Author Topic: Please, dont whip the poor fishis anymore!  (Read 984 times)

Fayrene

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Please, dont whip the poor fishis anymore!
« on: May 04, 2021, 07:53:13 am »
hello dev-team,

would it be okay for you if you change the fishing-animation, please? because it really looks hilarious if you use the rod for whipping the poor fishis! just a minute ago i saw it by another player and laughed tooo much!   ;D

greetings fayrene

Migg

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Please, dont whip the poor fishis anymore!
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2021, 03:17:01 pm »
I have seen the animation (Migg is a fisherman on occasion) and believe the intent was to imitate a casting motion, albeit not very convincingly. I believe the frequency of casting needs to be greatly reduced, and interspersed with motions of pulling the line in and releasing, but when fishing the rod is mostly static, so only minor movement would be required. That may be something to consider for the PS Unreal animations.

Uadjet

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 10:01:26 pm by Uadjet »

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2021, 05:17:18 am »
would it be okay for you if you change the fishing-animation, please? because it really looks hilarious if you use the rod for whipping the poor fishis! just a minute ago i saw it by another player and laughed tooo much!   ;D

Excuse me, that is called fly-fishing and it's a very fine art.

"It's all fun and games until someone stabs someone else in the eye."

Migg

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2021, 04:30:12 pm »
Excuse me, that is called fly-fishing and it's a very fine art.

Indeed it is, but the way I understand it, you have to cast your line, then pull in the slack as it gets carried by the river, trying to lure a fish before you recast again. Something tells me that if you were to constantly cast, never letting the line rest, no fish would ever take your bait. The animation needs more variety to become more believable.

mohonin

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2023, 05:42:30 am »
Hey all and specially Fayrene, Now raise your hands and jump with joy and start dancing!! Because in this latest version of PlaneShift ver. named PSU 0.7.37 now NO more the fishes are whipped. Now you can throw bait from the Pole to your fishing pool and then pull back the reel to see if you have caught any fish or not!! :woot: Hehe!! Hurrah!! Yepiee!!! Cheers!!! isn't it?? All of you veterans, please come to Yliakum. There are many more interesting things, come come and have a look. And don't forget, Note down : - you can now Yell in 'Help Channel' and your yelling will be heard by people outside Yliakum in RL, and they may Log into Yliakum to help you. Expecting ya all in Yliakum, Thank you!!  \\o//