Author Topic: Game wont load at all  (Read 2049 times)

Runkies

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Game wont load at all
« on: June 13, 2019, 07:51:34 pm »
Ok so downloaded the game today, OSX 10.14.4
copied the game folder to my Games folder on my harddrive
attempted to open psclient, system froze for about 10 seconds icon bounced twice then vanished
tried pslaunch bounced a few times than vanished

running on a 2012 mac mini with a intel HD4000

there is no config file in ~/Library/Application Support/PlaneShift

tried the things in the readme included with no luck so far, any help would be much appreciated

Radanar

• Traveller
    • View Profile

Runkies

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Re: Game wont load at all
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2019, 08:11:47 pm »
Ok so by launching the pslaunch_static and psclient_static inside the packages i managed to get it to update, the updater downloaded a pile of windows files like the psclient.exe

i managed to create a character but as soon as i load into the world the game just Mac Quits
i have tried changing the video and audio settings in the config files but nothing seems to help :(

Emaline

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Citizen
  • Game Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2019, 10:50:44 pm »
Toggle VBO. If it's enabled, disable it. If it's disabled enable it.
I'm very responsible, whenever something goes wrong they always say I'm responsible.

Any Event idea find us on IRC #ps-event
Problem Ingame use IRC: #Planeshift-gmtalk

Moja Aere

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • TheOne Guild Info
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2019, 02:13:42 am »
I'm not playing since a long time but I've just checked if PS is still able to run on my Mac (10.14.5) and it is.
So, even if I can't exactly tell what the problem could be
I can tell for sure that every problem I stumbled on, years ago, trying to have a working client was solved reading here: Players Guide

Hope this can help :)

(also, PS should work... it's expected to be not working after updates to OSX 10.15, since it is a 32-bit app, but it is expected to run on Mojave!)

Runkies

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2019, 06:02:29 am »
yeah 10.15 is going to make a lot of people unhappy lol, even though every time you open a 32bit app you are warned :P

what i dont understand is why i have to go through any of this at all, why does the game not work by it self, is that not the whole point of having a native client. at this point i think im ready to give up and just go play something that works "out of the box"

gonger

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2019, 10:39:34 am »
yeah 10.15 is going to make a lot of people unhappy lol, even though every time you open a 32bit app you are warned :P

what i dont understand is why i have to go through any of this at all, why does the game not work by it self, is that not the whole point of having a native client. at this point i think im ready to give up and just go play something that works "out of the box"

And for which you will most likely have to pay...
Small problems like this are the price for a game that is Fully Free to Play.

And as you can see, we are trying to help you. We also help newbies in the game.

Hope to see you soon in Hydlaa!

Gonger