Author Topic: Travel  (Read 389 times)

bmfbmf

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Travel
« on: June 11, 2003, 01:25:09 am »
I dint know where to put this so I put it in here. in this game we need horses or other transportation  to travel faster to town to town, and we can use the transportation in battle or races with them?

Caldazar

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2003, 12:00:16 pm »
The Slow Way

Long stairs that wind on the walls or corridors dug in the rock connect every adjacent level. Most citizens walk from level to level, even though such a trip is very tiring, especially when going uphill with a load of goods. Because of this, wide landings were built where they can lay down their loads and rest.

The Merchandising Way

Because walking is so slow and cumbersome, an ingenious system of pulleys, wheels, and spider silk ropes was devised. These silk ropes attach to either people or goods and are then lifted up. The winches are privately owned, however, so generally they only belong to the mercantile society, and their use is allowed only after a fee is paid to the society, which varies according to the quality of the winch.

The Elite Way

The fastest way of getting over remarkable distances in a short time is using flying animals: Pterosaurs and Megaras.

Flying Animals

Pterosaurs

The Pterosaurs are reptiles with organs adapted to flight, such as their membranous wings and long tails, which they use as a rudder. The Pterosaurs\' dimensions vary from three to six meters, not including their tails, and their wingspan is directly proportionate to their bodies. From the moment they are born, Pterosaurs begin training to carry a person sitting in a saddle buckled between the animal\'s shoulder blades. Pterosaurs must be at least three years old and fully trained before they can actually carry a person, which makes them precious, coveted, and very expensive to keep. Only extremely wealthy people can afford these lizards, but no matter how wealthy a family is they may only legally own a single Pterosaur. The law forbids owning more than one of these animals in order to avoid dangerously crowding the limited air space.

Megaras

The second flying animal is the Megaras, which is similar to a giant bat. Scientists believe the Crystal has genetically mutated the Megaras, since they reproduce only in Yliakum. These bat-like creatures are not as docile as the Pterosaurs, but they are stronger and more efficient, making them perfect to carry heavy but not too delicate loads, such as food and building materials. As with the Pterosaurs, each mercantile society is allowed to own only one Megaras.

There is no info on horses or whatever to be found right now..
Browsing the forums when I\'m bored, nothing more.

hook

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Hook's Humble Homepage
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2003, 01:07:36 pm »
Caldazar\'s post is a direct quote of the info found on the planeshift pages :D
:emerald: The Treecastle *will* stand !!! :emerald:

in-game name: Seeln

Caldazar

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2003, 01:09:40 pm »
hehe.. ya, to lazy to write it myself. :P
Browsing the forums when I\'m bored, nothing more.