Author Topic: [GUILD] Iron claw  (Read 2305 times)

Gaheris

• Traveller
    • View Profile
[GUILD] Iron claw
« on: February 23, 2016, 03:45:56 pm »
The Iron claw guild is founded to prepare Yliakum for the unavoidable invasions from the Stone Labyrinths.
The guild has a military hierarchy and focuses on learning group combat, combat orientated support (crafting) and general knowledge of the different hostile creatures in Yliakum.
The guild does not like to keep the collected knowledge to themselves, but wishes to share this information with other guilds and organisations, in order to prepare the whole Yliakum society for the next invasion.

[you can cooperate with the Iron claw in gaining knowledge from and training in group combat. Simple join #ironclaw ingame to find others to group with]

Current rank system, only contain 4 ranks.

1. Squire: This is for new members, who yet need to prove themselves and find themselves a role/job in the guild.
2 till 7. are equal in rank, but show the role the player performs mainly. Some talented players can be hybrid, but choose a role/job they prefer to play the most.
2. Soldier, a full member who has not yet decided a special role.
3. Crafter, a player dedicated in a support role working with crafting skills.
4. Ranger, a player with focus on tracking, archery and at least one close combat weapon (sword, axe, etc)
5. Warlock, a player with focus on offensive/attacking magic.
6. Warrior, a player with focus on melee damage and taking hits. (the tank model)
7. Cleric, a player with focus on healing, curing and buffing other players.

8. Captain, leading at least 10 other guild members
9. Commander, the guildleader

** Edit: Few changes in ranks / names of ranks.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 01:58:15 pm by Gaheris »
Regards,
Gaheris Silverhair
Commander in Iron Claw
http://planeshift.teamix.org/myplane/profile/Gaheris_Silverhair/

Jilerel

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: [GUILD] Iron claw
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 06:02:47 pm »
Good luck in your enterprise Gaheris, and I hope this could generate some good RP in the future

Eonwind

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 10:33:27 am »
Excellent idea!  :)

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2016, 07:58:16 am »
May I suggest Commander, or something like that, for the guild leader position? It fits best -I think- with the overall theme of the guild, and looks much more refined and unique than just "guild leader."

Just my

"It's all fun and games until someone stabs someone else in the eye."

Gaheris

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2016, 01:16:04 pm »
Thank you all.
Jilerel, i truly hope to have some RP with soon anywhere soon. Learning to know you and your guild better is one of my wishes.
Eonwind, thanks alot. You know my wishes for the game and this is a great way to focus on that, while also putting it into a roleplaying situation.

And finally Mishkal1138, your 2 cents are very appreciated. And i agree with you as well, that Guild Leader isn't the right name. I'm not sure about what it should be, but i'll take Commander into consideration. (Cleric was priest, but that's also a rank that was  renamed)
Regards,
Gaheris Silverhair
Commander in Iron Claw

Gaheris

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2018, 02:59:16 pm »
Guild Iron Claw is happy to announce their Alliance with: The Knights of Amdeneir.
Regards,
Gaheris Silverhair
Commander in Iron Claw

mohonin

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2022, 08:20:04 pm »
Conspiracy Against Iron Claw Guild
It has come to the notice of Iron Claw Guild admin, from the Iron Claw Army Intelligence, that there is a conspiracy going on against the Iron Claw Guild for Recruitment of new members to the Guild. We have been accused of doing aggressive recruitment. But thats not the reality, No. 1 fact is *if you know about army in real Life, they are always under constant recruitment* This is for the welfare of the society, welfare of the citizens. So the constant recruitment by Iron Claw is a must and is in lore with Planeshift.
The conspirators don't know what happens after recruitment to the Iron Claw army. let me sum it up what happens, first the new member is introduced to the guild and other members.Then, the new member is given better gear like Armour, shield and weapons.After that the new member is introduced to the Iron Claw training. Theres also a conspiracy here, we have been accused of Iron Claw member only practices with Training dummies, which is not the truth. There are many training which require Iron Claw member to fight with a living creature or person like gladiators.
Now about a fact from the planeshift team, quote from PS main website " Guilds are a critical part of gameplay in
PlaneShift. You cannot miss to be part of one!" refer to planeshift.it/guilds"... So it gives the message that one should be a member of any guild of his/her/kras choice.And don't just go solo playing this game rather play with
other players and enjoy the game,Iron Claw during recruitment drive we only tell about about what is Iron Claw is and what it offers. In my opinion, theres nothing wrong in it, isn't it? And Planeshift wants the players to be part of a guild.
Also, to be honest, there was a GM complain about junior members of Iron Claw harassing people for recruitment.After this complain, all recruitment activity has been put on hold. But now that we know about the conspiracy we will again start our recruitment drive, and hope so GM will take action against these conspirators.

mohonin

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2022, 09:12:10 am »
Oh my!! forgot to announce this as i was busy for investigation of the above post.

