Author Topic: Oh god not another "goodbye" thread...  (Read 1587 times)

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
Oh god not another "goodbye" thread...
« on: September 19, 2015, 08:09:26 am »
Sorry to disappoint you. But I feel like this is important. To me. I'm not precisely a selfless person.

The thing is, you've seen me coming on and off the game. The last month or so you've been seeing me less and less. Well, good news is, I'm not dying. Bad (or better, to some) news, is I'm actually going to quit this for quite a good time. The short reason? I need to get my life on track, and PS isn't precisely what it used to be when I joined.

The long reason? Brace yourselves.

When I started playing PS, I was a 17-18 years old kid starting Architecture at a somewhat prestigious (and equally pricey) university here where I live. I needed something to fill the void inbetween drawings and calculus, and WoW was too expensive for someone like me. Namely, I couldn't afford a membership with 0 money. It's the time and money paradigm: you get enough money, but not enough time, and vice-versa. Anyways, I found PlaneShift. Boy was I thrilled. I knew little to no English (despite good grades back in "high school" as most of you would call it), but the visuals were enticing, and the ambiance was so great, I couldn't help but get roped in.

This is where it all started going downhill. At the moment I didn't realize, but I was signing my downfall from a possibly bright -or not- future. You could say I regret it now, but I'm not so sure. The thing is, thanks to me getting addicted to PlaneShift, I was starting to fall behind in my grades, and missing important university appointments. Worse came to worst, obviously, and I ended up spiralling into a spiral of depression and anxiety that has left me with mood swings, overweight, and all around bitterness.

Better late than never, they say, but I'd rather this had never happened. I'm 23 now, it's been 5 years since I started going down, and it's about time I start going up. To put it short: I'm starting to get in my prime, and if I were living in the Middle Age, I'd only have about five years left of life, ten if I were lucky. So this has got to change. It's about time to change my life, turn it around and veer away from this path of ignorant self-destruction through which I trod now. So here it is: my goodbye.

I've met a lot of people in PlaneShift through the years, and while I can't remember all of them, I can say that
and I wouldn't even be lying.

However, at the top of my head there are some people that I do remember well, who have helped me more than done me harm:
  • Roled: you're awesome. Well, everyone is, but you're awesome on a whole different level. However, I have learned that polemics are only good when kept to real life, and only where they matter. There's no use trying to argue with a stupid person: they'll bring you down to their level and then beat you up with experience. So my advice to you would be to say "[REDACTED] it all" and enjoy your virtual life while you can.
  • Sulaika: it always seemed to me that you'd always be there to listen if I had needed you to, but I never made use of that service. Sorry for having been so mean from time to time, and I hope you have a very happy life both in real life and in game. Looks like you will, in the end.
  • LigH: You're tiresome, pedantic, somehow bitter, and too much of a perfectionist. But I wouldn't like you if you were a slightest bit different, and I've learned to put up with your quirks and enjoy your company. Our shorts RPs together were always meaningful and constructive, and I can't forget that. May prosperity finds your way.
  • The dwarves from the Way of the Hammer: If I had to thank you one by one I'd end up listing an almost infinite amount of reasons why I wouldn't leave this game, but since it's my intention to -because of real life reasons- I'll have to say a thank you to everyone at the same time. Whenever I needed help, you were there. Whenever I wanted to roleplay, or set something up, you were there. When I was bored you'd chat with me, and you always put up with my bragging about my high quality crafted goods. Congratulations, you may now try to have the monopoly. I'll miss you all, guys.
  • Naadah: Well, I know it was short, but I liked it while it lasted. I just wish it hadn't ended so abruptly. You're a great roleplayer, and you're up there with the legends of old, believe me. Somehow I always thought you were and alt of them, and you probably are. I'll actually miss you.
  • Kaerli: Yes, I haven't forgotten you. You're the worst challenge a person can get. I'm just sorry I couldn't help you any further, and that my patience wouldn't let me work more in depth alongside you to make you more... bearable. But you're taking the right path. Listen to what people say. And actually think about it.
  • Wulfar: <3. That should be enough.

