Author Topic: Please Read!  (Read 5555 times)

paxx

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Please Read!
« on: May 24, 2003, 11:55:30 am »
This sub-topic is to discuss and remark on how PKing, PVP and player thieving might be implemented in a good and manageable way.

I ask everyone to realize that we will allow various forms of PvP and Pking but only under strict guidelines (Duels, Guild Wars, Arena fighting), and these forms will even have variations within themselves. But for the most part, this will not be a PvP or PK game, or allow player pick-pocketing or mugging of other players.

You are free to rant a bit on why it should be in the game, but what we need are good ideas and concepts, not "Because I want it" or "Because it is cool" or "Because that is realistic."

On the thieving issues:

The more I look around the more contempt I have for people who think the best use of their time is causing others grief. Don't take this the wrong way, there should be winners and losers in most conflicts. However taking advantage of the less fortunate or of some in-game absurdity will be avoided at all costs.

One-shot-one-kill will not be the flavor of the game, nor will this be exploited by allowing snatch and grabs and similar.

There are alternatives out there; in fact I have seen many, and have come up with a few (not great ones). Just sadly very few on this thread or board.   
« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 01:50:55 am by Karyuu »
-Paxx