Author Topic: Minimum Requirements and how to get them  (Read 1259 times)

gonger

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Minimum Requirements and how to get them
« on: February 13, 2023, 04:37:52 pm »
Greetings to all!
Disclaimer: I do not claim any special knowledge about gaming hardware. My post is only meant to start a thread to help to those who are in (hardware) trouble after the move to PS Unreal. So please do correct my mistakes, show alternatives, and present ideas of your own!
Let's help our friends!

The minimum requirements listed on the PS website are these:

Windows 10, CPU Intel Core2Duo 3.0Ghz e8400
GeForce Gtx 650 Ti 2Gb card
4Gb RAM , HDD space 15Gb

I am running PS on a six year old PC smoothly and with the highest settings:

Windows 10, 8 Intel Core i7-6700 3.40Ghz
GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
16Gb RAM

My PC is well above the minimum requirements but far from being a high end machine.

I made some very quick search for roughly equivalent machines, and found this one for 277 Euros:

https://tinyurl.com/bdfrr3wh

Windows 11, Intel Core i5 6500 Quad Core
Intel UHD Graphics
16 GB DDR4 RAM

Please note that this is only an example, NOT a purchasing recommendation!!! But, unless I am totally mistaken (and, again, do tell if I am!), this example shows that it may be less expensive to play PSU than you think.
I am sure others can and will present better ideas.
Even though I speak only of Windows PCs here, of course suggestions for Linux or Mac users with problems are most welcome, too. But especially for Mac users a small PC might be a good solution.

Thank you for helping our friends!

Gonger
« Last Edit: February 13, 2023, 04:51:50 pm by gonger »

Migg

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Minimum Requirements and how to get them
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2023, 05:02:58 pm »
In my case it runs properly in Linux on a pretty old laptop with a dedicated GTX 660M, so if you have discreet graphics chances are it will work on pretty old hardware.

Damola

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Minimum Requirements and how to get them
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2023, 02:33:42 pm »
With integrated graphics it needs something newer than Intel Sandybridge on Linux, cause there is no Vulkan driver support for Sandybridge.

I managed to play PSUnreal on a ThinkPad L560 with integrated Intel graphics of that ThinkPad model, but it was quite slow. With AMD Ryzen 4750 Pro from a ThinkPad T14 AMD Gen 1, a somewhat more recent ThinkPad model, PSUnreal works satisfactory. It is between 25 to 60 FPS on Full HD, but not with all graphics settings at maximum. 25 FPS would be a tad bit slow still, but definitely playable.

What I have found that even with slow FPS latency seems to be pretty good.

So yeah, for older laptops you better have dedicated graphics.
Love,
Damola