Author Topic: Mogura's Top 30 Newbie Questions Answered Here!  (Read 70362 times)

Moogie

• Forum Legend
  • Artist/Flash Animator
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2003, 11:06:21 am »
Fei: There are 3 view modes- 1st Person, 3rd Person and Camera. Press the M key to toggle between them.

SiO

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2003, 09:44:24 am »
thx for the advice

pkytty

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Big time thank you
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2003, 04:15:19 am »
Thank you very much moogie... i am new to this game and thus far i am waiting on pins and needles for the crystal blue release.... the information you parted with helped me alot and for that thank you.... but i do have one question that you did not cover..... where the blue blazes do i find the update since i am wondering if that will help with my computer problems.... i run a amd athlon MMX 3D now 900 mhz.....510mb of ram....Radeon 7200 (qd) Rev 1.... not that you probably wish to know that *laughs* but hey i kept seeing everyone else saying what they had so i thought what the heck why not..... i was just wondering if my system will handle it or the lag and the kicks are because it\'s not good enough....oh yeah .... i run windows 98se....what i thought of a quick thank you turned out to be a book *laughs*... so can you direct a pooooooooor kytty to the location of the update it would be most appreciated

again thank you Moogie for the assist

pkytty

Moogie

• Forum Legend
  • Artist/Flash Animator
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2003, 12:07:28 pm »
You can get the update by running the program called Updater.exe, found in your main PlaneShift directory. This will check for new versions and download any files you need.

pkytty

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2003, 08:07:02 pm »
oh my i feel foolish now thanks a heap Mogura *grins* i found it lol
pkytty

Axsyrus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2003, 02:19:15 pm »
uhmm.. mogura, could you maybe make this thread a bit larger and flashy, with all kinds of bright colors.
n00bs can\'t find this thread yet...

EDIT: thank you acriag ^_^
« Last Edit: November 02, 2003, 03:33:32 pm by Axsyrus »

Axsyrus the Azure - Ruler of the Winds
Member of The Arcane Order\'s Council

Boldstorm

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2003, 01:53:53 pm »
Just wanted to say thanks alot for posting this. As yet another newbie this helps out greatly. Just wanted to put my thank yous in.

JSnoob

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
About the people
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2003, 06:39:33 am »
Just want to know something about the people. Is there many people playing in the game and will the game be laggy at times?

lynx_lupo

• Veteran
  • Sorbus aria!
    • View Profile
    • Linux pri nas
(No subject)
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2003, 07:43:29 am »
4-30 in these days. More will play when CB(next release) comes out(soon). \"Lag\" is inevitable.
"Amor sceleratus habendi"- Ovid
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you eat them." -Godzilla

Phantazee

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2003, 09:50:36 pm »
Just wanted to say thanks for all the time and effort you have put into this. I?m not only new to PS but I?m new to online gaming as well (unless you count pogo). I think this a wonderful opportunity to see how a game such as this will evolve. I do have a few questions yet, but will read more before I ask! Thanks again for all the wonderful info.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2003, 09:51:12 pm by Phantazee »

JSnoob

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Graphics
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2003, 06:36:30 am »
From 1 - 10, how many points you give for the graphics?
Also 1 - 10, how interesting is the game?

Infalna

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2003, 11:38:34 am »
Hiya~
As you can see I\'m a super noob. ^^ I just wanna say thanks to Mogura.. that was a great help. I am still in the process of DLing the whole thing, but I have tried to read everthing that I can read in the site and I\'m very excited to try the game myself! Those tips would definately help me not to bother most players in asking overly-asked questions so that\'s a good thing. Great to know that I wont be pissing people off with noob questions..... that much. :D Okay for my first question, when can I call you moogie? ;)
Wow does this thing really take so long to DL..? I hope it\'s not just my slow connection. :(

Okay I blabbed too much.. Cheers~!

elscouta

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2003, 11:45:59 am »
Wow, someone who reads the FAQ! :)

*** tries to found the welcome smiley but fails ***

Welcome to PS! 8)

If you want to ask questions to Mogura, if they are PS-related, post them in Newbie Help, as a moderator, she often read this section.

PS is big and will be even bigger for the next release (x2). But currently, you don\'t need too much bandwidth to play it (the lag is caused by 3d engine).
High Loremaster of the Arcane Order.

Moogie

• Forum Legend
  • Artist/Flash Animator
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2003, 12:01:50 pm »
JSnoob: I\'d give graphics a 9, and 10 for potentially interesting. I say potentially because there\'s many things that will be implemented in the future, but there\'s not much to do right now.

Infalna: Welcome to PS. :) I\'m glad this was useful to you. Don\'t be afraid to ask players online, there\'s always someone willing to lend a helping hand. Hope the downloads speed up for ya. ;)

Infalna

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2003, 08:47:44 pm »
Actually, I really did read the FAQ.. *embarrased*

It\'s nice to finally find an online game that doest shoot down noobs at first sight. :D Thanks for the warm welcome guys, and I will ask questions Elscouta and Mogura... and will try not to make a fool out of myself in the process. ;)