Author Topic: Just a few pictures I drew when I was bored  (Read 13136 times)

yourcharname

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Re: Just a few pictures I drew when I was bored
« Reply #240 on: December 16, 2013, 01:14:15 pm »
You should!
Share the cute groffel pattern with the world!

Lumi

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 16, 2013, 01:57:33 pm »
Wooaaa ! Ahah that's very cute  :D

+ Nice sewing talent !
<*> The Way of the Hammer <*>

Jilata

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 03, 2014, 07:57:05 am »
Two of the three pictures are older, drawn around early summer last year. Just found them again and decided to show you them :)

Starting with Ssanyu. He's an akkaio cub. I wanted to draw him when looking innocent after ripping apart a pillow and having the feathers flying all around him. I don't think I really got that expression right, rather it looks he is fascinated by all those feathers flying around. If you have another interpretation, it'll be fun to hear it.

Everything started from a scribble. Knowing me, it was probably an eye. Then the next thing is added and the next and suddenly there is a pretty good sketch between some of my notes. That's what those lines are that doesn't fit in the picture ;-)
And for those who can't guess who it is: It's Telena Rakn.

Finally the picture I just finished. It's Eonwind. When I designed the clothes, I thought of trying to create some, which look like they would be some an alchemist might wear. I think they fit pretty good.

Eonwind

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 03, 2014, 01:19:44 pm »
I really  love :love: how you pictured Eonwind  :thumbup:
Thank you very much  :D
oh and Telena is really cool  \\o//

Ascomanni

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 18, 2014, 12:38:18 am »
Just burned through everything. Wow... Well done! They are all fabulous and I am very very jealous

carmenwolf

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 18, 2014, 10:17:08 am »
Just burned through everything. Wow... Well done! They are all fabulous and I am very very jealous

Same here!!  \\o// Makes me want to draw too but I know it wouldn't turn out as well...

Jilata

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 18, 2014, 04:09:20 pm »

Same here!!  \\o// Makes me want to draw too but I know it wouldn't turn out as well...

Just try, it will get better with every time you do it. And you don't know all my horrible scetches I threw away... XD

Anyway, something completely different again. I got told to show you guys:

And yes, I made it myself with a drop spindle. :)

Jilata

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 24, 2015, 04:52:37 am »
Today I scribbled a bit on some random paper and it turned out pretty well expression wise, so I thought, I'll show it to you guys.

It's no one specific, but it is influenced by Jilata.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 24, 2015, 05:00:15 pm »
Do I recognize some disappointment in this expression?

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Eonwind

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 25, 2015, 05:51:06 am »
I recognize a bit of sadness :) nice drawing!

Baldur

• Veteran
  • Disillusioning since 1989
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant
« Reply #250 on: August 27, 2015, 08:18:15 am »
I'd just like to say that I enjoy your drawings, like the Telena drawing! Really detailed fur!

I looked at your first pictures in this thread and then the latter pages and I can see you've already done really well to begin with! You obviously have a knack for humanoid drawings! I love the details, especially with the fur (never really had the patience with hair and skin to be honest :D). One thing I would say is don't be afraid of adding large contrasts, it will make your characters stand out in three dimensions. I know I myself can be very scared of adding too dark strokes when I draw- but it can also be liberating to experiment with how to make your drawing really 'pop'!

Being bored can be a great joy when you draw, to relieve boredom and feel you're doing something productive with your time. Trust me, if you continue on with drawing what you draw now (and you really love struggling with what you draw) and ask around for advice from people who's art you appreciate you're level of skill will begin increasing exponentially.

I started out, just like you, wanting to show what I could do (I was also longing for that nice wizard's hat every developer has) and personal recognition. I was the most critical of my work to begin with but this community proved excellent for building up self-confidence and self-assurance (I hope it still is, haha :)). I'd advice you to seize the opportunity that this community once provided me :) You've got the craft down, elaborate on your craft and improve on every drawing you make.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of you :)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 08:22:10 am by Baldur »

Jilata

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 03, 2015, 04:32:01 am »
Wow. Thanks Baldur. I didn't think someone is still looking at those drawings.

I haven't been drawing lately. I am missing the time to do so and at the same time, I am missing the inspiration on what to draw. I do have interest in drawing some characters again, but at the same time, since I almost stopped playing PS, I am missing their personalities. I have to RP with someone for some time to draw something. Sadly during the times I can log, I have troubles finding someone to RP with.

I am aware of the lack of darkness in shading I do. As you said, I am a little scared to add more. I'll try to add more the next time.

Cairn

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Older than a few mountains.
    • View Profile
    • Creative Minds Forum
« Reply #252 on: September 03, 2015, 09:17:24 am »
I still look at them, and I love them!
I regret to announce that this is the end.

I bid you all a very fond farewell