Author Topic: Why the download version is two, no four steps behind the latest client verion?  (Read 2215 times)

Uldics

• Traveller
    • View Profile
I go to the official page, download the torrent 0.6.3. Good, I am ready. Then, when I have time to play, no, I have to spend more time on some silly downloads. I am an oldtime player, I mean of physical age, so no teenager problems to stay focused. But my time is valuable. Why should I then wait for another version 0.6.4 to download directly wasting my time and your network capacity, before I get the next 0.6.5 version to do again? 0.6.7, haha!!! Why can't you, italians squeeze your buttocks a bit more and focus on basic stuff instead of arguing on some crap inbetween your ranks. I remember when it went haywire and your emotions were all over the place. I could be wrong, times could have changed, but I remember playing some 10 years ago and there were a lot of organisational problems. Haven't you really solved them now? You should be no more in your 20ties, supposedly clevered up a bit. If I am wrong, I will appologise, but someone has to explain before that.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 04:26:04 pm by Uldics »

Can-ned Food

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Many ask what The Can contains, but few will know.
    • View Profile
    • an OpenDocument Spreadsheet for planning your character's stats profile
Personally, I would not even bother.  There is nothing to do in that version of the game except acquaint yourself with the world and some of the players who haunt it:  get an impression of how they play and behave.  Excepting that you don't know if they will be around for the UE4 version, or when that will happen.

I don't think people should be releasing bugfixes for the old version at all, to be honest.
Someone also needs to revise the website to make obvious the fact that the CrystalSpace version of the server is now merely a demo, albeit poorly suited for that purpose:  Don't train skills, proceed solo through NPC quests, or craft too much…
Hmm.  It is a solo game with some multiplayer social aspects?  I've had pleasant chats with some people, and exploring undeveloped areas of the map to make our own campsites was fun.  But there is no economy nor any big monsters, outside of special events, which require grouping to fight.
Gedundk Kokro, kran
Ailela Belair, nolthrir
Hwokmar Cmar, ynnwn

Emaline

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Citizen
  • Game Master
    • View Profile
  But there is no economy nor any big monsters, outside of special events, which require grouping to fight.

There are several bigger boss-like creatures that require a very skilled and trained player or a party to take down, perhaps you need to do some more exploring ;)

As for the original post, it does seem a bit silly indeed, I think with all the focus on UE4 no one has given it much thought I'm not entirely who to poke about this but I will ask around and see who maintains the download page, because yes it's got several issues if I recall. Thanks for nudging us about this!
I'm very responsible, whenever something goes wrong they always say I'm responsible.

Any Event idea find us on IRC #ps-event
Problem Ingame use IRC: #Planeshift-gmtalk