Author Topic: Simplify Attribute Caps!  (Read 277 times)

Zoomzoom

• Traveller
  • Azeron
    • View Profile
Simplify Attribute Caps!
« on: July 28, 2012, 09:21:55 pm »
One of the last times I played Planeshift, I read that the cap for Attributes was raised from a nice and simple 100 to an irritating 300 or so (this number could have been changed since I last played).

Why such a large number? First of all, people were already able to farm Ubernauts, and they were actually provided them with a buff? Uncalled for, attributes were fine as it is. If players are going to be so powerful, then there will also be no motivation for them to work together.

Secondly, the cap for Attributes in most RPG's has always been a nice 100, only buffs ever pushing it further. If the developers believe 100 is really not enough, then at least make attributes more powerful and more expensive rather than lazily increasing it by a few hundred. I and other players don't want to travel across the world numerous times searching for trainers, paying untold hundreds of thousands of tria we grinded for, just to max our attributes. Please leave such tedious things for the Korean MMO's.

I don't know what the limit for skills are, but I hope they are all 100, or else there is no balance. Some skills wouls be longer to train than others! And again...the number differentiation just gives me an OCD attack.

And personally, I believe attributes should be increased by performing tasks, rather than paying a trainer (or maybe even both)...but that's a suggestion for another time.

Does anyone else feel the same way?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 10:17:57 pm by Zoomzoom »

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Simplify Attribute Caps!
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 10:52:09 pm »
Basic stats: 200 to 400
Specific skills: 100 to 200

A wish to limit the sum of stats has been discussed before.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Zoomzoom

• Traveller
  • Azeron
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 11:39:20 pm »
Basic stats: 200 to 400
Specific skills: 100 to 200

A wish to limit the sum of stats has been discussed before.
Yeah, but how old is that thread? I don't want to necro-post.

tman

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 01:03:14 am »
"That" thread?  It's been discussed dozens of times.  Literally every thread about stat balancing that I've seen has led to some mention of limiting stat totals to prevent invincible superhero mage-warriors.
You can't teach a pig to sing.  It'll never work, and you'll annoy the pig.

Zoomzoom

• Traveller
  • Azeron
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2012, 07:04:31 am »
Well with all those complaints, I hope the Planeshift team does something to address this...

The skill counts need to be optimized if they hope to create a professional game.

Pakarro

• Hydlaa Resident
  • My kind mistress is Pakerl from "The Family"
    • View Profile
    • meet Pakerl
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2012, 12:36:40 pm »
I wanted a similar thing, which evolved into a large thread with a lot of pro-s and con-s, all of them somehow understandable...

See http://www.hydlaaplaza.com/smf/index.php?topic=40566.msg454728#msg454728
Glad to meet you :)