Author Topic: *Wonders what CB will be like*...  (Read 3868 times)

Icefalcon

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2004, 12:09:46 pm »
I hope there will be some loss of items, because PvP wouldnt be very fun at all if you didnt get any loot...

Xalthar

• Forum Addict
  • Tisfjæsing.
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2004, 12:12:27 pm »
\"loss of items\" is perhaps the most frustrating concept ever...

Caldazar

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2004, 02:23:25 pm »
Originally posted by Icefalcon
I hope there will be some loss of items, because PvP wouldnt be very fun at all if you didnt get any loot...

Yeah!!!!1111!one1!
Wherez teh phat leewt?! LEEEEEEEEEWT!!

Humm, sorry...just a little twitch.
Browsing the forums when I\'m bored, nothing more.

micahell

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2004, 06:35:39 am »
One the one hand, it seems just natural, that when you die and leave a body, that it is free to loot..
One the other hand, most players will find it too frustrating if the loose their precious stuff (i suppose, that you will always put your best equipment on ^^)

IMHO, a good thing would be, that every player would have some kind of guardian or godfather NPC, which watches his adventures through some kind of magic and teleports him out in the most crictical moment ( when health reaches 0 or char gets unconscious)
Some retired magician in a wheelchair, which sole purpose is to watch the ongoings of the young adventurers in his crystal ball at his old age (so we hope, that grandpa doesnt get his beautynap ;)
Then you would have to pay Grandpa or say, that you are a big hero now and dont need his services again (first time for free or first 5 levels) (btw.. price should depend on personal wealth and/or level)

There should be then some areas, where you are out of reach for your guardian, for the truly adventurous only :)

So far my thougths ^^

But i guess its already discussed, how the outcome should be and decissions were already made...
« Last Edit: February 25, 2004, 06:36:30 am by micahell »

Darkmandis

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2004, 06:39:27 am »
I think they should have a kill/death count on CB.
Just like they did in Graal online (stupid game)

When you are killed your death count raises and when you kill, your kill count raises.

I also think its handy to put your cash in a bank or something and when you have cash in your pocket and you get killed, your cash drops on the ground.

I think thats phat.
>>When I look at the sky I see stars, when I look at the stars I see future ans when I look at your future I see Death<<

micahell

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2004, 08:22:36 am »
Originally posted by Darkmandis
I think they should have a kill/death count on CB.
Just like they did in Graal online (stupid game)

When you are killed your death count raises and when you kill, your kill count raises.

I also think its handy to put your cash in a bank or something and when you have cash in your pocket and you get killed, your cash drops on the ground.

I think thats phat.

Yeah, there should be some kind of treasurer of course..
As in DAoC perhaps or a chest for renting, where only you got the key for

But whats the matter with death and killcounts?
It just wouldnt arouse my ambition and when the deatchcount has risen high, ill just dont pay attention to it anymore..
So its just interesting for statistical means..
Or does it have some other meaningfull function in Graal Online? ( dunno the game)

Another possibility would be, like in Neverwinter Nights, the use of some magical teleporting stone, whitch brings you back to a save spot.
But it should be activated with some delay :), so that you have to use it just in time or watch your opponent looting your corpse..
(so if chances are still 50% after both have lost 70% of health in battle, you may still want to take the risk..)

karakth

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2004, 06:42:33 pm »
Hmm...Escape from the Death Realm? I\'m guessing you can\'t die in the death realm...But then, it\'s got to be some sort of maze, right? Well, like most things end right now...Let\'s wait for CB and find out.
~Karakth, Arcane Loremaster of the Arcane Order.

Deddarus

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2004, 10:39:28 am »
could be that:

escape from death realm = respawn into body with all items

die in death realm = respawn at home/town square and body is left as a lootable corpse where u died

Mordaan

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2004, 11:22:55 am »
could be that:

die in death realm = respawn at home/town square and body is left as a lootable corpse where u died

So the winner has to sit there and wait for this to be decided?  Or would be get the equipment temporarily?
--Overseer, Explorers Guild.

Monketh

• Veteran
  • aka GovernmentAgent, CorporateAgent
    • View Profile
    • Niihama.ws
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2004, 01:51:55 pm »
Originally posted by Mordaan
could be that:

So the winner has to sit there and wait for this to be decided?  Or would be get the equipment temporarily?

Thus decreasing the purpose of pk\'ing for loot.  Who would want to wait around?  Good anti-pk system. :)
The key to manipulative bargaining is to ask for something twice as big as what you want, then smile and nod when you are talked down to your original wish. You are still young, my apprentice, and have much to learn in the ways of the force. -UtM

Mordaan

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2004, 02:40:27 pm »
Yep, sounds good.

Although images of \"vultures\" circling over a corpse in wait comes to mind!   ;)
--Overseer, Explorers Guild.

DepthBlade

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2004, 07:23:43 pm »
I am sure i just recently said something about this whole hell level you go to when you die on another thread but ill say it again on this one its a good idea so quick respawning won\'t ruin wartime!

Adeli

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2004, 12:23:28 am »
I like the whole idea of a death realm. Wandering in the afterlife is a cool prospect. If it works as an anti pk system GOOD! I can\'t stand being pk\'ed.
This game is set to be great.
Keep up the good work devs.
If it came to a choice between a worthy product and a hasty release, I choose worthy product. If you truly want something, you\'ll be content to wait for it.

I like Red Jelly Beans!

Maxxith Dun'Giona

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2004, 07:07:16 am »
hmmmm, Death Realm.

I like the concept but what if it\'ll take you two hours to get out of the death realm? I think you\'ll get bored.

I like the kill/death counts, the more kills you have the more stronger you grow.

What about combining those?

Get into the death realm +1 death count, so people can see how strong/weak you are.

like if you have 200 deaths and 20 kills, people know you aren\'t that strong. But if you have 200 kills and 20 deaths, they are afraid of you and you wont be attacked so often.

just an idea.

The Gumster

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2004, 11:38:52 am »
what if they have a sort of wilderness area where you can only be attacked by other players, then if you get killed by a PK\'er you lose your stuff but if you get killed by a monster in some other area you dont :)

you cant see it with your eyes, hold it with your hand, like the wind it covers all land, this thing called love.
It can lift you up never put you down, take your world and turn it all around.
Ever since time nothings ever been found
thats stronger than love