Author Topic: Dev Q&A May 22nd, 2022  (Read 568 times)

Uadjet

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Dev Q&A May 22nd, 2022
« on: May 27, 2022, 10:24:32 pm »
Talad(Leader/Founder)
Eonwind(Rules)
Tuathanach(Rules)
Zunna (Rules/Settings)
Mordaan (Settings)
Venalan (Settings Lead)
Uadjet(GM Lead)
Emaline (GM Team)
Zweitholou (Art)

Uadjet says: Hello and welcome to the Developer's Q&A! This is an out-of-character meeting where you can hear about the development of the game and ask the Dev and GM teams any questions you might have. If you do have any questions, please line up at the lecterns in front of the stage.
Uadjet says: If there are no immediate questions, I'll start with what's going on behind the scenes.
Uadjet says: Since the new release of 7.19, Talad's mainly been doing bugfixing.
Damola says: Cool, that is also really important.
Holesod says: yeah
Uadjet says: He's getting a lot done, including fixing the collision errors that were preventing entry into the Laanx Dungeon, fixes for mounts, fixed special attacks, etc.
Migg says: I filed some bugs as petitions in PSU
Uadjet says: Ah, okay. I'll take a look at those.
Uadjet says: I did a little running around in PSU, and I can confirm that Raurim - the Dermorian tree village - Is in. It's not done, but it'll give you a taste of what's to come.
Holesod says: oooh that sounds fascinating
Migg says: PSU is huge, it is not easy to find all the places
>Holesod Sacerey nods at Migg Ellorean.
Migg says: I guess a compass would come in handy
Holesod says: yeah I like that idea
Uadjet says: For Raurim, it's on the Irifon River. From Hydlaa, just to to the river and turn left.
Migg says: Near the gobble village?
Uadjet says: Well past that.
Migg says: you did an event there :D
Uadjet says: I teleported to Jashoky and ran through the sky to get there, and it took a while.
Uadjet says: Yup!
Uadjet says: Treehouses are always fun!
Migg says: yes!
Holesod says: was somewhat reminded about the Channelwood age from Myst when I heard tree village
Uadjet says: Currently, it's one huge tree and surrounding buildings on the ground, but that could change.
Holesod says: that makes sense
Holesod says: so almost like a sacred tree?
Holesod says: or a monument?
Uadjet says: I don't know about sacred, but there are houses built in the branches.
Holesod says: oooh I see
Uadjet says: I didn't count how many, but there are a few huts up there.
Damola says: Cool, got to visit it.
Holesod says: indeed
Uadjet says: I haven't started making NPC's for it yet as I don't know how big it'll eventually be, but I'm thinking Dermorian, with some Klyros (they'd like treehouses), Nolthri (it's a river junction), and misc. others.
Migg says: I would say Stonehammers wouldn't like the heights, and would be prohibited from digging up the roots, but a few could still be smiths and such
Holesod says: heh I was thinking the same thing Migg
Uadjet says: There's going to be a Stonehammer town down the river from there.
Holesod says: safely on the ground I assume
Damola says: Maybe even into some rocks.
Holesod says: like a rock hovel?
Gonger says: Moria-like?
Uadjet says: Right by the edge, actually. If you're familiar with the area, the Irifon splits into to just a short distance before it goes over the edge. The resulting island has a ground level section, and a tall flat-topped hill. That is (I think) where Nauvhim is going.
Damola says: Well at least one Stonehammer city in lore is built quite deeply into a mountain, isn't it?
Gonger says: Oh, Tuathanach is online.
Uadjet says: Delving is underground, except for the surface village which is mainly there for farming and interacting with the other races.
Uadjet says: Redstone is in the Stone Labyrinths...
Damola says: Yeah, I thought about Delving.
Uadjet says: And the Pillars of Felim is build into the outer wall of the second level . I think.
Damola says: Haha, I give my laptop. Running PSUnreal concurrently. :)
Uadjet says: I'm not sure that's where the Pillars of Felim are. Maybe I just built that image in my own mind. :)
