Author Topic: Text appears on land / Screenshot  (Read 2038 times)

Eurac

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Text appears on land / Screenshot
« on: May 13, 2016, 03:42:43 pm »
I had spent a little time writing up Euracs backstory in a text editor, I then posted it to a forum, not these forums. Upon leaving Hydlaa for Gug i was presented with the text I had just written across the hills and valleys outside of Gugrontid. The screeny is taken from above the Howling Well looking to Gug.

Well no screenshot actually :)

The large print giveth and the small print taketh away.

Volki

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: Text appears on land / Screenshot
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 04:57:24 pm »
Do you need some place to upload the screenshot? Try imgur.com
Lace dark dreadfull power inside him awakens now fully resultin his former self comin back lord of dark noble house shantae of mevango family lacertus shadowone mevango also knowed as darkblade of shadows

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2016, 03:05:03 am »
Sounds like a version of the "Disco bug" already known in the Flyspray bugtracker (4400, 4415, 4745 - mostly obsolete screenshot links there as well, from years ago).

The reason is most probably that the address of a texture pointer got destroyed, it points now to a completely different texture than the desired landscape ground, and in your case, it was even a texture of a different application, used to display the text in your text editor. My first guess about what to blame for it would be your graphic driver...

I am almost sure that I have seen a screenshot with "text on landscape" before, but probably years ago, during v0.5.x.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 03:11:00 am by LigH »

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

zarre

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2016, 04:07:16 am »
I've seen a /tell message that followed the contour of the landscape in PS but only have a screenshot of this particular instance from June 2011.
http://frupic.frubar.net/fullsize/33758

Eurac

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2016, 06:20:14 am »
Thanks Volki, I did wonder if I need to upload the image somewhere first before linking it in the forum.

LigH It was during a disco bug episode and yes I agree the fault it with my propitiatory drivers. Thanks for letting me know the bug has already been reported on flyspray.

Yes Zarre, exactly like that, how are you, long time no see.

The large print giveth and the small print taketh away.

zarre

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2016, 01:16:12 pm »
Yes Zarre, exactly like that, how are you, long time no see.
I'm doing fine, thanks. Hope you are too?