Author Topic: MacOS 10.14.5 install  (Read 732 times)

Tananis

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
MacOS 10.14.5 install
« on: July 16, 2019, 06:18:29 pm »
Hello,

I am trying to play after a long hiatus from the game. I no longer have a windows or linux computer and instead am working with a 4k retina iMac. I have downloaded the game and extracted it to my applications folder. However I cannot get psupdater or psclient to launch even after giving the program permission to run in my OS settings. I would appreciate any help!

Tananis

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Re: MacOS 10.14.5 install
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2019, 06:15:38 am »
I actually found that last night and couldn’t get it to run. I am not entirely sure if I’m following their instructions completely however since what they’re describing seems to be how I started out - extracting the folder, navigating to the client and attempting to open it. The pslauncher won’t open either.

I have attempted installing the windows version with wine and was able to fully update that client but couldn’t get the client to run either unfortunately. That one was 64 bit so I’ll attempt 32 bit windows with wine tonight.

VedaVelda

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Re: MacOS 10.14.5 install
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2021, 06:56:02 pm »
I actually found that last night and couldn’t get it to run. I am not entirely sure if I’m following their instructions completely however since what they’re describing seems to be how I started out - extracting the folder, navigating to the client and attempting to open it. The pslauncher won’t open either.

I have attempted installing the windows version with wine and was able to fully update that client but couldn’t get the client to run either unfortunately. That one was 64 bit so I’ll attempt 32 bit windows with wine tonight.

So...did it work?