Author Topic: [GUILD] Cutthroats  (Read 8722 times)

novacadian

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: [GUILD] Cutthroats
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2010, 08:51:28 am »
Venorel had the pleasure of meeting some of the guild. The encounter moved nicely from strict RP to game mechanics through the reactions of Venorel; which had the feeling of respect to the player as well as their style of play.

It seemed The Cutthroats were having a busy night; as it ended up being my most entertaining time spent in the Death Realm to date. If not for my self imposed minimum 2 game day wait on Dakkru, my fun would have continued back into Hydlaa with the group of avenge seekers hot on their heels; or paws as the case may be.

It was also a good lesson of how little Venorel's duelling practise had prepared her for the real thing.

A tip of the helm to the Irishman and his gang of cutthroats!  :thumbup:

- Nova

Tessra

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • The Adani Order
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2010, 05:16:29 pm »
Hey Tessra,

Well, Kull can count the number of people who know the name of the organisation on one paw. Only a slightly larger amount know its even an organisation, not just a group of like-minded bandits. And you're not either in my book.  But yeah, have a personal war on Kull and Kis. It'd be correct for your main to do so. Awesome character by the way.  ;D

As far as the topic of "goodies" ganging up on "baddies", these are my feelings.

I definitely dislike it when a mob happens without obvious reason. I don't want to tangent off your post or switch the mood but I'll say this: I have no issue leaving a scene where a slew of "goodies" come out of nowhere  I couldn't care less what I would be called, its tasteless and stupid for mobs to happen in the vast majority of circumstances. This is one reason why characters not considered lawful, who are actually good roleplayers, are an almost extinct breed.

Hehe... Teshia is torn between the desire to hit Kull and Kis and the desire to hit on Kull and Kis.  But your, right, ICly neither of my girls knows anything about the Cutthroats.  They just think they are constantly in the wrong place at the wrong time (Tess) or the right place at the right time (Tesh).  And Tesh is determined never to be called fish again. :p 

It's rather amusing to me when "baddies" leave the scene.  It's completely in character with being a bandit/murder/etc.  I mean, really, what self-respecting baddie would sit around waiting to be captured by a mob? 

As much as I like it when my guild summons me to play along with things, its also not really feasible to use "groffel tells" and the like to summon a mob for what should be a one-on-one or even few-on-few fight.  It's almost like cheating.  Its one thing if you run into a group, like last night where I ran into Roled, and then Kull in the DR, but it wouldn't have been fair for me to hop in Alliance or GC and tell all my guildies to die down to play.  It's one thing if its all going to be RP, but with PvP it just skews things too badly.

I have to also offer another commendation.  You guys actually did what you said you were going to do.  So many "bad guys" just fiddle about and don't finish off their victims, or stay true to what they profess to be about.  It's nice to see baddies going into shades of black rather than just light gray on the black/white scale.  That's one reason I've never made a real bad-guy myself.  I doubt I would do them justice.  I've only had the pleasure of interacting with a few bad guys since joining the game, Marsuveus being the main one and it's really fun to antagonize someone who you know will kill or torture you just as soon as look at you.  So, yeah... great job! 
* Tessra huggles the Marzipan :p
Also, it's more credible to others if you grow in power slowly over time.  First kill rats, then noobs, then klyros, and eventually work your way up to more powerful creatures ~ Miomai

bloodedIrishman

« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2010, 05:29:16 pm »
Oh, that's strange. I've seen characters around that will kill anyone for just farting around them and no mobs gather to battle those scourges!

Come to think of it... I saw most of those guys at the last mob!

Good and Evil characters are an extinct breed in PlaneShift. What we have is ignorant, bloodlust people who're waiting for any pretext to unsheathe their swords and take justice by their hands.

It's kinda fun... I like them dumb.

Another source of peons. Expendable and mold-able.

Also I like the idea of this organization. Makes me remember the Thieves Underground (the structure, that is): very simple and gangsta style.

I have to give Phinehas credit, he gave me the new concept of making a guild structure simple. I prefer it this way. With less fluff we can focus on our goals more thoroughly.

Venorel had the pleasure of meeting some of the guild. The encounter moved nicely from strict RP to game mechanics through the reactions of Venorel; which had the feeling of respect to the player as well as their style of play.

It seemed The Cutthroats were having a busy night; as it ended up being my most entertaining time spent in the Death Realm to date. If not for my self imposed minimum 2 game day wait on Dakkru, my fun would have continued back into Hydlaa with the group of avenge seekers hot on their heels; or paws as the case may be.

It was also a good lesson of how little Venorel's duelling practise had prepared her for the real thing.

