Author Topic: Frustrating Start  (Read 647 times)

Wiff77

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Frustrating Start
« on: November 14, 2023, 09:50:37 am »
I saw a couple of videos on YouTube and decided to give the game a try. It looks very interesting and I liked the character creation and the character I made.

And then I was put in to a glowing space maze where I had to jump around like Mario and quickly find some portals before they close. I failed at this more than once, but after 20 minutes or so I stumbled my way through it...

Just to end up in another maze. I ran through caves for another 20 minutes, found several talking heads and then got lost and ended up back at the beginning. I tried several more times and could not find an exit. I quit and left my character there to die of starvation.

Seriously, I mean this with all due respect, as I do respect the work you've all put in to this, but this is just really frustrating. I have to think I'm not the only one that the double mazes has defeated.

I don't really understand why I wasn't put in the starting town like the people in the YouTube videos.  If there is a way to skip this, please let me know and I'll start a new character.

P.S. Making me read through the lore to find the color of the sun just to post on the forum?

Wiff77

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Re: Frustrating Start
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2023, 10:52:39 am »
I went back in this morning and after another 25 minutes or so, I somehow stumbled upon the exit. It was so fast that I'm not sure what even happened, but I thought I was at a dead-end and suddenly I zoned out. I think every time I saw it before I turned around thinking there was nothing that way.

Honestly, if I wasn't so stubborn, I would have quit and uninstalled. You may want to reconsider making new players go through 2 mazes before they can do anything.

Damola

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2023, 10:21:52 am »
Dear Wiff77,

I hear you. And yes, it has been discussed. Both in the forum and in the bug tracker. I hope there will be improvements regarding new player experience.

But as you made it through, be invited to Saturday's events. Currently our GM is in the process to obtain a new computer, but we still have some player event going.

Also feel free to ask for help in game. I hope at least sometimes some other players are around. Saturday's and Sunday's evening, European time, there are usually some people around.
Love,
Damola

Seytra

• Forum Addict
  • No system can compensate lack of common sense.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2024, 11:17:35 pm »
I don't really understand why I wasn't put in the starting town like the people in the YouTube videos.  If there is a way to skip this, please let me know and I'll start a new character.
I think the videos are of the legacy, now discontinued game. I think the current, UE Version has this "Dryken Plane" that you described instead. IMO that would have better been used as replacement for the Death Realm. I got thrown off by that, too, when I tried to return to PS last year or so, and since I don't recall the second maze you describe, I likely never got as far as you did!
P.S. Making me read through the lore to find the color of the sun just to post on the forum?
Yeah, there used to be a time when SPAM bots/slaves heavily targeted forums and the Mods could barely keep up with them, so that system has been implemented on several sites. Given the disuse forums see nowadays, these measures may or may not be necessary. XigmaNAS also still uses it, but they're a very reclusive bunch, anyway.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2024, 11:21:01 pm by Seytra »