Author Topic: Buyable travel tokens  (Read 389 times)

Denes

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Buyable travel tokens
« on: May 12, 2013, 06:44:47 am »
As a means of supporting new players and to allow them to spend less time with hiking.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Buyable travel tokens
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 07:06:33 am »
Player friends sponsoring a flight? :thumbup:

May just be a little complicated regarding different distances. Would they all be expensive then?

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

hulla

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 08:28:26 am »
perhaps the travel token can be the reward of some dayli quest ?

Denes

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 09:41:42 am »
I wouldn’t do quests to help semi-strangers… I was more looking for a way to transfer money from an established player to a new one as it is problematic at times to simply give circles to them. We could consider it „Tria sink”, yes. 6 or 8 circles maybe?

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 11:50:11 am »
Possibly about the price for a travel from Hydlaa to Gugrontid or Ojaveda, so you will need two for Gug-Oja. Just in case one may be afraid that the Starhammer quest might become too easy before one got a ride... :P

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2013, 12:36:38 pm »
The Starhammer quest is boring specifically because it's largely just run all the way across the map and back again...
Role Play Preferences
[1: gossip] Glaciusor: There's now a guy in skimpy armor having war flashbacks about daemons. Have fun Hydlaa

cdmoreland

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Main: Waesed Waesech
    • View Profile
    • Ad Libertatem
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2013, 08:10:17 pm »
The Starhammer quest is boring specifically because it's largely just run all the way across the map and back again...

And the pay really sucks. ;)

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2013, 03:10:56 am »
Gee, when I started out, we used to just run... Yeah, you'd get out of breath several times, and lost since the few signs they had were usually pointed in all the wrong directions and visibility was all f-d up due to this adaptive distance setting (so things like mountains in the distance just disappeared on you), but eventually you got there.

Kids these days...   ;D

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2013, 04:22:26 am »
Hah. When I started, there was no Eagle fortress, no Winch, and Ojaveda was only one map away, and in the north! But this map was a real maze, instead, how funny was playing hide-and-seek!

Oh, sorry, we already have a "you are an oldbie, if" thread.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador

novacadian

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2013, 02:35:06 pm »
Gee, when I started out, we used to just run... Yeah, you'd get out of breath several times, and lost since the few signs they had were usually pointed in all the wrong directions and visibility was all f-d up due to this adaptive distance setting (so things like mountains in the distance just disappeared on you), but eventually you got there.

Kids these days...   ;D

Yeah anything outside of Hydlaa was just an ugly mud brown to me with my system then. Without /pos my character would still be lost in the wilds! :)

- Nova

Eonwind

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2013, 05:10:21 am »
And what if the tutorial hands out freely some travel tokens to new characters?

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2013, 05:11:54 am »
Then you'll have people in Oja and Wingyville bitching about how they can't afford the ride back to Hydlaa xD

Eonwind

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2013, 05:25:51 am »
Then you'll have people in Oja and Wingyville bitching about how they can't afford the ride back to Hydlaa xD

yes probably not the best option, other than that it's better if they stay in hydlaa where the majority of the players are instead of being scattered around the world.

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2013, 05:29:15 am »
So I take it you can use someone else's token they got from a quest then? 'Cause I have a character that ICly hates taking the Pterosuar and I tend to just ride from place to place if the character has a mount anyway...
Role Play Preferences
[1: gossip] Glaciusor: There's now a guy in skimpy armor having war flashbacks about daemons. Have fun Hydlaa

Eonwind

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2013, 08:39:05 am »
So I take it you can use someone else's token they got from a quest then? 'Cause I have a character that ICly hates taking the Pterosuar and I tend to just ride from place to place if the character has a mount anyway...
yes, a travel token is an item like everyone else, so con be dropped, picked up passed on...
my personal opinion is I agree about selling travel tokens but their price should correspond to the most expensive trip available... not sure how much it's worth then.