Author Topic: Welcome to MyPlane !!  (Read 10114 times)

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to MyPlane !!
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2011, 04:13:42 am »
Big thanks, Niki! Great work!

Unfortunately I don't see a preview picture for my "Male Ylian", Gag Harmond.

/myplane/images/characters/Ylian_Male_19_141.png is redirected to the login page.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 04:16:25 am by LigH »

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Bonifarzia

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2011, 04:47:22 am »
A fine idea. Character data can now be shared reliably without the need to contact a game master or to bring back the old functionality of nature intuition. I am sure this can also be helpful to administrate player events in the future.

By the way ...
If you want to see an example, here is a sample character we created.

Amusing example, an azure way master of rank 2 ;)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 04:56:11 am by Bonifarzia »

Malunga

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2011, 10:11:12 am »
Good idea! First step to Hall of Fame is done!
If any suggestions are appropriate I'd like add some.
A. Combat, Magic and Jobs skills are to be selected as visible separately. Turning off combat ones can help to make a surprise to a potential opponent, and visible job ones may help to business. But not all together.
B. That would be great to add an advanced search among warriors/mages/craftsmen by their displayed skills. It may help to prepare to RP procedure of recruiting or starting business relationships.
C. Hide those skills that are equal to zero. Most of them are not implemented. The rest zeros are not subject of pride.

Thanks to everyone who creates a world of PlaneShift!

Mokek

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2011, 11:55:36 am »
Wouldn't it be nice to see the characteristics of items when the mouse is on it?

Mordaan

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2011, 02:26:13 pm »
A tremendous addition.  I've seen such web based features with other games and always thought that was missing in PS.  Good to see it finally arrive.   :thumbup:

Yeah, us poor Ylians don't seem to get any face time yet.   ;)  Good to know it's known and being worked on.  I'm sure it took a lot of work to get it going.  Outstanding work!

edit: check that, it's us oldbies that are getting left out.   ::)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 02:33:11 pm by Mordaan »
--Overseer, Explorers Guild.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2011, 05:18:57 am »
Because a part including my reply was cut off...

1) Images of more races are missing.

2) It would be nice to see the Buddy List like in game: Grouped by on-line status, sorted alphabetically.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador

niklasboelter

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2011, 07:15:35 am »
Unfortunately I don't see a preview picture for my "Male Ylian", Gag Harmond.
This is a known issue, when you created your Character, you had less choice in Beard/Hair etc combinations, myplane can only show characters that can be created now.

Good idea! First step to Hall of Fame is done!
If any suggestions are appropriate I'd like add some.
A. Combat, Magic and Jobs skills are to be selected as visible separately. Turning off combat ones can help to make a surprise to a potential opponent, and visible job ones may help to business. But not all together.
B. That would be great to add an advanced search among warriors/mages/craftsmen by their displayed skills. It may help to prepare to RP procedure of recruiting or starting business relationships.
C. Hide those skills that are equal to zero. Most of them are not implemented. The rest zeros are not subject of pride.
Hall of fame is an interesting idea, although i'd rather build something that the RP community can benefit from, too
A) This is an edge case and involves meta gaming, I don't want to clutter up the UI too much. Until i get more feedback that this is needed, i don't think it is an issue.

B) MyPlane is designed to be very lightweight on the planeshift database, which is baroque and not administered (notice the very limited character search). I will implement a list of all online characters in myplane that links to their profiles, which may help you in finding out whom of the active players you may want to start business relationships with. I won't do a search for skills until someone who understands mysql can confirm me that it can be implemented efficiently.

C) Some people may want to see their "special" skills that are not implemented, also Level 0 in Planeshift does not mean that you have no training at all, i think you will have to live with them :) And Pride is not always a good thing ;)

1) Images of more races are missing.

2) It would be nice to see the Buddy List like in game: Grouped by on-line status, sorted alphabetically.
1) Yep, known issue, see second post. Ylians are most affected by this, also something is wrong in general with Ylians, i think there is some hack in place to switch some of the hair styles, and my screenshot script got confused. (There are 588 different combinations for the Ylian male)

2) This has been changed on the test server (Revision 54), expect it to be on zeroping and ezpc soon.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 07:17:37 am by niklasboelter »

albert I

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2011, 08:10:10 am »
With my Klyros i found the same problem with the image.

potare

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Potare the great
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2011, 12:52:41 pm »
Why is sarva's stats and skills 5000 but sarvas metalurgy is 68

potare

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Potare the great
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2011, 01:01:31 pm »
You should have a list of all players

Marathal

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2011, 02:15:12 pm »
Why is sarva's stats and skills 5000 but sarvas metalurgy is 68

Probably for testing, you creeper!  ;D 

(joking with the creeper part)

niklasboelter

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2011, 03:01:11 pm »
The issue with the incorrect Ylian Male Portraits (Wrong Hair Style, wrong Beard Style) has been fixed on the test server (r55), the fix will be deployed together with LigH's suggestion when Talad is available again.

A fix for the missing character portraits of older members is being worked on. If you want to help, and your character portrait is not showing correctly in myplane, then you can post both
a) The name of the image file that is missing (for example Ylian_Female_23.png)
b) A screenshot of your character in game that clearly shows hair/beard style and/or skin/hair/beard color
in this thread or send an email to niklas@frubar.net with the images to gather some data.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2011, 01:58:53 am »
May not be easy to make a screenshot now that the character doesn't appear correctly anymore...

My character was so old that it had defaults which were not respected with the current code.

It seems that my head hair got restored already. But my beard is still missing. Go on, weltall, finish it correctly.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador

weltall

• Associate Developer
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://weltall.heliohost.org
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2011, 02:26:46 am »
beard was removed one year ago from the base model so i don't get what you mean by that

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2011, 03:02:28 am »
But I swear that the NPC Percival Hawthorne always had a full beard. And I am certain that Roberet Goldsmith had as much a full beard as Gag Harmond.

Well possible that you had different models on your test server - but then you were not in sync with the majority of players, if that was the case.

I don't have many screenshots here, and they usually hardly contain any chars. But here is one taken 2010-05-19: Harnquist has full beard (and I am certain he had still the same a week ago), and the other one with the pointed beard could be Troyyer.

And a really recent one: Jolter Hosull has a pointy beard as well. Screenshot taken: 2011-02-23

I know, more recent chars and NPCs probably don't count...

I will try to look for more screenshots when I am at home over the weekend.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 03:11:30 am by LigH »

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador