Author Topic: Hydlaa Drifter Cross  (Read 1699 times)

Eurac

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Re: Hydlaa Drifter Cross
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2020, 04:46:56 am »
HDF are registered for the coming races, they will not be removed. If no one from the guild shows up others will be informed of HDFs absence. No published material will be altered, no refunds will be issued. The House of Games considers the matter closed.
The large print giveth and the small print taketh away.

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2020, 08:32:05 am »

HDF are registered for the coming races, they will not be removed. If no one from the guild shows up others will be informed of HDFs absence. No published material will be altered, no refunds will be issued. The House of Games considers the matter closed.
As a matter of fact, I do not consider this closed. I don’t care about the refunds, as you seem to misunderstand. I simply do not want to roleplay with you personally ever again, and I don’t want any implication with this event anymore. Please remove any mentions to Mishka or House DeFaye, I don’t want to have to ask a game master to step in.

Thank you very much.

"It's all fun and games until someone stabs someone else in the eye."

Wocib

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2020, 09:04:35 am »
As a matter of fact, I do not consider this closed. I don’t care about the refunds, as you seem to misunderstand. I simply do not want to roleplay with you personally ever again, and I don’t want any implication with this event anymore. Please remove any mentions to Mishka or House DeFaye, I don’t want to have to ask a game master to step in.

Thank you very much.

Amazing how you want something that happened ICly to be deleted from everyone's memories...
Mishka what happened, happened and can't be removed as you wishes...
And it's part of your background now...
 yes Mishka paid the Guild fees (I personaly saw HdF tent, and all the HDF & mishka's Ad Boards),
Yes Mishka has the second best time trials...
I've even heard she bet on herself (you want those money back too ?)
Yes Mishka took part of the race, and apparantly even finished the race at the 6th place...

now you want "Gods" to interfer for you and remove all facts from everyone else memories ?
Sound a baddly OOC to me, like all the drama around a simple 'client crash'...

Well, now, knowing Eurac, if you approach him Icly, and give some circles, he could maybe helping you get Mishka name deleted from all books and officials papers, be sure to do it fast as I heard Hydlaa Museum asked for some copy of Race admin papers...
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 09:06:14 am by Wocib »

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2020, 09:22:35 am »
Amazing how you want something that happened ICly to be deleted from everyone's memories...
Mishka what happened, happened and can't be removed as you wishes...
And it's part of your background now...
I am retconning Mishka to never having been implied as having run, or joined that event as a guild. If asked ICly, I will deny it every time.

yes Mishka paid the Guild fees (I personaly saw HdF tent, and all the HDF & mishka's Ad Boards),
Yes Mishka has the second best time trials...
I've even heard she bet on herself (you want those money back too ?)
Yes Mishka took part of the race, and apparantly even finished the race at the 6th place...
I have already given up on the "money." The boards can stay up, as that is something else. I had never once crashed during any of the practice runs, or the time trials, or any other thing I've done regarding that event. I "finished 6th" having only done 3 laps, when everyone else had already finished.

now you want "Gods" to interfer for you and remove all facts from everyone else memories ?
Sound a baddly OOC to me, like all the drama around a simple 'client crash'...
It's not my fault that the client decided to crash. I have upwards of 80FPS and lowered my graphic settings, and an average ping of ~65ms. This crash wasn't my fault, and I'd expect everyone to be treated fairly and with the same oportunities, with what they're working with.

Well, now, knowing Eurac, if you approach him Icly, and give some circles, he could maybe helping you get Mishka name deleted from all books and officials papers, be sure to do it fast as I heard Hydlaa Museum asked for some copy of Race admin papers...
As I said, I am not getting involved with Eurac. I have my own issues and I'm done with not standing up for myself, so on this I'm not going to budge.