So,we, Iron Claw proudly announces with great pleasure that Iron Claw now has its own Guild House. It is the Guild House
Number 45. Its in a location which more or less helps keep a vigil on the North gate in Hydlaa. Infact thats the reason we
were given this house by order of the octarch, but he didn't give it for cheap, costed us 50 million tria.And in turn we are acting voluntary guards to keep the city clean outta nasty creatures which is also what Iron Claw stands for.

And an Invitation -- if you are interested, contact these Iron Claw members, myself, Capatin Mohonin, Armouer Tarotin,
Squire Fayrene, and Squire Harither, to have a free tour of our guild house. And as a partying gift you can get FREE food
and drinks in the Guild House.

Hope we have made a good reputation of Iron Claw for you. Thank you!!

Volki

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2022, 01:46:35 am »
Good job, Mohonin! (Sarras from the Militia here, if you remember.)

I'd send you tons of smileys but they're not showing for me.
Lace dark dreadfull power inside him awakens now fully resultin his former self comin back lord of dark noble house shantae of mevango family lacertus shadowone mevango also knowed as darkblade of shadows

mohonin

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2023, 10:35:52 am »
Iron Claw as its policy of sharing the information about combat with the creatures of invasion, like to add the following info about combat in PlaneShift Unreal version :-

To combat/fight with any creature or mob, just selecting them and..er.. there is no attack button and magic spells CAN'T be used to defeat target. Follow the following steps for combat :-
1- Equip weapons and shield(if there is daylight and you don't have to carry a torch)
2- Then click mouse and with WASD movement keys, face the target.
3- After that select the target, but still your attack or magic won't work.
4- So to attack, press TAB key once and you will get a crosshair.
5- Aim the crosshair on the target with mouse, click the mouse and then move the crosshair to target.
6- Only Now you can use attacking magic spell, or...
7- if you wish to attack with weapons or melee, the keep clicking the mouse till the target dies.

This is how you do combat in PlaneShift Unreal. To take the loot, i haven't checked it yet as i already have overflowing animal parts in my storage inventory.

Oh.. last but not the least, try combat with easy creatures or mobs to get the hang of it before going for stronger creatures or mobs.

ALL the Best with combat!!
From Captain Mohonin in Iron Claw!!

mohonin

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2023, 06:54:43 am »
Again Some Strategies from Experience of Iron Claw to take on bosses and nauts

1- Black Root
This is easy if you are a mage/warlock. You have to use just two spells, One is the 'Tire' spell, use it repeatedly, don't give it a rest. And the next is any attack spell like 'Blades of chaos' or 'Energy Arrow'. And third, not mentioned above, you may use 'Relaxing Sleep' or Mana Potion to continiously replenish your mana.
I know ICly some people hate dark way, but 'Tire' spell is the only way.
In legacy I used to take it down with direct fight with sword and shield with damage about 1000 or more with lots of magic buffs as protection. Now these buffs are not required and also can't do so much damage with sword. All the best!!

2- Zlatac
first thing with this is settle down on the pond floor to be able to walk cuz while swimming it hard to focus the crosshair and face the target to attack him, if you use direct fight with weapons. Then Activate HoT by food (for more info on this contact Captain Mohonin in Iron Claw in Yliakum or ask here), and keep a regular eye on your health, use health potion regularly. Now most important, Zlatac is most effected by red way, so use Red Way Spells to attack him. last but not the least, looting him is quite annoying, see if you can manage it. All the best!!

3- One-claw and Nauts
They are easy with weapon and shield, mind you the shield, just 1 weapons 1 in each hand is dangerous. Hampers your defence. One-claw takes a bit of time but can be taken. Again use HoT by food and health potion is required. Last but not the least they are evry mych effected by Brown Way, you may use it from a safe distance and take them down. All the Best!!

Note :- At the moment in PSU, devs have not implemented much AI into the creatures, they are normally not much aggressive and attack you, So should be easy to take them down.
Oh!! and you may also have other strategies, the above are experience of Iron claw, Please feel free to share your strategy in this forum topic.

Thank you, and All the best for the fight, may you all Win!!

mohonin

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2023, 09:19:40 am »
What You Get as a Iron Claw?

1 - All Iron Claw Guild members are eligible to get a full set of any of the 3 types of armor, that is Leather, chain mail or Platemail armor, with Quality Q 300 and Enchanted.

2 - Same with weapons of your choice, but our commander A.K.A. Guild Leader says you have to prove yourself a little bit worth of combat as there are chances you will take the weapon and never do combat at all, after all we are a millitary sort of guild.

3 - You can get Enchanted Q 300 jewelry for any of the types of work you need it for as mentioned in the Iron Claw Website and allowed by the game. And yeah Gold,Silver or  Platinum, any of these metals of your choice.

4 - you get unlimited supply of Ores, herbs(Plant or Plant parts), Fish and Animal Parts for your crafting of your choice of things.

5 - Last but not the least, if you ever are short of money, you also get a loan of tria or circles which you may or may not return.

And mind you all these things are FREE!FREE!!FREE!!! for all Iron Claw Guild Members!!

mohonin

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2023, 01:20:00 am »
A Guide to Ranged Combat as per Iron Claw Experience

1st Know the different between Bows and Cross Bows and their ammo. There are 2 types of ammo, Bolts and Iron Arrow. Bolts are used with Crossbows and Iron Arrows are used with Bows.

