Author Topic: Outcasts (another PK discussion)  (Read 3084 times)

Kiern

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2002, 03:20:58 pm »
i agree with hiana except if you have hired guards and they see you get killed by someone they have to go somewhere to report it, giving the killer time to get out of town before he is found so he cant really be and outcast , although he  shouldnt be going back into the town for some time or he would be caught
« Last Edit: January 19, 2002, 03:24:04 pm by Kiern »

Kerrick

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2002, 03:45:11 pm »
I agree with Hiana - you should be able to attack/kill other players or NPCs in certain areas that are \"out of sight\" of the city watch. That way, you could have those \"back alleys\" where you don\'t want to go alone at night, or the dive down by the waterfront where the brawls break out every night. Be able to play an assassin or something like that and kill people in town would add a lot to RPing.
  I don\'t think that the hired guards would leave the scene to report the murder - if they were worth their pay at all, they would attempt to capture and/or kill the person who killed their employer. That is, after all, what they\'re paid to do. One of them could yell for the Watch, or go for help, but the other(s) would attack the attacker.
There is a world in which I am alone.
A world which nobody can enter.
A world which nobody can know.
This is my world.

- Anonymous.

Kiern

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2002, 03:50:16 pm »
ah yes, good point

but what if you only hired one? would you rather them fight the person and maybe die, in which the killer goes free, able to run aroudn the city and kill more or run for help? maybe you could have this choice when you hire them

meket

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2002, 05:28:02 pm »
maybe u should be able to adjust that at any given point.
cept ya know....when ur dead. :evil:

Kiern

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2002, 05:38:26 pm »
OR you could have a smart NPC that judges whether or not he can beat him (like a newbie tries to kill you when sleeping) if the guard was  a higher level he could beat him so he takes charge and whoops the pk\'ing guy, and if this is a higher level he runs for help (which of course could be changeable anytime you like)

meket

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2002, 07:28:47 pm »
that all sounds good man,but be realistic. all these people are volenteers i think. and i imagine with limited abilityies. that kind of stuff jsut seems liek askin for too much.
i say forget the \'smart guard\' or whutever adn jsut stick with say u can buy one of 2 type of guard the one that goes crieng to teh guards and the more loyal guy. the wussy one shoudl cost less.

Kerrick

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2002, 03:37:05 pm »
That actually wouldn\'t be hard to do - about on a par with making a computer-controlled Blackjack dealer (hit on 16, stand on 17). If the guard(s) level(s) are greater than the killers\', then they attack. If not, they flee. Simple enough. This is, of course, even assuming we CAN hire guards. Which, IMO, might be a little hard, because then you\'d have computer controlled NPCs following you around everywhere and taking your orders, and THAT might be a little hard to program. I\'d say leave the guards to the rich/powerful NPCs, and let the players fend for themselves.
It would detract from the \"community thing\" if everyone could simply hire half a dozen guards - none of the players would group together to go adventuring, because they wouldn\'t need to.
This is my world.

- Anonymous.

Dwinney

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2002, 08:28:50 am »
Well said! :))
When our hearts both beat in time,
There\'s magic in your smile,
It seems there\'s nothing we can\'t do.

And within your warm embrace,
My heart will find a place,
Even from afar,
Our love forever shall be, destiny.

Excerpt from L2EB  

hiana

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2002, 03:53:56 pm »
I would wish for the ability to stalk around in the darker parts of the city unoticed.

-2 drunks is in the wrong place (no guards, dark etc.... feel the environment turn hostile)

this will give alot of possibilities;

-plain murder, if noone can report a murder, the murder walks free. An assasin would have the ability to mask their identity, so the victim will never know who killed him in any way, unless the killler say so to the victim.

-stun/rob, knocking a drunk unconscious shouldn?t be a problem if the assasin/robber knows where to hit (another skill choice)

-stalk/follow unnoticed, stealth and victims perception. Perhaps I want to make a burglar later, when he is not home or just want to sneak up behind before knoking them uncounscious, alot of bonuses from the environment here, dark after all...

Kiern

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2002, 05:46:53 pm »
well, i meant the guards thing to be for \"important\" people, like people that are the head of the city  or the richest, guards wouldnt be cheap at all......you dont see guards with normal people but is there guards at bill gate\'s house? yes, guards at the president\'s house? yes

sorry should have made clearer what i was talking about

Dwinney

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2002, 05:48:42 am »
If there is murder, sooner or later, there might be hi-lvl assasins walking around stabbing and killing people and taking their items.

I like the other two ideas, tho! :))

Even from afar,

Excerpt from L2EB  

Tearlach t'an Ailech fin Leros

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2002, 08:11:58 am »
Well, you must all remember that there won\'t be classes just skills, that means that if we employ the assasin skills everyone could take those abilities and then walk around happily killing everyone without the guards doing anything
Join The Order Of The Hand .
The rules are being updated, mail me if you are interested in knowing them.
\"Down in their hearts, wise men know this truth: the only way to help yourself is to help others.\"
Never take life seriously; nobody gets out alive anyway.

Kerrick

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2002, 05:23:18 pm »
That\'s a valid point. But, having role-played assassins (notice I said \"roleplayed\" and not just random killers) would add to the game.
  What you could do is limit how and where you could learn the skills necessary to become an assassin (picking locks, maybe stalking, and certainly backstabbing or some form thereof). Thieves\' and assassins\' guilds aren\'t exactly easy to find, after all. You have to know who to talk to, and even then they\'ll probably set you a few hard tasks before they agree to teach you anything (quests, anyone?).

and then walk around happily killing everyone without the guards doing anything.

True... but think about it. Your average Joe on the street
doesn\'t carry much money, nor is he going to be worth many XP.
  If there is an assassins\' guild (or some group that teaches these skills) they aren\'t going to appreciate someone killing off innocent people in \"their\" territory, without their consent. The Watch may not do anything about it, but the assassins\' guild certainly will. A few muggings is fine; such things happen all the time, and aren\'t really of concern to the guild. Even a few back-alley stabbings are acceptable. But someone who consistently breaks into homes to rob and/or kill people without guild consent will quickly be put under sanction, including but not limited to: refusal to train any further skills; refusal to use the guild headquarters (if there is one); or even being killed, run out of town, or turned in to the City Watch. The Watch doesn\'t see everything, but the guilds do, and they\'ll know if you go on a killing spree.
This is my world.

- Anonymous.

Dwinney

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2002, 07:48:48 am »
Wait, you actually get EXP form killing people?! 8o

Even from afar,

Excerpt from L2EB  

Tearlach t'an Ailech fin Leros

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2002, 08:24:22 am »
What you could do is limit how and where you could learn the skills necessary to become an assassin (picking locks, maybe stalking, and certainly backstabbing or some form thereof). Thieves\' and assassins\' guilds aren\'t exactly easy to find, after all. You have to know who to talk to, and even then they\'ll probably set you a few hard tasks before they agree to teach you anything (quests, anyone?).

But it will still be so that the pkingers will find that guild go ther do the quests destroy planeshift.
It is just to skip it, besides people who will be assasinated (even if it roleplayed) will be frustrated cause they can\'t fight back, they can\'t get away.
And what if this assasin peanut wants revenge, stalking and killing the same person over and over, theres nothing he can do except quit the game.
Join The Order Of The Hand .
The rules are being updated, mail me if you are interested in knowing them.
\"Down in their hearts, wise men know this truth: the only way to help yourself is to help others.\"
Never take life seriously; nobody gets out alive anyway.