Special mentions:
  • Illysia: wow, such bitter, very sass, amaze cate so mean. PS needs roleplayers like you, though.
  • Taya: You're not around anymore it seems, but you know I'm very thankful for you know what.
  • Mariana/Evirea: wow, such bitter, very sass, amaze lizarde so mean (x2). You already know what I think about you. Sorry for being an ass.
  • Sarras: Your most creative ways of getting banned never cease to amaze me. Keep it up, you magnificient troll
  • Anyone I might have forgotten: sorry, my memory is like some sort of colander. But I love y'all.

And to a very, very special person, I hope you finally realize your mistakes, and make your projects into the great ideas that you sought them to be originally. No hard feelings, dud.

Here's a kitten saying goodbye so you feel less sad (in case you do):

"It's all fun and games until someone stabs someone else in the eye."

Aramara Meibi

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Oh god not another "goodbye" thread...
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2015, 09:11:50 am »
Adios muchacho! And seriously, all blessings on your life path epic journey. Keep your eyes on what's important and listen to your heart. I'll always remember fondly that time you faked your death and I conducted your funeral.

I've been there too, you know, that point in life when you have to face yourself and make hard decisions. It's a mark of maturity.

My hope for you is that you are able to look back on the time spent exploring the mindscapes  and misadventures of imaginary peoples and not view it as a waste, but rather that you have gained something and grown from it. The Universe exists to learn from itself! Knowledge from experience is Wisdom, so here's to boosting your wisdom score.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 05:16:12 pm by Aramara Meibi »
all blessings to the assembled devotees.

Roled

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2015, 04:44:01 pm »
Mishy, dear Mishy...  :love:

Good choice my friend.  Please accept some virtual gifts, sent your way, of positive, healing energy and thoughts for your journey in the real world.  And phenomenological and physical ladders out of the hole, if the pit grabs you from time to time. *

You have stated it profoundly- there are ways out of the morass. You have chosen! Here's to your climb! :thumbup:

I appreciate your memory of Roled's awesomeness before he got abandoned in game and before I got too annoyed with stupidities to care.  Yes, 8 years for me, so you reached your health-giving conclusions more quickly than I.  Good on you!  Thanks for rping with me all these years, through our individual and mutual mistakes and upheavals. Roled may tough it out a bit more, because, well I like to cast the magick spells and ride the range on rivnaks in the dead of my night and the bouts of insomnia or caffeine induced creativity.

Twenty five is not too late, Mish! I applaud your move towards health and self preservation, and towards the real in your own life. The metaphor of architecture- building your own future in a real world, full of statics and strengths.  Real life can be tons of fun if one is committed to spending one's life there.

\\o//  \\o// I wish you well my friend, I wish you well.  \\o//  \\o//

I wish you
Peace,
Justice, ['cause I must ],
Rock and Roll,
RR

“I walk down the street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I fall in.
I am lost... I am helpless.
It isn't my fault.
It takes forever to find a way out.

I walk down the same street.
I pretend I don't see it.
I fall in again.
I can't believe I am in the same place.
But, it isn't my fault.
It still takes me a long time to get out.

I see it is there.
I still fall in. It's a habit.
My eyes are open.
I know where I am.
It is my fault. I get out immediately.

I walk around it.

I walk down another street.â€

― Portia Nelson, There's a Hole in My Sidewalk: The Romance of Self-Discovery
"RR is a PieSexual" ~ Monala

Cairn

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Older than a few mountains.
    • View Profile
    • Creative Minds Forum
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2015, 09:14:42 pm »
Hopefully you don't read this.

Because you're gone and you've put this all behind you :)

Good luck.
I regret to announce that this is the end.

