Author Topic: Physical Stamina Depletion  (Read 1708 times)

Vankseal Serozan

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Re: Physical Stamina Depletion
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2013, 10:47:25 am »
Ok, I have not read all the comments to this post so this may have already been posted. PS has a paced combat system in my honest opinion. Unlike the old medieval battles where fighters would swing blades only when they had a chance of hitting their enemy, characters in PS swing constantly causing their stamina to drain quickly. This can be avoided by repetitively stopping and starting combat. All-out fights may only last a few minutes as previously stated but you have to keep in mind PS is not set up for all out fights. It is much more of a stop and go kind of combat system. Medieval battles lasted for hours, this is due to some good strategy of the fighters. In order to maintain constant fighting the troops would have to cycle through positions not unlike a flock of birds. Some fight in the front taking on the worst of the fight while others rest in the back. I think this could be incorporated in some PS group fights if needed to allow people to carry on their combat but it may be difficult to find other players online that have similar training. To be honest, I think the stamina penalties for wearing certain gear are needed but they certainly need balancing. 
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 10:50:59 am by Vankseal Serozan »

Eonwind

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2013, 05:07:53 am »
@Eonwind : I know that you are busy on something else right now Eonwind but i re-did the test with different KFactors. I used the same MAGE char and same spells as in the previous tests.

Note : All the tests  without using Relaxing Sleep. (the difference is not that big with or without anyways).
------------------
[...]

@Lumi: thank you so much for showing off the numbers, now that the 0.6 release is out I will review the stamina rules and I hope to be able to fix it by the next update (which will probably be out for christmas).

Volki

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2014, 02:23:38 am »
Reviving this thread to say that I was in a duel with Kisoji a couple minutes ago. I have 1850 maximum physical stamina. We wore full sets of heavy armor, he had axes, and I had platinum steel longswords. I started in bloody, as one is supposed to when dueling. I hit him twice and... ran out of stamina.

Two hits.

He didn't hit me.

He only managed to hit me when I could not attack. I tried to run, so he killed me with magic. (Thanks...)

So, I lost because I ran out of stamina.

Dueling is dead. Please fix it.
Lace dark dreadfull power inside him awakens now fully resultin his former self comin back lord of dark noble house shantae of mevango family lacertus shadowone mevango also knowed as darkblade of shadows

Bonifarzia

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2014, 05:06:07 am »
I started in bloody, as one is supposed to when dueling.
Mhm, really? Stance, armor weight, weapon weight, buffs from consumables, all of this can change stamina usage quite a bit, so this needs some testing before we conclude dueling is dead. Maybe it works better if both of you agree to use no armor? (I know, cheap workaround, but do you remember the time when armor really made duels impossible?) Or maybe keeping a stack of food or herbal buffs active will fix this issue. We should try and see :)
PS: Unfair spells? Aye, but stamina wont help you to escape. Mages can lock you down at will, just like archers with good gear can one-hit-kill you from a distance. Play fair and have fun ;)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 05:12:51 am by Bonifarzia »

Volki

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2014, 06:32:43 am »
I already included all of the factors that played into the duel. Me, I am maxed in swords and heavy armor. Kisoji is probably maxed in axes and heavy armor. My stats are at a high enough rank that I can kill a pack of maulbernauts without glancing at my screen. Kisoji might be at my level or higher.

We both wore heavy armor. I used platinum steel longswords. He used axes. Our weapons were likely both player-crafted. This is the typical equipment used by duelists. I don't see a point in using no armor. That would be both boring (a short bout) and extremely dangerous (RP-wise).

This is a complaint for the developers to see. I do not use temporary "fixes". I will just avoid dueling until stamina is no longer an issue.
Lace dark dreadfull power inside him awakens now fully resultin his former self comin back lord of dark noble house shantae of mevango family lacertus shadowone mevango also knowed as darkblade of shadows

Mouli

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2014, 07:23:17 am »
Duelers do not use crafted weapons anymore...
Looted ones combined with a good helm are a lot more efficient...
you may use more /stop attack when you're not in range to your opponent.
but I agree that its a bit physical stamina depletion is quite annoying but not as much as mental stamina depletion for Mages...
Too many chiefs, not enough Indians...

Volki

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2014, 07:54:52 am »
Why are non-crafted weapons better?

I have never needed a helm because I usually do not get hit.

Why should I need to stop the attack? My character should not attempt to attack when the enemy is not within range. I do not know any games that use a system like that. It appeared to me that my stamina was going down most significantly when I hit Kisoji.

My mental stamina depletes much slower than physical stamina. This could be because I am not yet maxed (in mental stamina or a Way), although it would be illogical to lose stamina faster at a higher rank. Never know with this game anymore.

Maybe we should gather some duelists and do some tests.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2014, 08:43:22 am »
Why are non-crafted weapons better?

Crafted weapons are not yet enchantable. Looted weapons may have modifiers which give a remarkable boost to magic way skills which make spellcasted attacks more powerful, or to weapon skills or combat attributes (there are e.g. combinations of bows and helmets which give arrows a lot more damage).

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Mouli

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2014, 09:05:52 am »
I know some characters can hit over 2000 hitpoint with a good combinaison Weapons & helm
I know Pvp is now a lot less used than it was in the past but If you want to pratice just join the Champion Cup (february 1st)... I don't remember seeing you in the pit...
Too many chiefs, not enough Indians...

Bonifarzia

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2014, 09:20:38 am »
Crafted weapons are fine for duels because they make it easier to agree on "fair" conditions ... not every fighter can find a pair of weapons each with the rarity "one in ten millions". To be clear, I did not say stamina usage rules are perfect, you just seemed to combine the heaviest possible gear with the most demanding stance  :flowers:

EDIT: Just tested some food, useful for recovering stamina both instantly and over time.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 05:22:16 pm by Bonifarzia »

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2014, 12:58:40 pm »
For a longer event with more respectful combat rules than the Cup, try to convince Bonifarzia and Lumi to organize another YACE (click the left picture in Boni's signature). That may give you a chance to study the current game mechanics better.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Bonifarzia

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2014, 04:08:41 pm »
Well, Yace mostly worked because it widely ignored current mechanics  ;D

To experiment with and test the mechanics, it takes exactly what Volki was complaining about: Players that just have fun with some spontaneous duel sessions. We should really have more of them!