A tip of the helm to the Irishman and his gang of cutthroats!  :thumbup:

- Nova

Glad you enjoyed it  :)

Hehe... Teshia is torn between the desire to hit Kull and Kis and the desire to hit on Kull and Kis.  But your, right, ICly neither of my girls knows anything about the Cutthroats.  They just think they are constantly in the wrong place at the wrong time (Tess) or the right place at the right time (Tesh).  And Tesh is determined never to be called fish again. :p  

It's rather amusing to me when "baddies" leave the scene.  It's completely in character with being a bandit/murder/etc.  I mean, really, what self-respecting baddie would sit around waiting to be captured by a mob?  

As much as I like it when my guild summons me to play along with things, its also not really feasible to use "groffel tells" and the like to summon a mob for what should be a one-on-one or even few-on-few fight.  It's almost like cheating.  Its one thing if you run into a group, like last night where I ran into Roled, and then Kull in the DR, but it wouldn't have been fair for me to hop in Alliance or GC and tell all my guildies to die down to play.  It's one thing if its all going to be RP, but with PvP it just skews things too badly.

I have to also offer another commendation.  You guys actually did what you said you were going to do.  So many "bad guys" just fiddle about and don't finish off their victims, or stay true to what they profess to be about.  It's nice to see baddies going into shades of black rather than just light gray on the black/white scale.  That's one reason I've never made a real bad-guy myself.  I doubt I would do them justice.  I've only had the pleasure of interacting with a few bad guys since joining the game, Marsuveus being the main one and it's really fun to antagonize someone who you know will kill or torture you just as soon as look at you.  So, yeah... great job!  

When someone sends a groffel it usually foreshadows a bad guy's death.  ;D True, we did what we said. But don't give Kull or Kis too much credit, we boast our fair amount.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2010, 12:55:38 am »
Marzipan FTW! Marzipan beats Lemons by far! ;)

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Tessra

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • The Adani Order
« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2010, 03:40:57 am »
When someone sends a groffel it usually foreshadows a bad guy's death.  ;D True, we did what we said. But don't give Kull or Kis too much credit, we boast our fair amount.
* Tessra never noticed.  It must've been drowned out by her own boasting.
Also, it's more credible to others if you grow in power slowly over time.  First kill rats, then noobs, then klyros, and eventually work your way up to more powerful creatures ~ Miomai

Caraick

• Veteran
  • I liked PS before it was cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2010, 09:06:20 pm »
Marzipan FTW! Marzipan beats Lemons by far! ;)

lol :D

;D  ;D  ;D

And to BloodedIrishman and Kull, man it's nice to have some real rogues back around  :sorcerer:   As always, it's great playing with you two, hope the  fun RP's continue! :)
Hey look kids, it's the antichrist Marsuveus!
What? Doesn't he just look huggable? Aw, c'mon, give him a hug.

bloodedIrishman

« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2010, 08:34:43 am »
Real rogues, eh? I guess that's a compliment.  ;D The RP shall continue!

bloodedIrishman

« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2010, 12:04:29 am »

On blood-stained ground, an armored fiend
the Black-hearted Kull, son of Rhull, cries fiery
with foul tongue. "Give me your wicked, incarnate hate
Your moralless wayward of hearts dreary
The exiled demons forever banished from happy fate
Send them forth, the seekers, fire-bathed to me,
I raise my sword aside death's Black Gate!"

Took the poem by Emma Watson and changed it to fit the Cutthroats...just a bit.

We are not that dark.  Don't be put off. :D

Tessra

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • The Adani Order
« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2010, 12:14:32 am »
Oh very nicely done!

And my apologies... It seems my sister might've had another run-in with one of you furballs.  :love:

Xordan

• Crystal Space Developer
  • Forum Addict
  • For God and the Empire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2010, 02:34:52 pm »
Reminds me of The Cabal, lots of nostalgia there. Used to quite enjoy playing the game back then.
Maybe Kull will end up as legendry as Auran? :)

Xillix Queen of Fools

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2010, 02:42:00 pm »
Kull is clearly one of the most stilted and perpetually drooling players ever to have been known in this or any game. Imagine if Leroy Jenkins ran a guild and that's what you have here.

I think he and all of his accounts should be deleted and everyone who keeps a memory of his existence should have that part of their brain eradicated.

@Kull, May a thousand spiders feast on your entrails you puss-oozing wound of a player.

Xordan

• Crystal Space Developer
  • Forum Addict
  • For God and the Empire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2010, 02:44:21 pm »
My point exactly. Go team evil.

bloodedIrishman

« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2010, 02:44:39 pm »
Marry me Queeny, marry me.

bloodedIrishman

« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2010, 03:10:18 pm »
Unfortunately after much deep thought on the subject, Xillix, I can't marry you. I'm taken. She forced me to marry her and would've killed me had I not acquiesced.

Teshia is my woman. Hands off fools.

Tessra

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • The Adani Order
« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2010, 05:12:28 am »
Why Kull, I never knew you were that scared of me. I'm flattered. And I might just kill you anyway. ;)