Uadjet says: Oh! I found it! "The Stonebreaker clan settled on the second level and began carving a city into the wall. The city was called Pillars of Felim. Felim in their language means Joy."
Uadjet says: And from the sounds of things in the Dev channel, Tua is doing fixes right now so may be coming in and out. :)
Migg wonders how Uadjet manages to fit all the books of Yliakum in his pockets
Damola says: Uadjet has fit quite some lore into his mind.
Uadjet says: I did run a search through the game's books, but the info was actually on the main page for the Stonehammer race on Planeshift.it. Who'd think to look there? ;)
Uadjet says: But as mentioned, work is underway with adding NPC's to the new areas. There's someone else working on Delver with me (don't know their in-game name), and they're quite good. Really imaginative. I'm also re-rewriting the lockpicking quests, now that I've found more tutorials on lockpicking. I want to incorporate that info into the quest.
Uadjet says: And yes, I'm sure I'm now on a law enforcement watchlist due to search for lockpicking info.
Holesod says: uh oh
Migg says: hehe was this SF small story that talked about a future where customs entered your name and saw what search results Google would suggest for you
Gonger says: We will send you books and music to prison. And food.
Uadjet says: I even searched for different types of lockpicks. I'm not sure if the FBI would take "I only wanted the images" as an excuse.
Holesod says: hmm
Holesod says: why not look up hairpins?
Migg says: medieval locks should have been a lot easier to pick
Uadjet says: I was also looking up picks for warded locks, which are easier to pick.
Holesod says: ahh ok
Damola looks concerned and looks to Gonger "Shall be be concerned about the safety of our GM?"
Damola chuckles
Uadjet says: Pin & Tumbler locks are what the world has now. They're more advanced, but they've been around in some form for thousands of years.
Holesod looks at Damola, "I concur"
Uadjet says: Ancient Egypy had them, though in simpler form.
Uadjet says: And we do have clever Lemurs and Stonehammers running around.
Uadjet says: I mean... The Winch.
Uadjet says: If they can build that...
Holesod says: hmm
Holesod says: any of them with good hearing? I think that might be something to consider too as part of an inate ability
Damola says: Well from what I read recently, I concur that it is not completely certain on how advanced past civilizations on this Earth have been. Some might have been quite a bit more advanced than we think.
Holesod says: hearing and dexterity I think...
Migg says: I thought they would generally build mechanisms bigger, hadn't actually researched things
Migg says: Good thing is I am only looking for locks :D
Uadjet says: So those two quests are being redone. I'm going to return to work on the 3D lock model after. With luck, I'll be able to turn that into a minigame for lockpicking. I'll probably need help though, given that the first step for me will be Googling "How to create minigames in Unreal"
Migg says: Speaking of minigames, is the minigame in the tavern in Oja going to be ported?
Uadjet says: Yup.
Uadjet says: I'll have to check to see if it's working yet, but I don't think it is.
Holesod says: seems like I will have to take a look at that tavern again Migg haha
Holesod says: never noticed it before
Migg says: you need two to play that one
Holesod says: ohh
Holesod says: wait yes I have played it before
Holesod says: at the tables right?
Migg says: yes
Uadjet says: So, any questions?
Damola says: There could be a day in PSUnreal again, I run around in circles in that darkness there
Damola says: No Q
Holesod says: everything seemed straightforward to me
Uadjet says: Okay. In that case we can bring the meeting to a close. Thank you all for coming, and I'll see you at the next meeting in two weeks!
Gonger says: Not in Three weeks only?
Uadjet says: Three weeks.
Uadjet says: You're correct.
Gonger says: Great minds think alike.
Uadjet says: I was just checking that. :)
Damola says: Okay… thanks for meeting and update!
Migg says: Thank you for the updates and everything!
Migg says: Good night!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2022, 10:27:21 pm by Uadjet »