Author Topic: Shortcut for a mount - kinda a spoiler  (Read 451 times)

keyan

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Shortcut for a mount - kinda a spoiler
« on: June 12, 2020, 11:54:16 am »
Came up this AM in gossip.

This is how I made a shortcut for a mount work.  I hit this shortcut twice, the first time it summons the mount and the second time I hop on the pet.  Both times the shortcut will throw an error.  My mount name is "Bessy", change the name accordingly.  Enjoy.

Mount shortcut:

/dequip leftfinger
/equip ring of summon familiar
/pet 2, summon
/dequip leftfinger
/target bessy
/mount

P.S. would be nice if we had a "Pause" command

Migg

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Shortcut for a mount - kinda a spoiler
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2020, 03:39:06 pm »
Cool! Thanks for sharing! At the moment I use two shortcuts to achieve a similar result, but I always wear the ring so no equip/dequip: instead I have a button to summon and select the mount, then use the mount shortcut to mount it. I have different shortcuts to summon my drifter and my rivnak, and a common mount shortcut for both. Works best if you want to RP the summoning before actually mounting, which is why I find this preferable.

Here is my Rivnak summon shortcut which, if used twice, will first summon the mount and then select it; /target doesn't work the first time, as you said a pause command would be nice (Blueshana is the name of my mount, substitute the name of your own mount instead; I do that to create a second shortcut for my drifter):

Code: [Select]
/pet summon Blueshana
/target Blueshana

Here is my (dis)mount shortcut, which doubles as unmount if already mounted (note that if you have targeted something other than your mount, you will need to use it twice to dismount: the first time will clear your current target, allowing the second to dismount):

/mount
/target clear

I will check combining these with equip/dequip the ring, and report on results.

Damola

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Shortcut for a mount - kinda a spoiler
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2020, 01:06:13 pm »
I use this:

/pet 1, summon
/mount Shirwa

I do not use /target command.

I have a shortcut for each of my familiars. Then I also have shortcuts like this:

Stay: /pet stay

Follow: /pet follow

Umount: /unmount

Dismiss:

/unmount
/pet dismiss

I use F4 till F9 and Shift+F9 for that.
Love,
Damola