Wocib

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2020, 11:43:57 am »
I am retconning Mishka to never having been implied as having run, or joined that event as a guild. If asked ICly, I will deny it every time.
Well this is clearly not the Way it should be RPed, as you have been there, everyone saw you... Deny it if you want, but you have been there... everyone involved can confirm you were... think about a way to sort this Icly, sound better than just deny OCCly...
(...) It's not my fault that the client decided to crash. I have upwards of 80FPS and lowered my graphic settings, and an average ping of ~65ms. This crash wasn't my fault, and I'd expect everyone to be treated fairly and with the same oportunities, with what they're working with.
Of course it isnt your fault, noone never mentioned it was, it's just that things happen, this is racing, Sometime a racing team (even the best one) can work on its car to make it ready for the race and the engine broke on the first lap... that is exactly what happened to you here... it's just no luck... IMO.. that's all what is it...
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 11:52:29 am by Wocib »

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2020, 12:38:57 pm »
First of all, nobody has he right to tell someone else how or what to RP. I am completely free to say I’m retconning an event, despite what people may say: I can just choose to ignore/deny it. But anyone with a modicum of empathy and good taste will admit that someone is upset about an event, and solidarize with them. I know I do that - it’s called being a respectful human being.

Secondly, I have in multiple occasions said I am beyond solving this in an IC manner. It should’ve been solved then and there when it happened, and it wasn’t. This is not just for me, but to show everyone that if you are not comfortable with how something turns out, no matter how big or small, you have the right to stand up for yourself.

And thirdly, if I play a game it’s to disconnect from real life. I will choose the setbacks that happen to my character, not let a badly written game engine dictate how I play the game. Put shortly, I refuse to play along with OOC failures on the client/server side. If the server had gone down, instead of just me, the race would’ve most likely restarted.

This is the perfect example of a great idea, poorly executed. It was lacking failsafes and full of loopholes, and determined to make a player or group thereof earn money at other players’ expenses, and you can’t convince me otherwise. Call me intransigent but I will not play along with this.

gonger

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2020, 01:11:29 pm »
Mishka, what happened to you was a RL interference. A most unfortunate one, granted. But - shit happens.
Similar interferences happen all the time to pretty much everybody. I could quote several examples from personal experience, like getting disconnected before the official closure of the big Invasion event, and therefore not receiving any of the rewards.
Was I annoyed, even angry? I sure was, for a while.
Then I calmed down and accepted it as a RL interference.

May I suggest that Mishka had an accident during the race, and suffered a concussion that took away her memory from the events? Then you can deny with good reason that any of it happened. Without telling us others how to RP this...

BTW, to claim that the aim of the event was to make money seems absurd. It must have taken many hours to set up all of this, and any half-decent crafter can earn themselves some nice tria in the same time. What concerns failsafes and loopholes, show us how to do it better. There are still more races to come, after all. Or you could organize an event of your own.

I have several event ideas myself, but I have a lot of work right now (aka RL interference), and when I started thinking about them, I quickly had a long ToDo list - certainly incomplete. This helped me understand how much time you need to put into an event.

In any case, I am looking forward to the next races, and hope you will join the fun again. The more, the merrier.

Greetings, Gonger.

Wocib

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2020, 02:09:27 pm »
This is the perfect example of a great idea, poorly executed. It was lacking failsafes and full of loopholes, and determined to make a player or group thereof earn money at other players’ expenses, and you can’t convince me otherwise. Call me intransigent but I will not play along with this.
Did someone forced you to pay Mishka ?
Now that you lost the race, you're claiming that the process was unfair...
But when You joined and paid it was fair ? as you were convinced to win the race and get the price right ? So sure to win that you even bet on yourself ? but who forced you to do it ?
Nobody asked you to buy all those boards for you and your guilds
you could have entered for 100 Circles if I remember well,  like some others guilds did and Now that you lost the race you come and cry that it's unfair  ???
it just looks like you're jaleous Mishka... that it is just what it look like from my point of view...
Sorry to say so...

May I suggest that Mishka had an accident during the race, and suffered a concussion that took away her memory from the events? Then you can deny with good reason that any of it happened. Without telling us others how to RP this...

