Author Topic: Notification  (Read 556 times)

lynx_lupo

• Veteran
  • Sorbus aria!
    • View Profile
    • Linux pri nas
Notification
« on: November 08, 2003, 05:54:03 am »
Am I blind (again) or you can\'t disable topic notifications? It\'s annoying that they come for each post, so they can block your email account if you\'re not here every 2 days! X(
"Amor sceleratus habendi"- Ovid
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you eat them." -Godzilla

lynx_lupo

• Veteran
  • Sorbus aria!
    • View Profile
    • Linux pri nas
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2003, 07:07:38 am »
Found a half-good solution. How come I can\'t delete my own post?  <- new request. Isn\'t good to let people delete their posts if they\'re still last?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2003, 07:11:47 am by lynx_lupo »
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you eat them." -Godzilla

Moogie

• Forum Legend
  • Artist/Flash Animator
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2003, 09:13:29 am »
People might delete their posts to be annoying, or delete things and then blame it on a moderator if they\'re pissed off. It\'s not a good idea, I think.

You can just edit your post and remove the text, and if one of us sees it we\'ll delete it for you.

And on the original topic: I\'ve never used this feature myself, but I\'ve not heard of people having problems with it before. Perhaps your browser settings are stopping the change from taking effect? *shrug*

What was your solution?

lynx_lupo

• Veteran
  • Sorbus aria!
    • View Profile
    • Linux pri nas
blah
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2003, 09:17:01 am »
in the FAQ it states 2 solutions:
- apparently all notified topics get into your favourite folder. NOT. Only the ones I put in manually are and their background is black! So, nothing here...

- unsubscribe when you receive the mail. This one works, but it can be too late. I\'ll rather not use notification anymore.

not needed anymore due to the new forums.   --neko
« Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 06:46:29 pm by neko kyouran »