Author Topic: PlaneShift Unreal Alpha Release #2  (Read 154941 times)

Talad

• Administrator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
PlaneShift Unreal Alpha Release #2
« on: November 25, 2020, 01:05:10 pm »

We are glad to announce a new Alpha of PSUnreal is available! It is the second Unreal Alpha release after the one of May, and there are a lot of new features and fixes.

This release is open to all Patreons and to all veteran players of the previous game (200+ hours of gameplay). Thanks to all the ones who are supporting us and cheering for us! Your support is very welcome and is actually what makes us continue in this incredible journey through the years.
In this new Alpha we improved movement, now characters can overcome obstacles by climbing low walls and fences. A new village has been added to the outdoors, added new trees, plants, buildings. Many code fixes for stability, improved interaction with objects and NPC, added ability to sit on ground and on chairs.
The main purpose of this second Alpha is to have a limited number of people testing it to discover critical bugs. This Alpha release has these main objectives:
- Catch the critical bugs which are crashing the server to ensure stability for the next phases of testing
- Test performances with multiple players connected
- Test performances on different hardware

All three platforms are available: Windows, Linux and Mac.

All the bugs are tracked on our Flyspray, where you can register and add your findings. You can report crashes and other in game bugs. You will also probably find many missing features comparing this version to the original version of the game. On these ones please do not report yet in Flyspray, we are aware of what is missing and will be added in future releases.
If you are a Patreon you will find the download link on the website directly, if you are a veteran player contact us on Discord to get access.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 01:09:20 pm by Talad »

falmer

• Traveller
  • Stumbled uppon Planeshift
    • View Profile
    • Ducks
Re: PlaneShift Unreal Alpha Release #2
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2020, 04:45:46 am »
Wow! Amazing work! The question is how many hours I have played...
So I arrive, to a world beyond recognizing...

gonger

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2020, 03:23:29 pm »
Wow! Amazing work! The question is how many hours I have played...

The answer to this and many other questions lies here:
http://planeshift.teamix.org/myplane/

Same login as for the game. Have fun with it!

I still have two or three very busy weeks, and then will give it a go.

Awesome work!!! Thanks to all!

Gonger

Migg

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2020, 03:32:18 pm »
That image looks something awesome! This is some amazing work you are doing, and we are all grateful! Now if I can only get on Discord some day...

Uadjet

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2020, 06:41:59 pm »
Running around that new village is a lot of fun. It looks great, and it shows off some of what will be present in the rest of the game world like opening doors and swimming.

Damola

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2020, 04:52:02 am »

The answer to this and many other questions lies here:
http://planeshift.teamix.org/myplane/

I suggest always recommending the HTTPS URL:

https://planeshift.teamix.org/myplane/

This way passwords are transferred with TLS encryption to the server.

I'd love to make HTTPS mandatory, but last time I tried that, the main game website https://planeshift.it broke – probably due to still relying on HTTP to retrieve some content from planeshift.teamix.org. I hope that after Unreal port is completed, there is time to improve the infrastructure around PS.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2021, 06:16:36 am by Damola »
Love,
Damola