Author Topic: In memory of Uadjet  (Read 527 times)

Talad

  • Administrator
  • Hydlaa Notable
  • *
  • Posts: 823
    • View Profile
In memory of Uadjet
« on: September 22, 2026, 09:47:19 am »
 I have no words to express my grief and sorrow. I was contacted by Uadjet’s family, and they informed me that he passed away on Saturday. The exact cause is still to be determined, but it appears to have been a heart attack. He was 53 years old, and his real name was Chris.

His main player account was created on 19 February 2010, and he spent 18,243 hours playing as Gova, his last login was 14th September 2026. His Game Master account was created on 8 April 2015, and he last logged into the game on 16 September 2026. He spent more than 7,000 hours on his GM account as well. It is an incredible amount of time, and it warms my heart a little to think about how much joy our game gave him and how deeply he felt part of this project.

He has been part of our community for more than 15 years, and he gave the community thousands of hours of fun, friendship, and storytelling. Over more than a decade, he organized and ran hundreds of in-game events, roleplaying dozens of different characters and writing countless stories.

Here is a picture of his GM character in the courthouse, along with a picture of his main player character Gova.

I have no words to express how much I miss him already.

Farewell, dear friend. I’m sure that wherever you are, you can feel our love.





gonger

  • Hydlaa Citizen
  • *
  • Posts: 350
    • View Profile
Re: In memory of Uadjet
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2026, 09:56:52 am »
Rest in Peace, my friend.

You will be missed, and remembered.

You all travel safely!

Gonger

gonger

  • Hydlaa Citizen
  • *
  • Posts: 350
    • View Profile
Re: In memory of Uadjet
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2026, 06:24:36 pm »
Talad put a statue of Uadjet on the upper floor of the Arena, and we are holding a Wake for Uadjet.
I did not  manage to insert an image, but this link to our subred should work:
https://www.reddit.com/r/planeshiftrpg/comments/1wne9bg/remembering_uadjet/
« Last Edit: September 22, 2026, 06:29:18 pm by gonger »

Damola

  • Hydlaa Citizen
  • *
  • Posts: 249
    • View Profile
Re: In memory of Uadjet
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2026, 12:45:35 pm »
It is with deep sadness that I write these lines.

I only learned yesterday about it.

Here is my entry to the book "To Our Friend":


Quote

I just learned that you, Chris-Gova-Uadjet are gone. It comes as a shock. I remember all the RP I had with you, Gova. I may not remember every detail of every single event you came up with that I attended. But I remember how much fun I had. We had. And I still remember nights where it was so exciting to go after some crazy evildoer and restore balance to Yliakum. Nights were crossing midnight did not matter at all to me.

I am remembering once again what the master of time said in Momo, also known as The Grey Gentlemen or The Men in Grey, a fantasy novel by Michael Ende, roughly translated from what I remember from the German edition: "If people knew what death really is they would not be afraid of it".

I know you are still around. Just in a different form. Be well, my friend. Be well.

With Love,
Damola


Maybe these words can give some comfort to you when you read them.

I want to share some of the fond memories I have from during or after events hosted by Uadjet.

First of there has been completely unfounded rumors that Damola occasionally borrowed Pterosaurs ;D :



I am still so glad Uadjet was good with that. He let us get away with a lot of friendly mischief we came up with.

And then some of the other events I documented from the point of view of Damola:


Of course this is just a glympse on some of the earlier events. There have been countless more. Please review the subreddit authored by Gonger for all of the more recent events. Thanks Gonger for doing all these event summaries. And surely there are more posts about events hosted by Uadjet here in the forum.

Maybe if you have a fond memory and if you feel like it, share it here.

I still remember of Gova generously giving valuable items including self-crafted excellent armor to anyone who shared a joke or a story with him. Sometimes Damola guided characters of new players to him as he stood by his stall on the market place in Hydlaa East to help them get some good equipment.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2026, 01:36:24 pm by Damola »
Love,
Damola

Migg

  • Hydlaa Citizen
  • *
  • Posts: 225
    • View Profile
Re: In memory of Uadjet
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2026, 07:28:17 pm »
This news was a shock to us all, making us feel like we lost not one, but two friends at once. Both in his capacity as a GM, and as a player, Chris was always there to asist, roleplay and help us advance in lore. He made everyone feel welcome, lent a hand when anyone asked, weaved hundreds of stories both in events and in-game roleplaying, and made us all eagerly await the hours we'd spend in the world in Yliakum.

My deepest sympathy go to his family, as I offer my condolences on their great loss. We will never forget Uadjet and Gova, whom we so dearly miss.

Migg

Daevaorn

  • Hydlaa Resident
  • *
  • Posts: 50
    • View Profile
Re: In memory of Uadjet
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2026, 10:20:41 pm »
Quote
Farewell, old friend, and thank you for your tireless creation of inventive stories and events for all of us to enjoy. You truly made Yliakum a more lively place and you will be missed dearly.
May the light frighten the shadows from your path onwards! --Daevaorn

I propose at some point to have another event in Uadjet's memory: For all the "footprints" his events left on the map of Yliakum I think it would be really nice to have a visual collection of the structures and buildings he created as a backdrop to his countless stories. How about we take one Saturday night to scout the map for all his creations and take screenshots which we can put onto custom drawings and collect them in a nice chest at the foot of the statue?

gonger

  • Hydlaa Citizen
  • *
  • Posts: 350
    • View Profile
Re: In memory of Uadjet
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2026, 11:42:01 am »
New information from the obituary page:
The funeral service will be held on Monday, October 19, 2PM.

That corresponds to 21h00 in CEST (Germany, Luxembourg, etc). I invite everybody to meet at Uadjet's statue at that time.

You all take care!

Gonger