Good point Gonger \\o//,
Mishka can deny Rping she lost memory. without having to wipe everyone memories, any way this is the way others riders (& peoples who were there watching) should RP this I think, except if they all accept to have lost their memory...
in that case:
* Wocib thinks of A Giant Mage, at least 750 feet tall, Master of the Jaleously Way, came and casted a Wrath Wipping Spell of the Broken Toys  on everyone at the end of the race. and all of sudden everyone lost his memory about Mishka being part of the race.
Wait... this is godmodding ? :oops: 
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 04:16:02 pm by Wocib »

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2020, 07:09:51 am »
Now that you lost the race, you're claiming that the process was unfair...
But when You joined and paid it was fair ? as you were convinced to win the race and get the price right ? So sure to win that you even bet on yourself ? but who forced you to do it ?
Nobody asked you to buy all those boards for you and your guilds
you could have entered for 100 Circles if I remember well,  like some others guilds did and Now that you lost the race you come and cry that it's unfair  ???
it just looks like you're jaleous Mishka... that it is just what it look like from my point of view...
[...]
* Wocib thinks of A Giant Mage, at least 750 feet tall, Master of the Jaleously Way, came and casted a Wrath Wipping Spell of the Broken Toys  on everyone at the end of the race. and all of sudden everyone lost his memory about Mishka being part of the race.

You're being unreasonably rude, and this is uncalled for. I didn't want to sound rude myself but I actually wonder who really gave you a say in this. You're simply trolling and trying to undermine me, and I can't accept this. I'm trying to actually be civil and you're derailing the thread. You should be ashamed of yourself.

If I had lost fair and square I would've just sucked it up. I even ran against Jots and realized he was faster, and THEN I bet on myself, so what? The matter is not that I lost, it's that something out of my control that shouldn't have happened caused me grief and now I'm being painted as the villain. Again, to reiterate my point:

Keep the damn money, I don't care. Just remove Mishka and HdF from the rankings, because this has gone on long enough and it's causing unnecessary grief for everyone. I'll shut up once that's done.

Migg

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2020, 04:29:28 pm »
I immensely enjoyed this event, and would like to thank everyone involved, and especially Eurac and Kenina for the long hours they put into making all this happen, as I can appreciate the amount of work and planning required to set up an event of a scale like this one. Despite the unfortunate mishap that caused so much pain, this is one of the events I will remember!

Unfortunately, almost all my screenshots turned out to be too bad to share. I only have the one, which barely came out decent enough (please excuse the shortcuts along the top), and I am sharing it in the hopes everyone will be able to appreciate the design of the Hydlaa Drifter Cross course. Eagerly awaiting the next race!

A devilishly hard drifter track.

Eurac

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2020, 11:18:26 pm »
Nice to see and overhead of the course, glad you enjoyed it Migg.
The large print giveth and the small print taketh away.

Sarko

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: Amdeneir Drifter Cross
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2020, 06:42:38 am »
Amdeneir Drifter Cross is coming:

build up the Track for the race... (Checked)
almost looks like a Maze...

on going... Ojavedda short track...
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 09:32:09 am by Sarko »
Ingame use IRC: #Planeshift-gmtalk

Migg

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2020, 02:40:59 pm »
Amdeneir Drifter Cross is coming:

build up the Track for the race... (Checked)
almost looks like a Maze...

\\o// Track is already set up? I need to try this! Just one note, Migg can't run and count, so in Hydlaa I think he did at least one extra round before realizing everyone had stopped. Since the finish line on Amdeneir is not on the main track, I hope there is some indication for when participants will need to be turning home, last round bell or something?

Sarko

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2020, 03:23:53 pm »
Yeah we found some solution to solve this... and you will have to do 7 laps... 5 was a bit short in Hydlaa
Oja also is 80% done...
Ingame use IRC: #Planeshift-gmtalk

Sarko

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2020, 07:03:07 am »
THE DRIFTER CROSS CHAMPIONSHIP

Second Race, Amdeneir Drifter Race,
[Sat 21/03/20 at 2030 hrs GMT].