2nd Know the Different Types of Bows :-
1- Hunter Bow -- is the basic bow, not much useful for expert/experienced rangers
2- Short Bow -- is better than Basic hunter bow. Main feature, the next arrow loading time is less, so you fire more quicker. But the Range is short.
3- Long Bow -- Again is better than Basic Hunter Bow, but the features is such that its based upon your requirement between Short bow or long bow, cant say which is better. The main feature of Longbow is its range is very high. You can fire to long distance target, but a drawback, its next arrow loading time is long.
4- Composite Bow -- is supposed to be the best Bow. Its has both the features of Short and Long Bow.

-- Now How to attack and use Ranged weapon --
See the earlier post about combat in PSU. Now 1st thing, the bow or crossbow always equips in the lefthand of the character. and the Arrow or Bolts in the Righthand of the character. Now when you get the crosshair and has the target in it, click left mouse button to fire arrow or bolt. Each Left click fires only 1 arrow or bolt. so you have to keep clicking left mouse button. A word of caution... its a bug or my low computer system, i found after a stack of 65 ammo is finished then to equip next 65 ammo in hand i had to relog.

--And the most important note :- Beware of moving targets. You should be expert with your mouse to keep the crosshair on the target and keep clicking. Maybe lower mouse sensivity seeting will help.

This Ends the Guide. Go and Have Fun with ranged weapon!! All the best!! Enjoy!! :-))  :)

mohonin

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2023, 02:28:20 am »
Why and How to select a Guild to join?
Going Solo or going in Team better?

A quote from PlaneShift main website - " Guilds are a critical part of gameplay in PlaneShift. You cannot miss to be part of one!
Guild: An association of persons of the same trade or pursuits, formed to protect mutual interests and maintain standards.
Guilds allow you to know more people, to team up for completion of larger and more complex tasks, to choose your side and outline better the identity of your character.
"

So the Big Question -- Going Solo or going in Team better? The following summerizes some of the points of why going in a team is better :-
1> Items sharing - It often happens, that either you don't know where to get a specific item, especially the crafted ones. In guild, there may be other members of the guild who can craft those for you. And not only that, you get those exotic crafted items absolutely Free among the guild members.
2> Need for Huge quantity of a specific item from fishing, mining or harvesting - In a guild you get more than 1 pair of hands to get items from those just mentioned gathering skill, when the guild members work in a team to achieve that quantity of materials. Imagine 10 people gathering a specific item and each gathers 10 x 65 stack of that material, so it will be 10 x10 = 100 x stack of 65 of that material. Won't it will be awesome to start carafting/ working with those materials rather than worrying about getting them.
3> Combat help - For combat, help is always welcome!! imagine if you are a new to the world of Yliakum and have very low combat skills, you wud definitely love more hands during your combat mission/expenditure/adventure. And sharing the loot or collecting all the loots for your own purpose, which the other members of the guild/team will share with you all for Free, Free, Free!! doesn't it sound awesome??!!
4> Guild House - All experienced and reputed guilds normally have a guild House of there Own, which is just not the case when you go solo. Going Solo, you don't have any house and hall which you can personally use. You have to be in guild to have the advantage of using a Guild House. Guild House are best to store extra Items which you NPC storage doesnot have space for. and maybe share the other items with other guild members even when you are not logged in at the same time as your Guild member. Doesn't this feature/point sound awesome to join a guild rather than going solo??
5> Free goodies - you are normally entiteled to get some huge bunch of Free Goodies from experienced guild members or players on the guild. Have a look at the previous posts about "What You Get as a Iron Claw?", and you get an idea of Free goodies you can get.

Now decide for yourself... going solo or join a guild?

Now the most important part -- Why and How to select a Guild to join?

to know why to select a guild is because, you should have decided what kind of character you want to be? There are guildes which has a reputation of being a good guild aiding the government, also there are guilds which are a kind of evil guild, their guild members has a reputaion of being evil using dark way or whatever evil ways. Then you should check, how active is the guild you selected? Does the guild leader login often? do you get to see your guild leader often and get help as and when needed? As an Iron Claw acting guild leader, by now you must have seen, i login almost everyday. i'm almost available 24 x 7, Compared to other Guilds wouldn't it be a good idea to join Iron Claw Guild and be a good guild helping the Government? Have a look at this website page from the PlaneShift main website, --> https://www.planeshift.it/guilds  you will see Iron Claw is normally the No.1 active guild. And it also has a good reputaion and experience members.

After saying all these, i guess, there is no doubt that Joining Iron Claw Guild wud be the best choice you have made in Yliakum. experiened Guild members, Skilled guild members, Reputed guild and the guild leader is almost always available. To join Iron Claw guild Contact Captain Mohonin in Iron Claw Guild, and even if you don't wanna join now, take a information booklet titled "Introduction to Iron Claw" from Mohonin or almost anybody in the Iron Claw guild. And take your time to make the major decision.

All the best wishes for your endevour in Yliakum. Hope to see you as Iron Claw One day. Thank you, \\o//