Author Topic: Art...sort of  (Read 22844 times)

Jilata

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Art...sort of
« Reply #330 on: July 18, 2012, 04:32:45 am »
It really looks nice. I am not sure how to describe her expression, but it is the sort of one she would make.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: July 18, 2012, 05:38:53 am »
How about "expectantly"?

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Mariana Xiechai

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: October 03, 2012, 05:22:58 pm »
Haven't uploaded any art for a while, and got a few hours of freetime today. Just a quick doodle of the character Lonirod, probably my favorite "bard" character.

Phantomboy86

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Sarva used to own the deed to my soul.
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: October 03, 2012, 05:36:30 pm »
Lonirod copies the picture's motion as dashingly as he possibly can (immensely) "Well 'm shore touched at yer renditioning 'o meself! If only m'lucky hat fit on most paper."

Mariana Xiechai

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 05, 2012, 01:06:38 pm »
I decided I wasn't quite satisfied with the first attempt, but I like the second better. Cept that my crappy camera phone kinda washes out a lot of the shading. Ah, well.

Phantomboy86

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 05, 2012, 03:42:37 pm »
Ehehe, so nice, you need it twice!

Mariana Xiechai

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 08, 2012, 08:04:28 pm »
The image quality makes me want to weep bitter tears of bitterness, but before I shade it in I wanted to ask around and see if I wasn't the only one who felt like klyrans look better when they're more "reptillian." I don't really like the human faces, I think it looks kinda odd and disjunct. When I think klyros I think like Argonians from the elder scrolls games, just as a reference:

Sort of a rounder, jutting jaw. I don't know. Thoughts? Oh, and here's the image in progress. This is Evirea sitting with her favorite type of weapon. She likes to "needle" people. (Tehe.)

« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 12:13:23 am by Mariana Xiechai »

Jilata

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: October 09, 2012, 12:47:05 am »
The image quality makes me want to weep bitter tears of bitterness, but before I shade it in I wanted to ask around and see if I wasn't the only one who felt like klyrans look better when they're more "reptillian." I don't really like the human faces, I think it looks kinda odd and disjunct. When I think klyros I think like Argonians from the elder scrolls games, just as a reference:
[...]

I wonder if that had been the reason why I haven't drawn a klyros yet. Somehow I never got to be pleased with my few attempts I did...

Timil Deeps

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: October 09, 2012, 07:44:56 am »
Mari, I heartily agree. The klyros' humanoid facial features always seemed out of keeping with the rest of their reptilian bodies.  :thumbup:

Naira

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: October 09, 2012, 08:39:52 am »
 \\o// Great stuff Mari  :love:

Mariana Xiechai

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: October 09, 2012, 09:27:23 am »
I wonder if that had been the reason why I haven't drawn a klyros yet. Somehow I never got to be pleased with my few attempts I did...

I have to agree with you. Looking back at the two other attempts at drawing Evirea, I was never really satisfied with how she turned out. I'd imagine slighter frames, less so on a male, and less "human" shaped eyes. I mean heck, the klyros were so freaky looking they scared Laanx himself! (Not really, but still :P) And considering their sense of pride I doubt they'd have their feelings hurt if their physical facades were just a tad more alien  ;D

Mari, I heartily agree. The klyros' humanoid facial features always seemed out of keeping with the rest of their reptilian bodies.  :thumbup:

I guess that's how I feel about enki too. I think their faces look better when they're more "felinous," and not human.

\\o// Great stuff Mari  :love:

Thank you  :love: I'm glad you liked it.

Tessra

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • The Adani Order
« Reply #341 on: October 09, 2012, 05:45:22 pm »
I positively adore how you did the claws and headfin.  Evi's such an awesome character, and this sketch is so very good!  :love:
Also, it's more credible to others if you grow in power slowly over time.  First kill rats, then noobs, then klyros, and eventually work your way up to more powerful creatures ~ Miomai

Phantomboy86

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: October 09, 2012, 07:15:58 pm »
The round face thing is how I did Rathark's head description. (secretly stealing from argonians and The LIzard in spiderman. >.>)

Mariana Xiechai

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: October 10, 2012, 08:59:58 am »
Aaaaaand completed version. (Note: Evirea probably would never actually wear short sleeves, I just wanted to show how her scars look  ;D)

I positively adore how you did the claws and headfin.  Evi's such an awesome character, and this sketch is so very good!  :love:

Dem claws dem claws, just for you ;D

The round face thing is how I did Rathark's head description. (secretly stealing from argonians and The LIzard in spiderman. >.>)

The Lizard! I didn't even think of that one, but yeah, that's a good example as well. I think I'll do a sketch of klyran faces and heads from all angles to illustrate it further.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 10:55:58 am by Mariana Xiechai »

Naira

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: October 10, 2012, 09:48:41 am »
 :thumbup: Really love the wings, they arch just right. And I have to agree klyros look better with a more defined chin, very argonian. All in all, Awesome Sauce Mari \\o//