I bid you all a very fond farewell

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2015, 09:32:03 pm »
You'll be back. They all come back eventually.
Role Play Preferences
[1: gossip] Glaciusor: There's now a guy in skimpy armor having war flashbacks about daemons. Have fun Hydlaa

Volki

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2015, 10:38:16 pm »
bye spaniard
Lace dark dreadfull power inside him awakens now fully resultin his former self comin back lord of dark noble house shantae of mevango family lacertus shadowone mevango also knowed as darkblade of shadows

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2015, 12:24:37 am »
The hole in the sidewalk isn't all that bad, it's just the moderation thing that gets people.... or is that a rationalization?
Hmm.. Perhaps the depth of the hole is something to be further explored and experimented with.   :detective:

Good luck with real life, Mishka!

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2015, 01:20:55 am »
Bye Bye Mishka and take care. o/ It sounds like you are making a good decision. Go out and be successful and beware rabid ArchiNerds. \\o// Someday I shall follow your example.  ;)

I knew little to no English (despite good grades back in "high school" as most of you would call it)

Now this amazes me since you English is really good Miskha, even drunk which is the truly impressive part. ;D

Illysia: wow, such bitter, very sass, amaze cate so mean. PS needs roleplayers like you, though.

Thank you Mishka ;D Although, in my defense, I am not bitter anymore. I have not dropped a wall of text on any of you in almost a year now I'm sure. :P

Sulaika

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2015, 10:23:40 am »
Mishka :) I don't remember you being mean to me any time. And I will miss you and I hope you find yourself in the real life. I only wish you the best for it. And yes your impression is right about listening to you. And anytime if you need it. And I understand you too well, that you need distance from game. Well I was hoping to meet Mishka in a duel again, with the fix of the combat system. I reached swordlevel 200 2 days ago finally. I know one day you may return and then we can have this fun duel perhaps in Unreal Engine 4 already. Make sure to stay safe and become happy and have fun in the real life adventure :) I am happy you made this good Choice for your life now.

Talad

• Administrator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2015, 12:50:31 pm »
Reading your message, I think getting your life in shape is extremely important, and I wish you the best.

Set a pace for the change, add some milestones with dates.

Never surrender to chase your objectives and dreams, do it for yourself, fight as a lion, slap yourself and scream "I will do it".

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2015, 02:23:01 am »
I almost decided not to read this thread due to its title  ::) ... but I was told I should. So I was not even disappointed.  :innocent:

It makes me halfway sad to see you leaving, but also halfway glad to know that there are people you will remember. For one or another reason. So we all (not only the few namely mentioned) took a little part in forming your personality. Of the person in front of the screen. And I hope neither of us will regret the direction. Be well! :flowers:

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2015, 07:51:01 am »
One of the things I've missed from this game is being able to put my drawings too good use. So I'm posting this here to let you know that, should you ever need a drawing or two for your event, or a wedding card, or an invitation, or whatever, you can hit me up with a private message. I get an email when someone sends me a message or replies to this thread (so I can read what you have to say about me), so you can just try those.

Lots-a loves.

Drey

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2015, 04:29:06 am »
You'll be back. They all come back eventually.
<Rux> i wish i could say that narrows it down, but the internet is one freaky place

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2015, 09:41:04 am »
Hey Drey! :flowers:

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
Oh god not another "goodbye" thread... - An Update
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2016, 07:30:37 pm »
Hey, y'all

So recently I guess some of you have seen me around, as some people prophetised. Well, good on you, I am back. But not for long.

See, when I told you all I was getting my life back on track I had literally no idea what I would be getting into, I'll keep it short, though: I got a job in a cruise ship. I'll be at sea for months on end. I took some time off my day to log in the game and enjoy it while it lasts, because I'm not sure I'll be able to enjoy it when I'm out there in a floating tin can. So enjoy me while you can.

But yes, I've managed to put my life back on track, or at least I think I have. Yay me. I'm leaving come March, so very soon, and I'll be back by October, if I don't log in during my 2 week vacations. So be good, you lot. Mishka is watching.