Author Topic: [gasp]We Will ALL be Noobs [/gasp]  (Read 3225 times)

josephoenix

• IRC Op
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2004, 09:05:04 pm »
Well, you won\'t get killed by passing pesants, unless you both agree that one of you will die. The pesant must ask nicely for PvP (and say please!) and you must agree... Although If a guild elder is only half as strong as some lunatic layer that never contributes much of anything yet levels constantly... And this lunatic challenges him for leadership of the guild, he has to agree to the fight so he won\'t look cowardly, etc, etc.

Oh well.. I gues maybe even two universes might not be enough :P

josePhoenix
Sir John Falstaff: "Let the skie raine Potatoes: let it thunder, to the tune of Greenesleeues"

Adeli

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2004, 01:21:23 pm »
sorry to revive the thread...
i\'d been absent for a while, and honestly forgotten about it, this is the biggest load of off topic.. err.. caviar.. that I have ever seen.

First, I apologise, I did not make myself clear...
I was not referring to \'noob\' as planeshifters have adapted it, the questions etc.. I was merely using the term as it was used in many, many online games.

You may not have noticed, but older games \'elites\' think they are superior because they spend more time online (possible reason for this misconception). These users, call people who are newer and not as skillful, \'noobs\'. Have you played any game other than PS?

Everywhere, the experienced mock the less-experienced.. my point was merely that we will all be inexperienced, I did not mean to imply we will all be ignorant, and obnoxious... though lets face it.. many people will be obnoxious, it\'s human nature.

Aendar... thankyou, for being the only person attempting to stay mostly ON TOPIC. One guy was telling us of his dreams to fly a B-Wing?? wrong game methinks.

So once more, I apologise for the misinterpretation.

[edit] due to frequent pains in the chest, my mind is drawn once more to my heart as opposed to my computer, so I shall take my leave.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2004, 01:23:03 pm by Adeli »

I like Red Jelly Beans!

Monketh

• Veteran
  • aka GovernmentAgent, CorporateAgent
    • View Profile
    • Niihama.ws
(No subject)
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2004, 03:47:20 pm »
Heh, I think we have a different definition of \'noob\' here at planeshift.  You\'re ok as long as you don\'t ask the same question twice or refuse to read up the faq when informed of it\'s existance.

[edit]
Examples: Failure to notice guilds forum before advertising on the boards- noob
Posting about new guild with basic, readible information-newb
Asking why you shouldn\'t cheat-noob
Asking where to find rubies, then thanking-newb
et cetera
« Last Edit: July 19, 2004, 04:24:13 pm by Monketh »
The key to manipulative bargaining is to ask for something twice as big as what you want, then smile and nod when you are talked down to your original wish. You are still young, my apprentice, and have much to learn in the ways of the force. -UtM

FlippySeal

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2004, 04:06:26 pm »
What does it matter??? Just play the damn game!! Besides, I think you\'re confusing newb with noob??? WTF?!?!?! they are the same damn thing! Sides noobs (and newbs to those who think they newbs are different) are immune to flaming!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2004, 04:06:45 pm by FlippySeal »

Elkindel

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2004, 04:08:43 pm »
Definitions

Newb- New player, has yet to learn the game

Noob/N00b- New player, griever, obnaxious moron

Narull ter Aenasul

Kiva

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2004, 04:25:03 pm »
We will all have new characters. Yes, that is true.
We will all have no clue where the monsters are. Yes, that is true.
We will all be annoying and call eachothers n00bs. No, that is not true.

By those three facts we can state that we will all be new to the game (newbies), not n00bs. And this thread is better off closed, otherwise people will just have another reason to get all excited and flamy.
\"Somewhere over the rainbow...\"