Author Topic: Sewers& rooftops  (Read 1803 times)

Tearlach t'an Ailech fin Leros

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2002, 10:06:55 am »
And if you have an alignment of say -20 (that means an alignment of 20 for a evil character) and kills someone with -40 you get a better alignment but if you kills someone with -15 you get a worse alignment since he\'s a nicer guy than you, if you kills someone with an good alignment you always get worse alignment... if someone attacks you and you kills him in self defence your alignment does not change and if he\'s more evil than you you gets a better alignment.
Join The Order Of The Hand .
The rules are being updated, mail me if you are interested in knowing them.
\"Down in their hearts, wise men know this truth: the only way to help yourself is to help others.\"
Never take life seriously; nobody gets out alive anyway.

ninkwi njadro

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2002, 10:12:16 am »
this sux

caus if some1 with an alignement of 40 would kill some1 with 20 he will get better?? caus the 40 is better (in the sense of good and evil better is good worse is evil) and how will U decide if something is selfdefence?? this is really difficult!!

personally i think it should be this way

if an evil player kills a good player he gets more evil! and if a good player kills a evil player he gets more good

BUT U are evil if your alignement is below 0 and you are good if it\'s above 0!

caus if a 40 alignement kills a 20 he kills a good guy so sorry Tearlach t\'an Ailech fin Leros but your idea just won\'t work!!

AND OFCOURSE if a -40 kills a -20 he will get better (wich is not good for him) cause a -20 is evil too so evil won\'t kill evil and good won\'t kill good.

it could be just like an evil player always gets more evil with every kill!

but why just base the alignement on kills?? a player can be very evil but kill no1 maybe the sins and virtuees are a good idea but they have to be worked out properly!

« Last Edit: February 25, 2002, 10:19:32 am by ninkwi njadro »

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2002, 10:20:42 am »
the person who swings the weapon first is the attacker, to retaliate against him is to defend yourself.
And yes if you kill someone who is nicer than you, you get worse alignment cause he is a good person compared to you.

Edit:
Once evil, always evil.
This system will work fine, we can then add up a virtues system to get it even nicer (or worse).

And as I wrote in my former post if you kill someone with a good alignment you get a worse alignment.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2002, 10:27:20 am by Tearlach t'an Ailech fin Leros »
\"Down in their hearts, wise men know this truth: the only way to help yourself is to help others.\"

ninkwi njadro

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2002, 10:26:49 am »
yes but what if U are 40 and U kill someone whos 20?? the 20 is a good guy too!!

ps. please come to the irc channel so we don\'t have 2 spam the sh*t outta this forum!!

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2002, 10:31:46 am »
I\'m in planeshift on dalnet, go there.
And read my posts agian.

David_HD

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2002, 05:36:48 am »
Okay, guards to the sewers spontaniously knowing your alignment is just wrong. Now, guards just down the passage behind the secret door into the theives layer who\'ll attack you if you don\'t give them the right sign, or even just if they don\'t recognize you...

Nothing mundane should be based directly upon your alignment. And hey, you can always bluff, right?

To Tearlach t\'an Ailech fin Leros: By \"reputation\" I think what is meant is not how much of a reputation you have, but what you have a reputation for.