Author Topic: Client starting without sound  (Read 1211 times)

Seisese

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Client starting without sound
« on: June 29, 2021, 07:22:23 pm »
So I just installed planeshift after a long time. and I noticed I had no sound after starting the client. I remember that at the login screen there is music that plays but nothing I tried restarting the client then changing the sound renderer to software and then back to OpenAL still nothing. Mind you after all this I was still running in windowed mode with VBO off. So the next time I started the client I had fullscreen on VBO enabled and sound set to use software mode.
This time I got sound so I exited the game.
I turned VBO off and full screen off started the game again and I still got sound.
I then tried many other different combinations of settings and the only other time I got no sound is with the sound renderer set to  software. So I guess this bug may have been resolved by either flipping on VBO and off or entering fullscreen and then exiting. Was a bug that only happens after first installing?

Migg

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Client starting without sound
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2021, 02:08:22 pm »
Welcome to PS Seisese,

Was a bug that only happens after first installing?

It has been a very long time since I first installed PS, but I don't remember ever having this bug. Are you running PS on Windows, Mac or Linux?