Vakachehk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2010, 03:53:45 am »
maybe it is because there are no underwater quests where it would be appropriate to award them.

Scared Kran or some random kran is underwater. He would be found in the BD mines
You maybe roleplaying but you could still be OOC.

bilbous

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2010, 10:09:26 am »
The petrified kran (doesn't have too much to say)? or some other new one? Anyway kran would seem more aligned with the Earth element than water... silicon is used to waterproof stuff!

Vakachehk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2010, 12:12:42 am »
The petrified kran (doesn't have too much to say)? or some other new one? Anyway kran would seem more aligned with the Earth element than water... silicon is used to waterproof stuff!

Ahhh thats the name, and yeah true, well then ummmmmmmmmm, is it possible to ask a Riverling at the bottom of a lake?
You maybe roleplaying but you could still be OOC.

Caraick

• Veteran
  • I liked PS before it was cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2010, 12:06:59 am »

Ahhh thats the name, and yeah true, well then ummmmmmmmmm, is it possible to ask a Riverling at the bottom of a lake?

Haven't tried... they don't exactly seem like the talkative type  ;)

I'd echo this complain in regards to the Faith and Lava glyphs....
Hey look kids, it's the antichrist Marsuveus!
What? Doesn't he just look huggable? Aw, c'mon, give him a hug.

Chessire

• Prospects
  • Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2010, 05:37:53 am »
I'd echo this complain in regards to the Faith and Lava glyphs....

I don't know about faith but this is not exactly my point... see lava is a really powerful glyph and is indeed a suitable reward for a RP event imo. But water is given away as often as lava (don't know... about 1-2 times in a year perhaps?) while being a simple glyph needed to cast basic blue way spells. And its not like its not available because there are no quests, not even the GMs give it away.

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2010, 07:14:26 am »
I'd like to see a GM's point on this… also, what's with Sight? Come on, guys, it shouldn't be so hard to fix that quest.

About Lava… what else to say: I'm looking for it like crazy, earning trias, more and more and more. I've even started to work with silver instead of bronze. I hope there's a GM event sooner or later…

"It's all fun and games until someone stabs someone else in the eye."

Caraick

• Veteran
  • I liked PS before it was cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2010, 04:12:02 pm »
So yesterday I found out that a guildie who's been gone for many months comes back with a Water and a Lava glyph, plus two Rings of the Past.

FML :(
Hey look kids, it's the antichrist Marsuveus!
What? Doesn't he just look huggable? Aw, c'mon, give him a hug.

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2010, 05:11:04 pm »
...why are there so few Blue Way glyphs, period? 

Seems you could replace "Blue Way Glyphs" with any given uncompleted feature in this sentence and the answer seems to be the same, not enough manpower in the team to get around to that yet.
Role Play Preferences
[1: gossip] Glaciusor: There's now a guy in skimpy armor having war flashbacks about daemons. Have fun Hydlaa

Tuux

• Associate Developer
  • Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2011, 02:28:14 pm »
Hello,

Here we working hard on blue way, all it magic way need work for be totaly fonctionnal. Here it's not the case  :@#\
Trust me we do our best , but it's really long to do...

Actually lot of work on Magic system is done, it probably help soon for have other common Glyph.
Have the Glyph don't say the game support it well in RP integration .  :beta:

---
Tuux  :sorcerer:

Akeera

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2011, 10:48:44 am »
The best start would be to be fair in giving away the special items. But they are given away in dependence of the friendship level you have reached with GMs or staff members. I wish Talad would know about this "inner circle" behaviour :devil:

Sarva

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2011, 11:17:08 am »
Ah akeera there are basically no special items now since the previous GM glyphs like the water glyph are now available via a quest and in my time as aGM special items were never given out to friends of any GMs that I know of. They were given out in events that anyone participating in the event had a chance to win based on their RP during the event. But as I said sort of a moot point now since all the former GM glyphs are now available via quests.