Author Topic: Sewers& rooftops  (Read 1802 times)

Lenric

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Sewers& rooftops
« on: February 22, 2002, 09:38:23 am »
Ok with all the talk about how were gonna stop the bad guys.I think we should give them a few things first and foremost for thieves and hired killers.
They need ways to get away from the law.And us other do gooders.
What im thinking is of course a sewer system for starters with access chutes and grates here and there all over the city.
Also there could be certain areas in the sewers that could be set up as certain peoples guild houses.With secret doors leading to and from there.
As the farther you went into these sewers you would access other caves that would have creatures down in.
Another idea that i would think would be great would be climbing to rooftops from up above you can see down a few different streets and allys.
So you could spy upon certain people plus use it as a get away from the authorities.
Also perhaps there could be crates and such lying around that you could duck into and hide.
people after you would have to use more than Im the good guy heheh im gonna get you tactics,they would have to be careful not to lose you.
And say some bad guy is trying to kill you but your to weak to fight why run down that ally and ..hmm where did he go the roof the sewer or perhaps that door ...better check the crate.
By not evening using a skill such as hide in shadows you can hide and get away ..sometimes....

meket

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2002, 09:56:43 am »
ya there should be some sort of thing to aid the \'bad guys\'...but i mean...its a big hole in the ground with no way out..cant really run to far...ya know?

i dunno i lack imagination and cant really add to what uve said..i dunno how or waht..but they shouldnt have all the cards stacked against them..as seems to be atm.

Nightbird

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2002, 10:43:05 am »
I definitely agree, especially with the idea of roof tops; sewers would be pretty cool too, but that would be A LOT more mapping.
----------
Not all those who wander are lost.

ninkwi njadro

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2002, 11:08:01 am »
sewers mappping?? what is there to map about in a sewer?? it\'s a tunnel with grey walls and some water?? U make a few textures and a tunnel I like the idea esspecially the rooftops that\'s cool just like in FF

Montenegro

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2002, 02:57:44 pm »
He means the actual tunner layout, not the texture maps.  You know, tunner A branches to tunnels B,C,D,E,F,G,H which branch to B,H,J,K,P,O,T  etc.
All right you primitive screwheads!  Listen up!

Kerrick

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2002, 03:10:51 pm »
I think it\'s an awesome idea, personally. Imagine having a running battle across the rooftops, jumping across alleys, running the risk of falling at every step. Or wading chest-deep in water through the sewers, with giant rats, lizards, and probably a few other nasties around. That would be an excellent place for the thieves and assassins to hang, and a good way to get around the city unnoticed. Plus it would be a good training ground for low-level characters.
There is a world in which I am alone.
A world which nobody can enter.
A world which nobody can know.
This is my world.

- Anonymous.

Dumb Woob

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2002, 04:48:51 pm »
i like this idea too, and it would really go along well if there was an alignment system... if you have a evil alignment the sewer guards let you in, if you have a good alignment they attack you when you try to get in...

ninkwi njadro

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2002, 04:17:32 am »
but how will U do that?? do U choose evil or good?? at one point. personaly I think this should graduately come while playin the game just like in B&W!!

Kada-El

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2002, 04:32:11 am »
Originally posted by ninkwi njadro
personaly I think this should graduately come while playin the game

I agree, I think it would be great if all your actions in the PS world affected your allignment and reputation (if we end up having such things).

You could have advantages and disadvantages for each allignment and at varying levels. For example, some of the more tricky escape routes talked about here (nice idea btw Lenric :) )would only be available to very evilly alligned players.

meket

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2002, 11:23:18 pm »
but then what if a very evil alligned players changes his way and becomes good..then some bag guy starts stuff with him....runs into a secret sewer or whatever that which this prevously aligned player already knows about...and where it leads too. then simply heads him off...

Dumb Woob

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2002, 12:55:50 am »
i like b&ws alignment system, it should work like that...

Lenric

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2002, 08:18:13 am »
I also believe alignments should go the way>that your character does I think reputation points are a great idea Kada-El kinda like Baldurs gate.
There alignments didnt work quite like that but i see where your going.
With a point system reputation could go up and down depending on what you did in game.

But i dont know about voting ,I know some people are already abusing your karma points at the BBB forum.

By creating new characters and having them vote.

In the game perhaps there would be sins and virtues or something.Also if we wanted to keep voting lvl limits as well as time ones would be required.

That way say someone did something really nice or awful to you you could raise or lower there rep a point.

I think perhaps it would be better if reputation worked like that and say for every 10 -20 points or so either way your alignment is decided.
Of course you still gotta think of all the people that will abuse this ....
anyways back to the subject.
I disagree with having dumb guards standing outside saying you may not enter.If there were such guards the good guards of the city would come and kill them...now as to the guilds setting up there own guards that might be acceptable...also if there was a secret way in and if you werent a member perhaps something drastic might happen to you.

Tearlach t'an Ailech fin Leros

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2002, 02:22:49 pm »
Calling it reputation is wrong I think, it would be better too call it sonething else like just alignment, only that it works like reputation, reputation is only a measure of how Known you are, like a really evil person might have killed some known and good persons or made some other drastic thing that makes the ordinary people notice him, therefore he gets a high reputation, on the other side his alignment might be lawful evil cause he is a person ho abides some laws that is rather evil.
Of course people with a high reputation often gets discounts in stores, if they are evil they gets them due to that the owner fears for his life and if it\'s a good person he gets it cause he\'s a champion of the people, a good person might get food and such things for free cause people wants to be connected to him/her in some sort of way, evil people on the other side must often demand such services cause no one likes evil people (those that are evil bands together too abuse eachother not for the friendship).
People who have a neutral alignment but a high reputation are often borderliners, they get things from both of the ways.
Join The Order Of The Hand .
The rules are being updated, mail me if you are interested in knowing them.
\"Down in their hearts, wise men know this truth: the only way to help yourself is to help others.\"
Never take life seriously; nobody gets out alive anyway.

ninkwi njadro

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2002, 02:51:25 pm »
but how is this point system suposed to work?? If U pk U become evil?? this shouldn\'t be so!! U could kill some1 for a good reason and not necisarily be evil. U could do this to only deduct points if U kill evil people. but evil people shouldn\'t necisarily be bad people there has to be evil. there is no good without evil. and if U kill someone who isn\'t evil!! but does u wrong. maybe a good guy turning bad!! who steals from U killin him wouldn\'t mean u are evil so this is very hard to program!

meket

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2002, 07:31:19 pm »
if u are  good aligned...and u kill soemthing bad aligned...u become more good aligned...

if u bad aligned and u kill good alighned u become more evil aligned..not complicated ninja turle.