Author Topic: Different skins  (Read 979 times)

Talad

• Administrator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Different skins
« on: January 06, 2002, 04:19:28 pm »
THIS MESSAGE IS TAKEN FROM OLD BOARD:

Thekkur
                            posted 08-10-2001 10:40 GMT        

Ow please let there be many different skins per race in this game! One major source of irritation in other MMORPG\'s is that there
                         are seldom more than 1 or two skins available for a certain race... everybody looks the same then, and this looks really crappy.
                         Maybe it is possible to add some variables like haircolor, cothing color(divided in top/bottom), beard/nobeard and even skincolor. I
                         know it takes up a lot of bandwith, but I prefer different characters above more players! (I mean, 200 people in game is also a lot.)

Thekkur
    lpancallo
    PS Director
                            posted 09-10-2001 20:01 GMT            

Yes, this is a planned feature. Having the ability to change at least hair color, beard color and eyes color is our first target.

Face traits and cloths will follow even if I am not yet sure of those.
    k3nshin
                            posted 10-10-2001 04:00 GMT            

ummm... Eyes? i doubt with the graphics no would could see the eyes unless the skins are 1000x1000 ...
    Thekkur
                            posted 10-10-2001 11:06 GMT            

maybe the characters have HUGE eyes?  
                         I don\'t mind playing a beholder...

Thekkur
    PS Official Member
                            posted 12-10-2001 05:20 GMT            

Also, another planned item is the fact you may play as average, slight, or robust character sizes, giving variations in that way as
                         well.
    Thekkur
                            posted 12-10-2001 12:22 GMT            

cool... and that will depend on your character class? It seems a little weird if a fighter is thin and muscle-less and a rogue is as
                         big as a house!  

Thekkur