Author Topic: weird bug where i can't target things  (Read 1305 times)

leonideus

• Traveller
    • View Profile
weird bug where i can't target things
« on: July 19, 2017, 11:27:57 pm »
as the topic says i can't target things, the only exception so far is doors, this means no players no furniture no any of that. I have tried a full reinstall, deleting options.cfg and more. The only thing that i can think of that changed is i set some aliases for the first time yesterday in the buddy list. I deleted the file holding them but still no luck. any ideas? I even tried un and reinstalling planeshift and tried a 32 bit version. Hoping you have some ideas cause otherwise i'm gonna be unable to play planeshift.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Re: weird bug where i can't target things
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 04:17:06 am »
By targeting, do you mean using a left-click with the mouse, or also a command like /target ... (/target next {player|item|npc})?

Configuration of controls and shortcuts are stored in %APPDATA%\PlaneShift\options under Windows (shortcutcommands_character.xml and controls_character.xml). I wonder if you managed to mis-configure your left-click behaviour. But it may also depend on the feedback from your OpenGL graphic driver.

Most interesting, doors are no "items" to target, they are only "action locations" which should not be targetable at all for a normal player (you can only call a context menu on them using a right-click, usually).

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

gonger

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2017, 05:06:01 am »
Check your Mouse settings, maybe you messed them up somehow:
Options - Controls - Mouse.

leonideus

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 11:51:58 am »
i'll try in a sec what you mentioned, as for targeting neither commands nor mouse works and i can't even right click anything except the doors. i apologize for the misspeaking as i do call up the menu not target them. I have checked my mouse settings and even reset them but everything looks right. I think it may be my open gl thing and will have to double check it somehow.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 11:55:12 am by leonideus »

leonideus

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2017, 01:44:55 pm »
problem resoled by renaming my appdata roaming planeshift folder.