Migg whe moved the finish Line for you, didnt want you to turn for ever in Amdeneir.

REGISTER NOW FOR TIME TRIALS WITH EURAC HOG OR KENINA

Welcome to Drifter Cross Championship, a series of fast paced, hair raising drifter races in and around Yliakum. With the opening race, the Hydlaa Drifter Cross, completed we come to Amdeneir's city course for the second race of the serie. This will be followed by a mountain course in Gugrontid, an off road course near Ojaveda and finally a precarious canyon course at the Bronze Doors Fortress.

The Drifter Cross Championship is open to all, there are prizes for both individual riders and guilds and of course the overall winners at the culmination of the series, so it’s time to get your drifters in tip-top condition.

Below you will find details regarding the races, the championships, the prizes, the entry fees and conditions, the sponsored advertising and the finale banquet.

THE RACES

NOTE:

All riders are required to wear full leather armor and a non horned helm.

Any drifter seen in the air during time trial laps will forfeit their lap time and during the races will be disqualified.

Each individual race will have three parts:

Practice, the course will be made available for 1 week prior to the race.

Time trials, each rider will need to ride 3 officially timed laps around the course prior to the race day itself, there will be no trials on race day, the best of the 3 lap times will be used to decide their position at the start line. If a rider does not complete the time trials they will be placed accordingly on the day of the race.

The race will be 7 laps of the course with prizes and points for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in the riders championship and points for the first five placed in the guild championship.

The prize breakdown of all races will be dictated by the total entrance fees for each race.

THE RIDERS CHAMPIONSHIP

During the series riders will be awarded championship points for each race:

5 pts for 1st place.
3 pts for 2nd place.
1 pt for 3rd place

At the end of the series the rider with the most points will become the overall series champion and will receive a trophy to display as they wish.

THE GUILDS CHAMPIONSHIP

During the series riders guilds will be awarded championship points for each race.

5 pts for a member in 1 st place.
4 pts for a member in 2nd place.
3 pts for a member in 3rd place.
2 pts for a member in 4th place.
1 pt for a member in 5 th place.

At the end of the series the guild with the most points will be awarded a trophy to display as they wish.

PRIZE BREAKDOWN

Prizes are calculated as a percentage of the total income from each of the races entry fees less 20%%%% for administration costs.

1st place, 40%.
2nd place, 25%.
3rd place, 15%.

The rider and guild champion will receive the Drifter Cross Riders Trophy and the Drifter Cross Guilds Trophy respectively.

RACE ENTRY & FEES

Riders are not required to enter all 5 races of the series but it would be preferable, there are 3 race entry options.

GUILD ENTRY: 2,000 Circles. This covers the race entry of up to 4 riders, a large tent for their riders use on race day and 10 seats at the Finale Banquet.

PREMIUM ENTRY: 500 Circles. This covers the race entry of 1 rider, a medium sized tent for their use on race day and 2 seats at the Finale Banquet.

BASIC ENTRY: 100 Circles. This covers the race entry of 1 rider and 1 seat at the Finale Banquet.

Entry fees are non-refundable.

SPONSORSHIP

All are welcome to advertise their wares, guilds and even just have their names on the race course billboards.

1 board - 100 Circles.
10 boards - 800 Circles.
20 boards - 1,500 Circles.

All advertisements and payment will need to be received before race day.

IF YOU REQUIRE ANY FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT EURAC OR KENINA

HYDLAA DRIFTER CROSS RESULTS:
- Jots (the flying dwarf) won the race, (TWH)
- Migg Second, (Chaaran Order)
- Stalfos Third, (Ad Libertatem)
- Hangatyr 4th, (TWH)
- Gonger 5th (Bounty Hunter)
- Haviland 6th (The Family)
- Anysu 7th (House DeFaye)
- Vetay 8th (Ad Libertatem)
- Mishka 9th (House DeFaye)

OVERALL CHAMPIONSHIP OVERALL:

Overall Riders Championship (after one race): 
Jots: 5 points
Migg: 3 points